Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
MrsHutch
Rose Garden

An Enneagram 7 type 1/2 ENTP

MrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default What to give/do for yeast flare-up?

I feel like I should know this, but am at a loss.

J had just gotten to a point where he was doing really, really well. Cognitively, he was understanding us really well and interacting with us well. Behaviorally, he was... normal. Not drunk or yeasty at all. And, most telling, he was having AMAZING TURDS. Beautiful, solid, perfect turds, with no traces of anything undigested at all. This was a FIRST EVER for him. We were ecstatic. You truly don't know how amazing a normal turd is until you've spent 5 years cleaning up the awfulest, watery, grainy, chunky (are you yet?) mess that you never thought would go away.

That lasted for about a solid week.

And then he ate part of a Crayola crayon.

That stupid, awful, cursed crayon.

He's gone back to being horribly drunk and yeasty, and his poop has gone back to being really terrible. It's been 2.5 weeks since he ate that crayon, and it's not getting any better.

He's on stage 1/2 of GAPS (so meat, broth, veggies, eggs, and avocados, but no nut butters and no orange veggies). He gets a bit of whey every day, and I've given him about a Tbs of kefir grains several times. I've never been very good at veggie ferments, so he's not currently getting any ferment juices. He gets 1 tsp FCLO and the biggest scoop of GutPro every night, along with a few other supplements.

We've given him activated charcoal several times, but it doesn't seem to help. I add a couple of cloves of raw garlic, raw egg yolks, and a few drops of oil of oregano to his lunch every day. I have green black walnut & wormwood extract, but I haven't given it to him because of the alcohol in it.

What am I missing? What else can we do?
Missing three I will meet in Heaven (Feb 2012), (Apr 2016) & (Jun 2020)

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." -Legally Blonde
MrsHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to give/do for yeast flare-up?

No advice but and for you...

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
MrsHutch (03-28-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I would do clay. Zeolite or calcium bentonite.

For a non-ASD kid I would also give silver but I don't know how ASD kids do with silver.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Btw, you can put the oregano oil on the soles of his feet at bedtime, too.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
MrsHutch (03-28-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 11:57 PM   #4
Garland
Rose Trellis

Garland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond repute

Oregano Oil and a probiotic
MrsHutch (03-28-2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #5
rosesnsnails
Rose Garden

rosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond repute

You are already doing everything that I can think of. I hope it clears up soon. Yeast overgrowth is horrible.

Had a thought, what about digestive enzymes?
Mom to J since 2000
Angel Baby Joshua Aaron 2003
Momma to J since 2009 (born 11 weeks early)

Using my favorite smilely as often as I can,

Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done-C.S. Lewis-from a letter To Mrs. L.
rosesnsnails is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rosesnsnails For This Useful Post:
MrsHutch (03-28-2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 05:15 AM   #6
MrsHutch
Rose Garden

MrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I should have said that we're also doing (almost) daily detox baths with epsom salt and either baking soda or ACV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
I would do clay. Zeolite or calcium bentonite.

For a non-ASD kid I would also give silver but I don't know how ASD kids do with silver.

Btw, you can put the oregano oil on the soles of his feet at bedtime, too.
Thanks. He gets zeolite daily anyway, but I could try some bentonite. I have some silver that I bought and have never used, because I'm kind of intimidated by it. I'll do some more reading.

Wait... zeolite clay?? Ours is a water spray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garland View Post
Oregano Oil and a probiotic
We're already doing both of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosesnsnails View Post
You are already doing everything that I can think of. I hope it clears up soon. Yeast overgrowth is horrible.

Had a thought, what about digestive enzymes?
Thanks. I've never found a digestive enzyme that I could get him to take. He won't chew the chewables, and anything that isn't chewable just really isn't an option because we'd have to pin him down and force feed it to him in a syringe. We do that once per day for all of his other medicines, but we do it right before bed, and digestive enzymes have to be taken right before meals, right? Would it do anything to add some enzymes to his bedtime medicine cocktail?

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." -Legally Blonde
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHutch For This Useful Post:
rosesnsnails (03-31-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
MrsHutch
Rose Garden

He just keeps getting worse. His poop is just completely watery, his sleep is awful, and he can't keep himself from chewing on anything he can find. He has hickies all over one arm from aggressively chewing/sucking on it.

