Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Breakfast *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 02-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #1
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gluten Free Eggless Make-ahead Breakfasts

I have never been much of a breakfast eater, but I know it is best for me to start the day with breakfast especially because of my health condition. I need some ideas for make ahead breakfasts (stored in freezer would be ideal and just need a re-heat in the morning). I need gluten free and egg free ideas, please.

So far, I've done gluten free pancakes and sausage, hashbrown, spinach breakfast burritos.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gluten Free Eggless Make-ahead Breakfasts

Muffins (with nutritious add-ins). Ground flax/chia makes a pretty good egg substitute.
Can you do oats? GF steel cut oats overnight in the crock pot with pumpkin or apples, raisins, nuts...

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
charla (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 10:19 AM   #3
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I think muffins sound good. I will look for some gluten free recipes.

Unfortunately, I cannot handle the texture of cooked oatmeal.

I do tend more toward the savory than the sweet for breakfast.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 02-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #4
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

Scrambled tofu burritos or chickpea burritos. Black salt gives an eggy taste if you want.

Smoothies

Oatmeal breakfast cookies

Glo bars from Oh She Glows

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
charla (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Hidden veggie muffins from Danielle Walker
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
charla (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #6
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

When I was on the AIP diet I made a layered hash in a baking dish to eat for most of the week. I usually started with browned sausage, then cubed sweet potatoes (the orange kind and Japanese white-fleshed/purple skin kind), and sliced/diced carrots.

I also made sausage patties from scratch to keep in the freezer. These were good for breakfast and also for a grab-and-go lunch.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
charla (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #7
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

What about scones or breakfast bars? I can share several recipes if that sounds good.

Can you do potatoes?

When I was doing AIP, I would have basically dinner for breakfast. Not my favorite.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Here is a GREAT breakfast sausage recipe from this post. You can cook these in the oven for ease. They freeze well both cooked and raw (I mix several pounds in a big bowl, and then freeze about 8 ounces in quart sized bags. That way I can still cook it easily in a pan if I forget to defrost ahead of time ).

Quote:
2 lbs ground turkey
1 1/2 t salt
1 t dried sage
1 t pepper
1/2 t cayenne
1/2 t ginger

Mix all ingredients together. Cook on oiled pan. I use coconut oil. I cook them in 1 ounce patties and then put them in the fridge. Then I can just pull out a couple for breakfast and reheat them.
I would use A LOT less cayenne. Like 1/8 of a teaspoon.

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
charla (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #8
charla
Administrator

Yes, I can do potatoes. And, yes, any recipes would be helpful. I do like scones. I am not doing AIP. My doctor has me on a gluten free Mediterranean diet and I'm also egg free. The Mediterranean diet is lots of veggies, good fats, fruit, fish, although I don't think I could stomach fish for breakfast. Probably the most ideal breakfast for me and my adrenals would be a balance of protein, carb, and good fat.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 02-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #9
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Could you do something like Greek yogurt and granola?

My favorite breakfast is toast with goat cheese and tea.

You could also do potato patties ( there has got to be a way to make them stick together with out eggs) topped with goat cheese, on top of a bed of wilted greens and tomatoes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
charla (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #10
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

What about no bake protein balls? So easy to make, and you can do a HUGE variety of add in's to change it up. My gf kiddos LOVE these. This is the basic premise of the recipe: https://www.blessthismessplease.com/...-energy-balls/

We also do:

a variety of muffins
bagels and cream cheese
raisin toast with cream cheese
yogurt and granola

We do rely heavily on eggs so most of the other things I do are egg based.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
charla (02-08-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #11
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

I know you're not AIP - I was more commenting on how I had to seriously modify my idea of what breakfast looked like.

So any of these would be good paired with that turkey breakfast sausage for protein.

Pumpkin Scones

Banana Bread Oat Breakfast Bars (I skip the chocolate drizzle on top AND the chocolate chips inside - I just skip the chocolate altogether)

This is modified from a gluten-containing recipe:
Banana Oat Scones

Ingredients:
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup baking mix
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups rolled oats or 1 cup each oat flour/quick oats
2 tbsp transfat-free shortening or olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup almond milk (can use soy milk or water)
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vinegar
2 tbsp flax meal (ground flaxseeds) optional
3/4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted, then chopped optional

Add the shortening to the flour in a bowl and, with a fork, cut the shortening into the flour until you have a fairly granular texture.

Add the oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

In a separate bowl, mix the bananas, almond milk, vinegar, flax meal and sugar.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together. Add the walnuts and stir in. You will have a fairly thick but still loose batter.

Drop the batter on a greased cookie sheet in rounds-- this batter will make around 12 scones.

Bake in a 375-degree preheated oven about 25-30 minutes until the tops are golden brown.

Eat warm with some vegan spread or a pat of jelly or just on their own.

Gluten-free Vegan Maple Nut Scones
½ cup sorghum flour
½ cup tapioca flour
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup raw unrefined coconut oil
⅓ cup maple syrup
½ cup + 2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

I do this trick to measure the coconut oil (which is still solid at room temperature this time of year): Put the 1/2 cup coconut milk in a glass measuring cup, and add chunks of oil until it gets to the 1 cup point.

