Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Beverages *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

Psyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling all coffee snobs, the keurig?

Is it really that awesome? Even for a coffee snob used to the smoothness of a french press?

working full time, wife to Jason since '02, mom to C 12 years old, J 9 years old , and T 6 years old , mouse catching, Izzy, and rabbit chasing, Ellie.
Psyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
inesperada
Rose Garden

Play nice, y'all.

inesperada has disabled reputation
Default Re: Calling all coffee snobs, the keurig?

I would call it smoother than a french press. I don't think the flavor fully lives up to the french press or regular percolation, though.

Wife of mi medianaranja, the tender-hearted servant, whose still waters run deep
Abbott, intensely 10
Hooch, SIX!
Our God is the God of the unexpected. ~Bill Crowder
inesperada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
WI Mama05
Rose Garden

God, you've got this!

WI Mama05 has disabled reputation

My MIL got one for Christmas from us, so I've had the nice perk of getting that when I'm here I have a REALLY hard time drinking regular brew now. It's just NOT the same. Never had french press myself, but the quality is definately on par for coffee house coffee .

Guess what UPS delivered to us a few weeks ago......a Keurig! MIL sent us one I'm LOVING it and m saying buh-bye to my drip-maker.

They have EXCELLENT customer service too. MIL had a problem with hers and they sent her a brand new maching without asking for the old one back! No money. No shipping involved. AWESOME.

I get the K-cups on super deal during Kohls sales with 30% off coupons, Kohls cash, etc. It is the cheapest way to get them that I've found.
WI Mama05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know anything about coffee makers. I just put a heaping tablespoon of coffee plus a tsp in a small pot with one cup of boiling water, let it sit while I make my oatmeal and then strain it.

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermana Linda For This Useful Post:
Mokek Kwe (04-04-2010)
Old 04-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
mamahammer
Deactivated

There must be beaches in heaven

mamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond reputemamahammer has a reputation beyond repute

DH is a coffee snob and has been oogling the Keurig for years - my grandfather has had one since they first came out. I bought him one for Christmas and he is more in love with it today than ever.
mamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
Mokek Kwe
Deactivated

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

Mokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond reputeMokek Kwe has a reputation beyond repute

I used one at my old office and I didn't want to waste too much company money on coffee (lol) so I would use the K-cups twice- the second cup as good (to me) as the first. But I only drink coffee with lots of cream and sugar. It basically looks like milk with coffee in it, lol.
Mokek Kwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

Weezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes.

The only coffee I drink.

Yum.

The donut people's coffee is WONDERFUL. Bed Bath and Beyond is the only brick and mortar store to carry that one.

Beansie (8 yrs)
Trooper (toddling around)

The Boo and The Boy too
Daytime "second mother" to Cindy Lou Hoo and Petunia too
Currently DF and WF for trooper
Weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
CrunchySeaSalt
Rose Trellis

Fighting APD and hoping to win soon!

CrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchySeaSalt has a reputation beyond repute

I love ours esp when you only need a cup. I second the customer service fom the site as well as getting deals from places for the Kcups
CrunchySeaSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
AmyDoll
Deactivated

AmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDoll has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE mine!!! We use it every day - it's so easy!
I buy my K-cups thru Frontier, online at Amazon & at Costco.

We bot our Keurig at Costco. I'm looking forwared to the iced option this summer!

I'm not a terrible coffee snob - I like decent coffee (Columbian, Arabica & prefer to grind it myself) & the Keurig is good stuff!
AmyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #10
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

I am a BIG coffee snob and do not like the Keurig.

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

Psyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post
I am a BIG coffee snob and do not like the Keurig.

I am probably going to have to put the word out that I want to try it and mooch off a friend then. If I'm desperate, I'll drink Folgers, but only if I chug it.

working full time, wife to Jason since '02, mom to C 12 years old, J 9 years old , and T 6 years old , mouse catching, Izzy, and rabbit chasing, Ellie.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

We use Keurig at church and at an office where I temped. I also worked in a gourmet coffee shop that even offered cold-brewed iced coffee. So when I say, "snob", I mean it! I would definitely mooch off someone before I made a major investment. The Keurig is expensive, with the cups ringing in at 50 cents each, on sale.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #13
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post
I also worked in a gourmet coffee shop that even offered cold-brewed iced coffee.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

my parents have one and love it.. they bought one for work too.

I am not sure. I would love the ease of it.. I also would have to get the filter thingy and use my own coffee occasionally... thus far....I haven't gotten great flavor from it..which is what is preventing me from buying it.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:48 AM   #15
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

The little cups are not recyclable. Just thought I'd add that fact to the mix