Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Pressure Cooker Recipes *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 03-02-2017, 11:44 AM   #46
Dovenoir
Rose Garden

Dove - noir

Dovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Instant Pot for Newbies

Even though it takes longer than posted, it allows me to step away and not have to babysit a pot or oven while doing homework and sensory time with the boys.

And batch cooking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

MOS about ground beef. are you just steaming the burger meat or browning then cooking under pressure? How does it turn out?

bananacake (03-02-2017), Llee (03-07-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #47
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying meatballs in the Instant Pot today.

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #48
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

How are you doing it? Raw meatballs in with a tomato sauce and then pressure cook?

I haven't done it yet tho we have spaghetti and meatballs regularly (actually are tonight) just cause I've found meatballs in the oven to be easy enough... But.... Pressure cooker is probably easier.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:07 PM   #49
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
How are you doing it? Raw meatballs in with a tomato sauce and then pressure cook?

I haven't done it yet tho we have spaghetti and meatballs regularly (actually are tonight) just cause I've found meatballs in the oven to be easy enough... But.... Pressure cooker is probably easier.
Raw meatballs on the rack. They just beeped.....shall report back I was in a hurry

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
2sunshines (03-02-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #50
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

Raw meatballs on rack were a hit!

I want to try to make dairy free yogurt in the IP, but I'm scared to waste all those expensive ingredients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (03-07-2017), Dovenoir (03-08-2017), TraceMama (03-13-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #51
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MOS about ground beef. are you just steaming the burger meat or browning then cooking under pressure? How does it turn out?
Steaming basically. I just put it on the rack and set the timer. No browning first. Then I crumble it with a spatula in a big bowl. No one can tell the difference between IP hamburger and skillet. I'm very picky and I can't tell the difference either.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
Llee (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 09:13 AM   #52
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post

I want to try to make dairy free yogurt in the IP, but I'm scared to waste all those expensive ingredients.

If you are successful would you post here? I've tried but it doesn't come out thick. Milk choice matters. My last batch I thickened then added to IP. It came out thinner than it went in. My next attempt will be canned coconut milk.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
bananacake (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 09:45 AM   #53
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

I will let you know!

Old 03-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #54
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post

I did it. It was ok. It certainly wasn't a waste of ingredients as it all got eaten, it just wasn't a huge hit so not worth trying again. BUT my dairy free daughter isn't generally a big yogurt fan, so for us, it wasn't worth messing with it to make it perfect.

Here's the positive side. If you make it and don't love it as yogurt it still won't be a waste because you should be able to use it in other things -- recipes that you'd typically use yogurt in. I think I used mine up in a stroganoff recipe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
bananacake (03-07-2017), Llee (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #55
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
I did it. It was ok. It certainly wasn't a waste of ingredients as it all got eaten, it just wasn't a huge hit so not worth trying again. BUT my dairy free daughter isn't generally a big yogurt fan, so for us, it wasn't worth messing with it to make it perfect.

Here's the positive side. If you make it and don't love it as yogurt it still won't be a waste because you should be able to use it in other things -- recipes that you'd typically use yogurt in. I think I used mine up in a stroganoff recipe.

Since we are all dairy free and DFSF yogurt is pricey, I don't use yogurt in much! But perhaps we'll be having lots of smoothies DD especially has grown to love yogurt since she did a round of abx.

2sunshines (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #56
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was runny enough to be used as "milk" or Kefir. The kids put it on cereal. Smoothies is another great option.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (03-07-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 08:16 AM   #57
Dovenoir
Rose Garden

Dove - noir

Dovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond repute

I had decent success with my coconut cream yogurt. I did use one can with guar gum and some gelatin. It was as thick as whole milk yogurt.

Llee (03-09-2017), The Tickle Momster (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #58
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovenoir View Post
I had decent success with my coconut cream yogurt. I did use one can with guar gum and some gelatin. It was as thick as whole milk yogurt.

Can you share your recipe? Pretty please?

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
Old 03-08-2017, 08:23 AM   #59
Dovenoir
Rose Garden

Dove - noir

DIY Dairy-Free Coconut Yogurt
make approximately four cups

*4 cups unsweetened dried coconut flakes
*4 1/2 cups water, divided
4 tablespoons sugar
3 packets gelatin powder
4 tablespoons arrowroot starch
2 cans coconut milk [or 4 if not using flakes]
Direct-set vegan yogurt starter

Place dried coconut in pot and add 4 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 min Allow to soak for 30 minutes and then blend with immersion blender on highest speed for two minutes. (Or in Ninja 4 minutes) Set aside until cool enough to handle.

Once cooled, hang from cabinet and strain through a nut milk bag or fine sieve back into instant pot Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Bring to a boil again.

Add tapioca starch and bloomed gelatin whisk until well dissolved.

Allow to cool, whisking occasionally, to 110°F (check package directions on your starter for alternate instructions/variations). Add starter, whisking again to evenly distribute, and pour milk into a sterilized glass container and incubate in instant pot at 110°F using the method of your choice.

When incubation is complete (using the method above, mine took about seven hours), move jar to the refrigerator to chill and halt culturing, at least six hours. Yogurt is now ready to eat.

Sterilize jars at 225F FACE DOWN on cookie sheet with lids, rings, heat resistant spatula and spoons. Place in over at least 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes or until bottoms of jars are not too hot to touch. Pour into jars and chill.

Based off of
http://www.theprimaldesire.com/insta...oconut-yogurt/

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Note.. I'm trying to convert to making my own coconut milk here too, if that's too much, ignore that part and use 4 cans of coconut cream or milk with the water drained off.

The Tickle Momster (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 08:45 AM   #60
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

I added gelatin and gluccie to mine and it's thick. But kind of tasteless. More on that later