View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #6
Soliloquy
Administrator

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Creamy wild rice soup

The recipe calls for cooked wild rice, added at the beginning. I cook the wild rice in my Instant Pot during the day, using the timer delay, so it's done about the same time as the soup, then I add it.

You could add raw wild rice to the soup but you'd need to add quite a bit more broth. It absorbs about 3x its volume in liquid, usually, and takes over 60 minutes to cook simmering on the stove, about 35 minutes in a pressure cooker. I'm not sure how long it would take in a slow cooker. It's possible it might not even be done after 8 hours on low.
My Instagram
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-16-2019)