Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] > Homeschooling & Unschooling Info and FAQ's *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Homeschooling & Unschooling Info and FAQ's *Public* A public forum.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default cute kids Christmas Ornament project ideas

I actually need one for Margaret's preschool but I thought it would also be a fun home school activity for Cecilia as well. She just needs to bring in a Christmas Ornament that we did together. Their is no rule as to materials used ect.. Whats a fun projects that we can likely do with out having to go all over town for and can appeal to both a 4 year old and a 12 year old?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cute kids Christmas Ornament project ideas

I've had fun doing some sewing with felt with my kids. Take a circle of white or Christmasy fabric, and take some felt and cut out a shape of a Christmas symbol. Then have the child sew it on the circle. Get another circle of the same size and make a little pillow and stuff it. When I do this with Christmas tree shapes, I have the kids sew little buttons on for ornaments.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (12-07-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

Salt dough is inexpensive and easy. You can hand mold or shape with cookie cutters. Add beads or small stones or an imprint of a nature item or a (clean) stamp before baking if you wish. Paint after baking. Coat with Mod Podge when finished. Ours turned out really pretty this year. I was going to post a photo but apparently I need to update my Tappa Talk.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Here we go. One other method is when they first come out of the oven you can use crayons on then while they are still hot. The star in the bottom left corner was made like that. My DD2 did some with tiny blue stones she found at the gem mine but she didn't want me to take them down to photograph

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelaVA For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (12-11-2014), milkmommy (12-08-2014), mommylove (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Coat with Mod Podge when finished.
what is this?
Old 12-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #5
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

Sold at craft stores

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

The Following User Says Thank You to AngelaVA For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 07:33 AM   #6
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

think Walmart might carry some? We have craft stores but I'm carless Walmart is with in walking if I need some basic supplies. IF not can this step be skipped? or an alternative used?
Old 12-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #7
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

I think it's pretty likely walmart will have it. You don't have to use it though, it just makes them look more shiny and finished.

milkmommy (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
ReadingMommy
Rose Trellis

ReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeReadingMommy has a reputation beyond repute

These little owls are cute! We will probably make these at some point http://pagingfunmums.com/2013/11/11/...hristmas-owls/
Creative, Thinking Boy (04/2008)
Spunky Little Lady (08/2010)
Snuggle-bug Sweetie (09/2014)

ReadingMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #9
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

we decided on the salted dough. Mixed the dough and even added some peppermint extract in.. (we'll see if it does any good after they bake and are colored) they are baking right now... Also bought a few new crayon packs so thye can decorate with that without sacrificing the cryayons they have (especially for Cecilia) found the mod podge one said mate the other glossy they had some small jars though so I got one of each.

Have Mass today because this is a Holy day of Obligation but other than that it is a non school day here.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #10
mommychem
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Butterfly on my face :)

mommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond repute

I think we'll try both the felt and salt dough.
Posted via Mobile Device
mommychem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mommychem For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (12-13-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #11
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

we did the salted dough. Decorated with crayon while still hot (on most) to give a bolder color and glitter.. Which is huge cause I normally forbid the stuff .. Ours aren't as fancy as the above but the girls had fun and it was nice to do something that appealed to both ages..

Cecilia's (the little man in the corner was a joint sister effort)

Margaret's she has an extra man because that is what she chose for her school one.

I made an extra "letter" one for each with the remaining dough so a C and a M sadly Margaret's M broke...
I'm trying to glue it together but not sure if it will work...

All in all though they had fun and it all turned out really well.
I still might do some felt sewing ones maybe have the just glue the shapes onto the background but then sew the edges closed. I think doing both might be too much for Margaret.. Maybe we could even use some yummy smelling potpourri to stuff them...
graciousmomma (12-11-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

They look adorable!!

milkmommy (12-08-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #13
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingMommy View Post
These little owls are cute! We will probably make these at some point http://pagingfunmums.com/2013/11/11/...hristmas-owls/
ohh those are cute