Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:43 PM   #1
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default Fave recipes using boneless skinless chicken breast

So I always have boneless skinless chicken breast on hand. I tend to default to the same few recipes with it so I'm looking for some variety. What are your family faves with chicken breast?
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
FlyingBlueKiwi (10-29-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 06:46 PM   #2
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fave recipes using boneless skinless chicken breast

Nugget size pieces, marinade in diced shallots, lemon juice, honey, S&P. Cook on the stovetop with plenty of oil, and be sure the scrape up any crunchy shallot bits to top the chicken. I like parsley on top, but my kids don't. This is really good on an arugula salad if you have leftovers.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MegMarch For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (10-30-2019), FlyingBlueKiwi (10-29-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
MudPies
I support GCM!

My kiddos

MudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond repute

This recipe:

https://pin.it/apru5fq5afztqn

We never have leftovers
Wink 3/10 Pink 12/10
and Tink 5/16
Remembering
MudPies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudPies For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken soup with rice.

I generally sate onions and garlic in my instant pot, then toss in rice, brith and a frozen chicken breast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
BestLaidPlans
Rose Trellis

What was I… eh, scrap it. I'm taking a nap.

BestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken with pesto! We do dairy-free over here. Pesto is delicious!

5 girls 2 boys
4 of my 7 are teens - now 5 are teens!
5 of my 7 have special needs

“Motherhood is heaven and hell, hard and holy.”
-quote from Rachel Nielson
BestLaidPlans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestLaidPlans For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2019, 07:37 PM   #6
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

Balsamic rosemary chicken is one favorite here, cut into bite size pieces and brown in olive oil. Mix together balsamic vinegar and olive oil with garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and add it to the chicken. Cook until done. Or a similar version of that in the sous vide is very good!
Last night for dinner I marinated chicken breasts in italian dressing and seared them on medium high then stuck them in the oven in a super easy lemon butter sauce. That was no trouble and very quick and easy and super good.
I also like them in marinara, when they get all fall apart good and I eat it with spaghetti squash.

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2019, 07:39 PM   #7
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

The blog/cookbook Against All Grain/Danielle Walker has good ones
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2019, 07:50 AM   #8
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute

I try to keep a bag of coleslaw cabbage on hand. I cube the breast and stir fry it and throw the cabbage on top of the chicken after browning and we top it with some maple syrup and a little salt (my husband is allergic to most things, so we keep the ingredients very simple) You could throw broccoli and green onions in also and matchstick carrots. Serve over rice.

This is our quick convenience go to meal.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maedchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2019, 06:03 PM   #9
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Thai Coconut Chicken Curry I always keep cans of coconut milk on hand!

The recipe looks like a lot of ingredients, but they're mostly spices you probably have anyway. I made this tonight and DD (2 years old) ate THREE servings of chicken, and we have no leftovers
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (10-30-2019), ECingMama (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 08:10 PM   #10
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

This is my daughter's favorite chicken recipe: Crock pot Sesame Chicken.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (10-30-2019)
Old 10-31-2019, 07:19 PM   #11
hollybells
Deactivated

hollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond repute

Chili lime chicken in the crockpot:

3 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of chili powder

Put ingredients in crockpot in order listed. Cook on high 3 - 4 hours or on low for 5 - 7. Shred and add to taco shells or tortillas with toppings.

Ridiculously easy and the kids fight over the leftovers.
hollybells is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hollybells For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 11:55 AM   #12
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
Thai Coconut Chicken Curry I always keep cans of coconut milk on hand!

The recipe looks like a lot of ingredients, but they're mostly spices you probably have anyway. I made this tonight and DD (2 years old) ate THREE servings of chicken, and we have no leftovers
We make something sort of like this but different. This is an easy freezer meal which is why I have the instructions set up this way:

Thai Basil Chicken And Coconut Curry Instructions

Instructions & Additions to Write on Bag
Add to crockpot:
1-2 (13.5 oz.) cans coconut milk
8 ounces broth or water (if using 1 can coconut milk)
A bag of frozen green beans (added last hour if possible)
6-8 hours on low

Ingredients for the Freezer Bag

Meat
2 pounds skinless chicken breasts

Chopped Stuff
Garlic, 1 tablespoon minced
Ginger, 1 teaspoon fresh
Jalapeños, 1 deseeded
Red onion, ¾ cup

Spices
1 1/2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
2 teaspoons salt (I use 1)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons dried basil

Optional
Create a slurry by whisking cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl or glass. Once smooth, pour slurry, along with fresh ginger, into the slow cooker.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

So I kind of have a lot of these

Southwestern Pulled Chicken

Add to crockpot:
6-8 hours on low
Serve on buns with avocado and cilantro lime slaw (I do it without buns, rice for those who want it)

Meat
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts

Chopped Stuff
Onion, 1 cup chopped
Garlic, 2 teaspoons minced

Spices
3 tablespoons coconut sugar (we skip)
2 ½ tablespoons SW chicken spices

Sauces
1 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon liquid hickory smoke

Spicy Orange Chicken Instructions

This can be cooked in the crockpot, but would do better as a stirfry. It’s great cooked in sesame oil, preferably toasted, or coconut oil. Serve with rice.

Meat
2 lb chicken breast strips

Chopped Stuff
Ginger, 1 tablespoon
Red peppers, about 1 lb

Spices
Red pepper flakes, 3/4 teaspoon

Sauces
Orange juice, 1/3 cup
Coconut oil, 2 tablespoons

Thai Ginger Chicken

This is best stirfried with veggies (steamed broccoli or stirfried carrots, shredded cabbage, snow peas). Serve with rice or rice noodles.

Meat
2 lbs chicken breasts, whole or strips

Chopped Stuff
1 inch chopped ginger

Spices
½ teaspoon powdered ginger

Sauces
1 tablespoon each toasted and regular sesame oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons fish sauce
½ teaspoon powdered ginger

Moroccan Chicken

Best grilled, cooked in skillet or baked on bed of onions
Serve with rice, lemon wedges and black Kalamata olives

Meat
2 to 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)

Chopped Stuff
2 garlic cloves, minced

Spices
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Sauces
2 tablespoons olive oil

Lemon Rosemary Chicken

This is best baked or sautéed.
Serve with rice, potatoes or on a salad.

Meat
2 lbs chicken breasts, whole or strips

Chopped Stuff
Garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoon

Spices
Rosemary, 2 teaspoons
Salt, ½ teaspoon
Black pepper, ¼ teaspoon

Sauces
Lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (11-01-2019), BestLaidPlans (11-01-2019), ECingMama (11-02-2019), hollybells (11-02-2019), tempus vernum (11-02-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 02:21 PM   #13
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Just marking to follow
Old 11-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #14
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Thanks for all the recipes! Keep them coming!

I made a new one the other day that the kids loved so it will be on our rotation. Bunus that it's SUPER easy. Recipe here: https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/in...reamy-chicken/

I used just a variety of italien dried herbs I had on hand rather than the "packet". And I make my own "cream of...." soups.

Served over rice.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:45 AM   #15
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Love this thread cuz my favorite meals are tossing a bag of chicken breasts into crockpot. Great ideas above!!! Will come back w recipes

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (11-04-2019)