View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
thankfulheart
Climbing Rose

thankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cat urine in carpet---update...help

So we moved in last September. Had new carpet put in upstairs and had the ones downstairs cleaned. We had no problem until a couple months ago. I found something downstairs in the play area that a cat had peed on. I at first thought one of Grams cats had gotten out and peed on it. But then I found some pee on something in the room where she keeps her cats in a cat cage/run. Then weeks later a cat peed on Grams newspapers in her little sitting room...twice. So we started keeping our cats locked upstairs in our living space. That was okay up until a few days ago. I found cat pee on a notebook that got knocked onto the floor...and a purse of mine fell out of the closet and was on the floor...at that point I still wasn't sure which of the two it was, but today...I was sitting on my bed and heard water...and looked at the foot and on the floor a dryer sheet had fallen and she peed on it...with me sitting right here. I am just so stressed out about it. I am cleaning the spots with Nature's Miracle enzyme cleaner but I'm afraid the odor will never really come out and the carpet up here is new. I keep their box very clean, same litter....the only thing I can think of is that it's just this living situation.
I bottle raised these cats and never once did they ever pee out of a box. It started months after we lived here...so I don't know what to think. I know they hate being up here away from us when we're downstairs..but the peeing started before they were locked up here. The urine isn't bloody or anything...and I've seen her going in the box ..so I don't know why she does sometimes and sometimes not. I know that Gram wants me to put her in a cage. I just can't do that , I think that would make it worse. But I'm so stressed she's going to ruin something we can't replace...and this new carpet! ugh. Gram has her two cats caged up because they peed on everything..her furniture, floors, clothes...they are old around 16. And I just hate that they are caged...it breaks my heart to see them in there..mostly because they just don't get the attention they should. She lets them out daily and brushes and pets them in that room...but it just seems sad.

I will call the vet tomorrow, but I honestly don't think she has a UTI. I think she's stressed about this situation here...and I don't know how to fix that. We are looking for a house now...but now that she's peed out of the box I'm afraid she always will because when we move again that will stress her out too.
She'll be 12 years old in December so I guess something *could maybe be going on with her health wise, but I really don't think so.
I can try adding litter boxes around, but her litter box is right there in the landing where she peed on the notebook the other day. So it may not make a difference.

Any advice at all would be helpful!

I just don't know what to do.

Last edited by thankfulheart; 09-02-2018 at 01:38 PM.
thankfulheart is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04759 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,963KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo