Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #346
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

Well that's a bummer rachel, I got mine at the same time as I shipped my clay, didn't notice.
Amy-ya, carol gave them to me a couple years back when we first started and then after I had the baby. I was just hoping someone had them handy. Just for reference for anyone wanting to try clay.
I have my kids on tailored amounts that I adjust with time, which is why its so hard for me to remember what the recommended amounts are. Same with de. I just sort of have it memorized according to my palm or by site.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #347
AdrienneQW
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

AdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond repute

I am finally pulling the trigger on this... Earth's Living Clay has a February special with EIGHT POUNDS of clay for under a hundred bucks, and free shipping too!

Also deals on smaller amounts, like 4lbs of clay plus two 8oz bags of bath powder for $53.

www.earthslivingclay.com
Proud mama of Dexter (Feb 2002) and Celeste (April 2005)
Always loving Thomas William (03/04)
AdrienneQW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdrienneQW For This Useful Post:
me (03-10-2010), sweetpeasmommy (02-25-2010)
Old 05-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #348
me
Rose Garden

Gonna add pink eye/stye to the list of things i can personally say clay works on. dh's eye got pretty bad and I told him if he didnt use clay he was gonna have to go to the dr. He "allowed' me,lol to do my thing on his eye. gone in one day....
Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #349
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Here is some info that Carol (earths living clay) just sent me.

Quote:
PREGNANCY AND CALCIUM BENTONITE CLAY

If the child is badly situated, do not hesitate to apply clay poultices on the belly. For the sake of prudence, it is preferable to apply it systematically during the last month of pregnancy. Also place tepid clay poultices on the lumbar region if pain appears.

Cold poultices applied on the stomach just after the childbirth will prevent all subsequent troubles (principally, the risk of infection) and is the best remedy for the imperfect elimination of the afterbirth.
Place hydrated clay on nipples for a few minutes daily to stimulate milk glands.

Excerpts from "Our Earth Our Cure" by Raymond Dextreit

ADDITIONAL CLAY TIPS:
Diaper Rash: Sprinkle a combination of calcium bentonite clay mixed with equal parts arrowroot and cornstarch on the baby's bottom. No chemicals and this combination works wonderful. If any rash is present apply hydrated Calcium Bentonite Clay. Once rash subsides begin use of the clay powder to avoid a rash in the future.

For vaginal infections or after completion of the menstrual cycle with clay water (4 Tbs. clay to 2 quarts water). This is also very effective to eliminate a Yeast Infection.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #350
Maggirayne
Rose Garden

Standing for gentleness and honesty

Maggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond repute

How did you use the clay on his eye?
Grace is not a destination, it's a journey.
I first learned to show grace to my child that was not shown to me, then I learned to accept it for myself, and only recently have I been able to have grace for others more.
~Sweetpeasmommy
A
Maggirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #351
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3K View Post
I saw that magical word cellulite...and I'm really starting to experience it on my thighs. How does b.clay help with that ? Care to expound ?
I've got something for ya! Sarah (tadaereth sp?) makes me a soap that is wonderful. It has clay and extra scrubbies in it. I rub my thighs with it in a circular motion in the shower and my legs are looking pretty smooth

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
How did you use the clay on his eye?
Im sorry, i thought i had replied on my cell phone. I gave him about 1/4 cup of hydrated clay to drink. then i put a thick paste over his eyelids for 30 minutes, it instantly soothes and feels cool. Gave him some more clay to drink before bed. a wet clay soaked cloth as needed to ease the beginning of any returning irritation easy peasy...

Last edited by me; 06-22-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #352
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I was subbed to this thread, but apparently I wasn't.

Subbing now.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #353
EMama
Rose Bouquet

EMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of light

After reading this thread, I ordered some clay from Earth's Living Clay. DH and I started taking it last week. I feel like it is helping with sugar cravings.

Me, Carol says thank you for my order.

E has some long lingering cradle cap that I'm going to start spraying some clay water on. Carol is hopeful; she is so nice and helpful! I'll update ya'll with the success.

and I, 3 years

EMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #354
Eesti
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

Eesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond repute

I am waiting for my first order too.

Hoping it helps w/healing my c/s incision that got infected and prevents me from getting thrush from the antibiotics I had to take.

Gluten free, Dairy free, Soy free pm me if you need help or want to chat.
Eesti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:22 AM   #355
gpsings
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

ORANGE you glad I made a new avatar? :D

gpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond reputegpsings has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for those smoothie recipes about 12 pages back...I just got our first order and I can't get my kids to drink it plain so.....I'm looking forward to trying smoothies.

Gretchen
ENTP
Wife of Kevin
Blessed AP, Homeschooling mama to:
Aneliese age 13, Breena age 10, and Caden age 7

gpsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #356
me
Rose Garden

Our new favorite smoothie is my mock milkshake.
- Rice/almond/or cultured coconut milk (whatever i have from the most recent sale)
- ice
-cocoa powder
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- clay
- de(optional, if you have a bed wetter, do it! yes there is a way to cure that too)
- and a banana or a sprinkle of sugar cane just to sweeten enough. in a pinch i sweetened it with a pack of abuelitas cocoa mix and that was the bomb but i wouldnt drink that mix everyday
Throw it all in the blender (or add the clay to the glass and stir).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMama View Post
After reading this thread, I ordered some clay from Earth's Living Clay. DH and I started taking it last week. I feel like it is helping with sugar cravings.

Me, Carol says thank you for my order.

E has some long lingering cradle cap that I'm going to start spraying some clay water on. Carol is hopeful; she is so nice and helpful! I'll update ya'll with the success.
yay! maybe you had some yeast that was giving you the shugies,lol
Carol is super nice. I like how welcoming she is, she's the only person Ive ever bought something from that i dont mind calling to ask things. Im as bad about that as my husband is about directions. shhhhh, i didnt just say that
You could also mix some clay into olive oil and let it sit on the scalp. I say mix with olive oil cause it will slide off really easy but if depending on how your washing the hair already you could just put a little hydrated clay on the spot as you fill the tub, finish the bathing, then rinse it off at the end. That alone should get it all off. if it keeps returning, which im guessing it will since she recommended spraying clay water on it, i would think its maybe the soap you are using or digestion. I know it sounds crazy but for us, craddle cap is always resolved with those two things. Seems like the only shampoo (and i have tried them ALLLLLL, lol) that doesnt cause build up over time on my kids scalps is California Baby. Its crazy pricey, but i havent found anything to work better. Not even baking soda, not even vinegar. And clay as a shampoo everyday leaves the hair sort of stripped so then im forced to use a conditioner anyway. Which brings me back to only being able to use the california baby. But we dont use shampoo but maybe once or twice a month if needed(or we clean our hair with clay), all the other times we just wash with conditioner. So its pricey but we dont go through it very fast.
OH! buy a salon quality boar bristle brush with plastic bristles mixed in. That is also really good for the scalp and will also help keep the craddle cap stuff away. Im a grown up and I still get that craddle cap stuff on and off. Dont buy the cheapy boar brushes from walmart or the drug stores. Last year I lost my good boar brush from Acca Cappa. So i bought one from walmart, it started falling apart, then i bought one from CVS, same thing, i just got one from Target that is better quality, i like it much better than the lesser priced ones but the paint is already wearing. I wish I could find the Acca ones here. It would have cost me the same for what ive spent in cheapy boar brushes.

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesti View Post
I am waiting for my first order too.

Hoping it helps w/healing my c/s incision that got infected and prevents me from getting thrush from the antibiotics I had to take.
No need to hope, it will....hee-hee..its not just me that has gotten rid yeast with it here. And where the antibiotics leave off the clay will pick up. I hope it arrives in time.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #357
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

Just read the WHOLE THREAD.
I told DH about it, and he said "Do you know what bentonite clay is? Kitty Litter!" and he said I should hydrate the kitty litter and use it as a facial Sounds gross, but would it work? It might not be as pure as the external stuff that elc sells? Any opinions?
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #358
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiina View Post
Just read the WHOLE THREAD.
I told DH about it, and he said "Do you know what bentonite clay is? Kitty Litter!" and he said I should hydrate the kitty litter and use it as a facial Sounds gross, but would it work? It might not be as pure as the external stuff that elc sells? Any opinions?
ROTFL! Sounds like ALL the cracks my hubby makes. But im sorry, its not the same. I dont recommend that kind of clay even for kittys in their cat boxes let alone for your precious face <3. When we had a cat, i was just starting to learn about clay and all the different kinds of silicas out there, we stopped buying mainstream kitty litter. (WOW!!I just got triple dejavu saying that, weird)
If what your hubby said was the case then you would be brushing your teeth with kitty litter and drinking kitty litter for heatburn (milk of catboxesia), lol..
Unfortunately, you would not end up with a smooth tightened skin like you would with elc, you would end up with a very red irritated face and possibly some lung irritation. :/
Old 02-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #359
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! Ok, thanks me!! I KNEW it was too crazy to try. I would not have dared to use it on my face or drink it, but I *might* have used it on my feet or something. Probably not. Just seemed WRONG.
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #360
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

I want to get some clay for thrush (I'm so tired of having an "owey boobie") but $20 is a lot to put out right now. Would anyone like to send/sell me a smaller amount? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! (please PM me)
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote