Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-22-2016, 04:42 AM   #31
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn HBC To Do/5minute challenge thread ~*~ Week 3+

I've been ill and then visiting family, but I'm going to jump back in with the new week . I've got a few bits done this morning but the in laws are due to arrive any minute now so I'm not sure how much else I'll get done. It's good to be back though!
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #32
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I majority overestimated myself

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #33
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmummy07 View Post
I majority overestimated myself
Old 10-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #34
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

End of the night

The bags are our swimming stuff packed for the party, the basket of laundry is nappies to be folded. We managed to get it mostly picked up and the floor swept and mopped but the dusting just did not happen. I don't really care though

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-22-2016)
Old 10-22-2016, 06:37 PM   #35
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday was a mental health day. Friday we actually got fall weather ( high of 76) so we took advantage and spent most of the day outside. Today we spent the day with the in-laws, needless to say I have a lot to catch up on for tomorrow. On the positive side dh made roast for lunch which we didn't eat because we went t the in-laws so lunch for tomorrow is ready to go.

Sunday to do list...
Clean guest bath
Clean master bath
Sweep/ Mop tile floors
Vacuum living room
Do 2 loads of laundry
Throw out trash from car
Make assignment sheets for kids for next week
Grocery shopping (if I have time)
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-23-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 01:36 AM   #36
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Sunday's list; survive

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (10-23-2016), Vicki_T (10-23-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 01:32 AM   #37
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Sunday's list accomplished

Monday:
~ Make bed
~Fed pets
~wash towel load
~dry yesterday's dark load
~Kitchen - tidy
- dishwasher
- clean worktops, cupboard fronts, appliances

~Hoover downstairs
~clean half bath
~bake gf bread
zucchini bread counts, right?
~sew elastics into dungarees for the baby
~ Go to the dentist
~ Adding a reminder to take more elderberry syrup today.
I've been so run down lately it's crazy.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-24-2016 at 08:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 01:56 AM   #38
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Ok, it's Monday morning and so far I've only put a load of washing on. We have started school though . Oh, and I did do 20 minutes of exercise. My list for the rest of the day is:

- Hang up the laundry
- put a load of bedding on

- new sheets for dd1
- empty the dishwasher and reload
- go to the library

I should probably also tackle the bathroom, though I'm not feeling very enthusiastic
I also want to make sure I get my quiet time in, as I got out of the habit when we went away for a few days. Oh, and I want to try Isabel's idea of planning which weekly jobs will be done when this week, taking into account other things that are going on. So, three more things for my list:

- quiet time
- create rough overall weekly cleaning plan
- clean bathroom (see what I've put bottom of the list )

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-24-2016 at 12:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vicki_T For This Useful Post:
Earthmummy07 (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 06:17 AM   #39
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Taking a breather while I nurse the baby down for nap. I'm considering lying down for a while once he's asleep but that's also my main opportunity to get stuff done so I don't know.

I still need to Hoover downstairs, and deep clean the half bathroom upstairs. And sew the elastics into the cuffs of his dungarees. It's 2.15 now, baby usually naps for atleast an hour and a half so I could lie down for half an hour and STILL get everything done. I think.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Old 10-24-2016, 07:25 AM   #40
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I've made a few decluttering goals for this week:
-organize clothes to go to two consignment stores (children's clothes and adult clothes)
-get load ready for the thrift store (ongoing, but whatever I have ready by Wednesday morning will be dropped off when I am in that part of town already)
-decide on items to post on 24 hour bidding site (bigger items that are hard to take to the thrift store, mostly)

Today's to-do list:
-make pie filling and assemble pies
-decide on dinner, prep as necessary
-overall house tidy
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 08:23 AM   #41
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Tada!

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (10-24-2016), RiverRock (10-24-2016), Vicki_T (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 09:56 AM   #42
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post

Sunday to do list...
Clean guest bath
Clean master bath
Sweep/ Mop tile floors
Vacuum living room
Do 2 loads of laundry
Throw out trash from car
Make assignment sheets for kids for next week
Grocery shopping (if I have time)
Yesterday I ended up decluttering my closet, mending dh's shorts, and pecan picking so the only things I got done from this list was the laundry and grocery shopping so I'm just going to work off of it for today too. I also have to...
Do school
Make dinner
Wash two more loads of laundry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (10-24-2016), Vicki_T (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 01:08 PM   #43
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Ah-choo! It was a dusty job, but two boys' wardrobes are now organized. The girls' clothes have already been accounted for and now all my dk are set for fall and winter. Only my oldest ds could use a pair of weather resistant shoes if I can convince him to go shopping. Now that I think about it, I can just buy him a pair of Blundstones because I know his size for those.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 02:05 PM   #44
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
Yesterday I ended up decluttering my closet, mending dh's shorts, and pecan picking so the only things I got done from this list was the laundry and grocery shopping so I'm just going to work off of it for today too. I also have to...
Do school
Make dinner
Wash two more loads of laundry
Done...
Dinner is prepped
Laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away
Assignment sheets made
Dishes washed
Lunch for tomorrow made
Kitchen, dining room, and hall swept
School done
Kitchen mopped
Living room vacuumed

Last edited by rdsmommy; 10-24-2016 at 06:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
Earthmummy07 (10-24-2016), Vicki_T (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 12:25 AM   #45
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Tuesday's list:

- 2x laundry loads (one done)
- clean kitchen sink and surfaces
- sweep kitchen and dining room floors
- hot spots

- quiet time

2:45 - doing pretty well! Just have quiet time and a bit more laundry to do, then only other things are dinner prep/clear up and music practice I ended up doing a more thorough kitchen clean too, wiping down appliances and cupboards as well as surfaces.

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-25-2016 at 06:47 AM.