Place the flours, baking powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt into a food processor. Fish the oil out of the milk, add it to the food processor, and pulse to mix. Dump this into a large bowl.

Add the syrup, milk, and vanilla to the bowl & mix with a spoon. You can add an egg or egg replacer at this point if you want fluffier scones. I didn't Fold in the walnuts.

Drop the blob of dough onto a cookie sheet, and press it down a bit until it's a flat circle. You can either score it into 8 scones, or cut it when it's done cooking. Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
charla (02-09-2018), Singingmom (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #12
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Bannacake thoes look amazing

How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:59 AM   #13
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute

I am a big fan of smoothies. If you do the chocolate almond milk with a frozen 1/2 of banana or 1 whole banana and peanut butter or sunbutter, it tastes like a Reeses cup. (I don't add sugar) This would add some protein.

I like coconut milk with an orange(peeled) and frozen pineapple. If you have added ice cubes at the end you can add a handful of spinach leaves. As long as it stays cold, you don't taste the spinach.

To increase food values, I put a handful of nut in at first. I also put about 1Tbs of chia sees, some hemp seeds and or poppy seeds. I let that churn while I am getting the frozen fruits together. (You could do ahead those bags of fruits in ziplock bags in the freezer so it is little prep time.)

Do you like Quinoa? You could make that ahead and it can be used stir fried, salad topper.

GF Mission flour like tortilla are expensive, but they are really good. You could use them for quesidillas.............you could put a meat inside or just cheese.

What about tofu? If you like that, you could look in the freezer section at the store and look for frozen bags with many, different types of veggies, some with riced cauliflower or quinoa or even rice. Pre portion them in bags and then just throw a few cubes of Tofu in.

I use canned Salmon to make patties. (I use an egg, but flax egg or chia seed could replace the egg to help hold it together.) I put a few quick GF oats in it, a slice of bread crumbled up, salt, kelp flakes and then fry it in a Tbs or two of olive oil. Then they could be frozen for quick reheats. (If I were not feeding my husband, I would add some onion......he can't have many seasonings or a variety of veggies.)

I don't know if you area has pre-cut chicken in cubes, but that is one of my luxury items for those days that I can't function......... If not, then you could precut your own and make chickennuggets up or just slice in small portions deboned meat and cook as you desire. Portion it up and eat with a GF burrito.

With your energy levels being what they are, it is a little more expensive, but you can buy the precut fruits or veggies so you only have to portion in Pint mason jars in the fridge for easy grab and goes.

My arms don't allow me to do much cutting of the hard veggies anymore, so I ask the produce stand to cut up those veggies for me at Publix. I allow myself the luxury of some of the blended frozen veggies so that I can just stir fry them.

You can purchase rice protein and add some to your smoothies or milk. I do a lot of seeds and nuts to add. If I do GF cereal (I love Arrowhead Mills Buckwheat Maple Flakes.......I wait until they go on sale for $4 a box or under and get quite a few to have on hand) I add raisins and nuts to make it have more food value

I order a lot of our food from Vitacost.com I usually wait until I have a code to place the order and save $10 or more off of $100 order.

This way I can get good foods without spending energy going to the store. It is even delivered to the front door by FedEx. (They added a budget Simply canned veggies for $1 a can. Organic beans in water with added sea salt or no salt. Other items that are GF and budget, but Organic based) If the order is at least $49, there is no shipping charges. I find more items than locally can provide)

Re-evaluate a higher cost for saving energy. My husband told me to start looking at my energy levels as a commodity and cater to that where we can.

I hope that sparks your ideas. Exhaustion is horrible to deal with because just trying to figure all of this out is tiring. <3

Also halve or quarter avocados and freeze to throw into a smoothie instead of a banana. It doesn't really change the taste of the cold smoothie, but it causes it to be smoother like the texture of ice cream.

(If you do a peanut butter and coconut milk smoothie, you can add strawberries or blue berries and it gives you the taste of a peanut butter sandwich.)

Last edited by Maedchen; 02-09-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maedchen For This Useful Post:
charla (02-09-2018), Singingmom (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #14
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
Bannacake thoes look amazing

All the scones are amazing. I love them all I am partial to maple because I don't make them as often. I make the banana and pumpkin at least once a week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
charla (02-09-2018), knitlove (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #15
charla
Administrator

I'm not sure that I like quinoa, but I found a recipe for cinnamon apple quinoa and I'm thinking about trying it.

I try to stay away from soy because of my thyroid.

I haven't jumped on the smoothie bandwagon yet, but maybe I should try it.

Those are all great ideas to conserve energy. I appreciate that so much.

So my plan for next week with the help of my dd is to make:
1. GF EF blueberry orange muffins
2. Classic peanut butter and chocolate chip oatmeal energy balls (made with almond butter instead of peanut butter)
3. Homemade turkey sausage
4. Baked taquitos with sausage, potatoes, spinach and cheese

That should last me for awhile and give me a little bit of variety! I'm anxious to try all of the other recipes listed here. Hopefully up next will be some scones and breakfast cookies or bars. I was also thinking maybe grits at some point.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
knitlove (02-09-2018), Singingmom (02-09-2018)