The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for MrsHutch:
rosesnsnails (03-31-2014), Singingmom (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Charcoal might stop the runny poo and ease some of the behaviors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
MrsHutch (03-31-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #9
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHutch View Post

Wait... zeolite clay?? Ours is a water spray.
Ours is a spray, too. It's not exactly a clay, I don't recall in which category it best fits, I usually call it a type of clay but that's not accurate.

I'm sorry he's getting worse. I hope he detoxes from it, soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
MrsHutch (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #10
mellymommy
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

mellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to add except to say I am praying for him and for wisdom and peace for you.

Married since 1999, rebuilding since June 2013

Hybrid Mommy to
ds1 (12/02, SPD)
dd (9/04)
ds2 (10/07, C22 disorder)
ds3 (5/08)
ds4 (1/09)
dd2 (9/11)

http://www.themelodyward.com
htty://www.joplinmamaresurrected.blogspot.com
mellymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:19 PM   #11
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that has helped me is making myself cucumber water by taking my filtered drinking water and putting slices of cucumber in and letting it set for awhile and then drinking the water all day.cucumbers are full of Molybdenum which can really help with reactions and with my less than stellar diet sometimes can really help by sipping all day.Also helps keep ph at a healthful level and is subtle and delicious

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Would also 2nd the clay idea if he will do that.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Have you ever given him something like this to help with the oral symptoms?http://www.walmart.com/ip/20803521?w...#ProductDetail There are also bracelets too http://www.nationalautismresources.c...FeJF7AodGFMA3g

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #12
Katigre
Rose Garden

Why thank you, it is naturally blue...

Katigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever looked into a fecal gut transplant for him? Bc it sounds like even with all you're doing his body isn't resilient enough to keep it going with even a tiny hiccup. Which makes me wonder if a fecal transplant might help him. I know they're pioneering this at a few major research hospitals and children's hospitals for certain health problems.

I would not chalk everything up to yeast and things like that - I think it's more.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Katigre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Katigre For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #13
rosesnsnails
Rose Garden

rosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHutch View Post
Thanks. I've never found a digestive enzyme that I could get him to take. He won't chew the chewables, and anything that isn't chewable just really isn't an option because we'd have to pin him down and force feed it to him in a syringe. We do that once per day for all of his other medicines, but we do it right before bed, and digestive enzymes have to be taken right before meals, right? Would it do anything to add some enzymes to his bedtime medicine cocktail?
I think you are right. They have to be taken on an empty stomach before eating. When I was searching to see if they could be taken in water, I came across this. http://lifespa.com/digestive-enzymes...idden-dangers/ I honestly don't know if it is credible, and I know your little is not on enzymes right now, but it made me wonder if his villi were irritated and inflamed by the yeast.
Mom to J since 2000
Angel Baby Joshua Aaron 2003
Momma to J since 2009 (born 11 weeks early)

Using my favorite smilely as often as I can,

Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done-C.S. Lewis-from a letter To Mrs. L.
rosesnsnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #14
MrsHutch
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
Have you ever looked into a fecal gut transplant for him? Bc it sounds like even with all you're doing his body isn't resilient enough to keep it going with even a tiny hiccup. Which makes me wonder if a fecal transplant might help him. I know they're pioneering this at a few major research hospitals and children's hospitals for certain health problems.

I would not chalk everything up to yeast and things like that - I think it's more.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
We've talked about it, and even know who we'd ask (my health nut grandmother), but we haven't seriously looked into it yet. It's definitely not off the table. We go back to the DAN Dr. in a couple of weeks, and I'm going to talk to her about it.

And I know there's way more than yeast going on. He has high c.diff and lots of other problems. But the yeasty behaviors are so obvious and problematic that they often take center stage. I'm pretty sure we are unable to lose the yeast battle because of heavy metals. The DAN Dr. has talked for a while about doing chelation, but wanted him to be ready by working on some other things first. I'm going to really push to start chelating at our next visit, too.

The Following User Says they are praying for MrsHutch:
Old 03-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #15
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Metals. That's why I hesitate to recommend silver for an ASD kid. Zeolite should be removing some metals. What brand are you using, how long has he been on it, and how many sprays per day? Just curious.

Also, if his gut is comprised, the zeolite spray can be taken via nebulizer (if he'll do it). It gets into the bloodstream very quickly, that way

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk