Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #361
Eesti
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

Eesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

if you have a whole foods near you...mine has the external use calcium bentonite for 6.99

eta but then you would have to rinse it off to nurse

Gluten free, Dairy free, Soy free pm me if you need help or want to chat.
Eesti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eesti For This Useful Post:
mamajane (02-17-2011), me (02-18-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #362
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Some also have the prehydrated internal clay too. I wonder if that would work?
Could you maybe have a store order it for you?
Then it wouldnt be so much cause you wouldnt have shipping. Its the shipping that usually gets you because of the weight.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
mamajane (02-18-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #363
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

So I am perusing this thread because I got my Earth's Living Clay and tried it for the first time today according to the internal use directions 1:10 ratio with filtered water and then take 1 oz was what it said. It sounds like from the thread that maybe I took too much? I'm curious because I feel a little odd, not sick but sort of in a fog.

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #364
KLin
Rose Garden

KLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the kitty litter remark. Dr. Oz had a does it work portion and kitty litter mask was a ? AND yes is does work, cheap.
KLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #365
me
Rose Garden

just wanted to come back and say that i am still using and loving calcium bentonite clay. except now i buy mine direct from Living Clay instead of earthslivingclay. why? because they can guarantee the procedure it goes through with packaging. another momma from gcm was going to make a large purchase with me, so we went over all kiiiiiiinds of clays one more time, going over mineral analysis' and what not. im still convinced that this is the best kind of clay. and after trying several others, its still the best i have personally used. (i havent been able to get my hands on a mineral analysis of frontier though). Last i heard, Carol still does marketing for earthslivingclay but sold it to another person who now packages and distrubutes it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-13-2013), Kaela Parakaleo (11-20-2014), mommychem (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #366
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

any thoughts on using clay for impetigo? what if you don't have an official diagnosis?
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #367
me
Rose Garden

i dont know but since it is bacterial here's some info that might help you on your decision. i can personally attest to clays effectiveness on bacteria, just not that particular one you
asked.

naturalnews.com/022475.html

i dont always agree with natural news but i do with the author of this particular article. plus, i like to see actual studies sited.

Last edited by me; 04-26-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: break up link
Old 04-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #368
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

THANK YOU for bumping this thread. I've been meaning to search it up in my subscriptions but keep getting distracted.

now off to research if they ship to canada...

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

oh my gosh. $40 shipping for a book and 16oz of clay, uuuuuhhh yeah I don't think so. what a rip-off!!!
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #369
Hopetobe
Rose Garden

Hopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
just wanted to come back and say that i am still using and loving calcium bentonite clay. except now i buy mine direct from Living Clay instead of earthslivingclay. why? because they can guarantee the procedure it goes through with packaging. another momma from gcm was going to make a large purchase with me, so we went over all kiiiiiiinds of clays one more time, going over mineral analysis' and what not. im still convinced that this is the best kind of clay. and after trying several others, its still the best i have personally used. (i havent been able to get my hands on a mineral analysis of frontier though). Last i heard, Carol still does marketing for earthslivingclay but sold it to another person who now packages and distrubutes it.
I'm still trying to research clay, but I just bought some sodium bentonite from Mountain Rose Herbs for baths and such. I'm wondering....why do you think Living Clay's calcium bentonite is better than pascalite or calcium bentonite from a store tied to Eyton's Earth? I'm not very trusting of aboutclay.com because they only recommend one particular calcium bentonite (probably sold by a store the author is affiliated with). They seem way too partial. Eyton's Earth seems less subjective, as they say a lot of different clays are good (for different things, etc.) Just seems like Living Clay is charging more for clay because of maybe sneaky marketing.

Andrea INTP, DYT 4/1
Wife to B ~9yrs
Mom to
E 3yo & L 1yo
10/13/09

Last edited by Hopetobe; 04-26-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Made last line more clear
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #370
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
i dont know but since it is bacterial here's some info that might help you on your decision. i can personally attest to clays effectiveness on bacteria, just not that particular one you
asked.

naturalnews.com/022475.html

i dont always agree with natural news but i do with the author of this particular article. plus, i like to see actual studies sited.
the author seems to be using the terms "bacteria" and "virus" interchangeably - calling MRSA, staph and e-coli "viruses." that destroys credibility pretty quickly...
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #371
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopetobe View Post
I'm still trying to research clay, but I just bought some sodium bentonite from Mountain Rose Herbs for baths and such. I'm wondering....why do you think Living Clay's calcium bentonite is better than pascalite or calcium bentonite from a store tied to Eyton's Earth? I'm not very trusting of aboutclay.com because they only recommend one particular calcium bentonite (probably sold by a store the author is affiliated with). They seem way too partial. Eyton's Earth seems less subjective, as they say a lot of different clays are good (for different things, etc.) Just seems like Living Clay is charging more for clay because of maybe sneaky marketing.
everyone who is selling something or has a website is going to have an agenda. i just try to sift through it all and base my opinions on facts.

back when i first discovered clay there were really only two websites out. eytonsearth and aboutclay.
i like eytons earth because it has a list for anyone to decide for themselves. thats the site i used to narrow down the clay i wanted to try.
i like aboutclay because it had directions on its use, back when it was hard to find on the internet. thats how i learned to first start using clay safely.

why do i prefer living clay over the other bentonites on eytons earth?
because when i went down my checklist it had more of what i wanted in clay and felt comfortable giving to my children. because that's who i originally bought it for. my children and myself (who was pregnant at the time). then when i had experience with it, and tried others, i not only liked it on paper but i liked it better from personal experience.
A few things that were on my checklist:
1.a third party mineral analysis (yes, its important, it tells you what is in your clay, some clays had more things in it i didnt want)
2.a microbial report (you want clean clay)
3.the process of mining and storing the clay (i dont want mine "cleaned", it should be clean from a subsurface mine and handled with equipment that is clean, i dont want it left outside to sun dry, i dont want it stored in a metal container, and i dont want it irradiated.) i want clean clay because i eat it.

if you took just those above and went down eytons list you will be surprised.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmamy View Post
the author seems to be using the terms "bacteria" and "virus" interchangeably - calling MRSA, staph and e-coli "viruses." that destroys credibility pretty quickly...
i didnt even pay attention. i was looking for a more up to date article that sited a study regarding bacteria. i'll have to dig a bit to find the research i use to have bookmarked. bummer about the author, she's the living clay lady. she has a B.S in animal science with a background in chemistry, biology, and veterenary science.

Eta: there's a ton of studies on PubMed. i was going to just pop in and pull one out for you, but looks like there are about 80.

If you read down there is a listing of articles. Her opinion is that bentonite clay is effective against bacteria. her being, Shelley Haydel, A.S.U. microbiologist
biodesign.asu.edu/cv/shaydel.pdf

Here's another interesting one:
"..Continued testing of clays worldwide has revealed only a few deposits that are antibacterial. Each deposit is mineralogically different, but they are all from hydrothermally altered volcaniclastic environments; either altered pyroclastic material or bentonite (volcanic ash).
This paper reports the geochemical characteristics of the most effective antibacterial clay we have identified; supplied by Oregon Mineral Technologies (OMT) Grants Pass, Oregon. The clay source is an open pit mine in hydrothermally altered, pyroclastic material in the Cascade Mountains. It was shown to completely eliminate Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella typhimurium, and antibiotic resistant extended-spectrum beta lactamase (ESBL) E. coli and methicillin resistant S. aureus (MRSA) within 24..." ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3126108/?tool=pmcentrez

now keep in mind, i remember reading, that the same clay that works, will not work if left out in the sun, the case i remember, i think it had been left out for 10 years? it was the same clay but left out that long, it no longer worked.

eta again: i was interested in finding a website for OMT but looks like it there is none. or i just cant find it.

Last edited by me; 04-27-2012 at 01:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Kaela Parakaleo (11-20-2014), Stiina (04-27-2012)
Old 04-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #372
CapeTownMommy
Deactivated

CapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond repute

I got some bentonite this week and took it tonight. It's from a South African supplier, and their instruction for internal is 1 tsp in a glass of water. Now I wonder if it's too much... Well, will see if I have a bad reaction.
CapeTownMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #373
FlyingBlueKiwi
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

FlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond repute

How's it going, Linda?

Go Team Lioness!!!
FlyingBlueKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #374
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Tried it today

Going to read this whole thread tomorrow

Thanks for all the info!
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #375
CapeTownMommy
Deactivated

CapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraL356 View Post
How's it going, Linda?
Going well - I only took it internally the one time, I prefer using it in the bath. No adverse effects though, but I also realised I don't have many of the symptoms that seem to indicate clay is necessary so I can probably stick to the baths and get most of the benefits.

Thanks for asking!
CapeTownMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CapeTownMommy For This Useful Post:
FlyingBlueKiwi (05-13-2013), Kaela Parakaleo (11-20-2014)