Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Cloth Diapering & EC *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #31
ericaness
Rosebud

ericaness is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are your favourite cloth diapers -2011 edition

i love fitteds with wool. my favorite fitteds are sustainable babyish. they have bullet proof woolies too, although they are super expensive, so i only have a couple. i am working on making some longies for this winter, and maybe a couple wool pieces for the new baby due in january, but i am a slow knitter.

we have always used an loved bumgenius for going out, but lately they have been leaking. i am trouble shooting to see if it's the diapers wearing out (but they are not that old!), the kid peeing more, or the mama's sloppy stuffing job that is causing the leaks, but i will be sad if we are just not able to use them anymore.
Erica, mama to DS1 (2/2010) and DS2 (1/2012). Baby #3 due April 2014
INTJ married to an ESFP!
ericaness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ericaness For This Useful Post:
Stiina (10-06-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #32
abh5e8
Deactivated

abh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond reputeabh5e8 has a reputation beyond repute

awesome thread! my lovely BG OS pockets (yes...bought new for dd, a good 4 years ago..they are 2.0!) have been our stable. but now, after 3 babies, the velcro is so weak. he must wear pants or the diaper falls right off. and i would love to replace them all, as we are (praying!) for a new lo.

but i feel like its been so long since i've looked at diapers...i dont' even know where to start!
abh5e8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #33
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

Erica we are like baby twins, except a month apart! My first lo was born Jan 10 and my next one is going to be Jan 12! We also LOVE Sbish covers here - I get mine from diaper swappers...love scouring that site for deals!!! I got all my nb woolies from there. Can't WAIT to try them on :melt
DS wore two pairs of Sbish longies all winter last year (rolled up about 3 inches) - so much that people asked if he only had two pairs of pants And this year - THEY STILL FIT! I am so beyond thrilled.
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #34
november
Rose Trellis

november has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
awesome thread! my lovely BG OS pockets (yes...bought new for dd, a good 4 years ago..they are 2.0!) have been our stable. but now, after 3 babies, the velcro is so weak. he must wear pants or the diaper falls right off. and i would love to replace them all, as we are (praying!) for a new lo.

but i feel like its been so long since i've looked at diapers...i dont' even know where to start!
If the diapers are still usable except for the velcro, you could always have them snap converted! Or, BG sells the refresher kits w/ new velcro tabs for $1/each! Just an idea.

Married to the love of my life
Mama to (7) & (2)

Save
november is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #35
Katydid
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Katydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm in it mostly for the cost savings, so our current favorites are flats/prefolds with econobum covers. Cheap, easy to get clean and bulletproof.
Stiina (10-07-2011)
Old 10-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #36
PinkPearlGirl

Blueberry

Rumparooz

Bum Genius (both fitted and one size)

Kissas

Muttaquins for newborns
Old 10-15-2011, 05:16 AM   #37
HomeWithMyBabies
Rose Garden

HomeWithMyBabies has disabled reputation

I'm only a few months in here but enjoying myself so far. I have fuzzibunz OS and prefolds/covers, it seems like the prefolds hold more pee so I tend to use the fuzzibunz later in the day (and those are the only type Dh will use). I want to get into wool soon. I like to browse and I can see how this could become an expensive hobby but I need to keep it cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codi View Post
That is just my LEAST favorite thing about cloth. The bulk. So the trimmer the better for me!
I like the bulk because I have a skinny baby. There are only a few clothing brands that make clothes that fit my babies, so the extra fluff helps keep the pants on.
Stiina (10-15-2011)
Old 10-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #38
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

Have you found diaperswappers, Amy? It can still get expensive, but you can find great wool there for a fraction of the price. It just makes you justify buying more.
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stiina For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (06-18-2012), HomeWithMyBabies (10-15-2011)
Old 10-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #39
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I love Kawaii one size pockets with the snaps. I had used prefolds and Dappi covers for two of my other kids, but my dh was not impressed and didn't want to deal with it and preferred disposables. When I bought the Kawaii's for this last baby, he was sold and gladly participates in the cloth diapering.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #40
keeper4ever
Rose Bouquet

You are the expert on your child!

keeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant futurekeeper4ever has a brilliant future

I really like Swaddlebees Econappies, Softbums, and Blueberrys, all aplix. I have a few fitteds and a Bummis cover I like for laundry day. I can't seem to get the hang of snaps. I liked prefolds and fitteds when DD2 was a newborn, but now I need the quicker pockets and AI2's since she is so wiggly! And DH likes the pockets better. I don't mind stuffing... its kind of relaxing for me

~*~*~Jilly Bean~*~*~4-2011(Born at home!!)

~*~Jenny-Bomb & Jayli-Bug~*~ !!! My1 yr old twinsies!
(please forgive typos and sentences that don't make sense! most of the time I'm mobile!)
keeper4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #41
LovelyMorning

We use all Rumparooz and we love them. The solid colors are beautiful, they're easy to wash and we've had no problems.

The rise is kind of short. LO is a tall baby so the rise is already fully unsnapped at five months old but there's still room in the waist adjustment. I suppose if he grows out of them we'll just jump in to EC!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #42
ICUmum
Seedling Rose

ICUmum is on a distinguished road

Wow! This thread is very helpful for me. We just started in the summer (our LO is 5 months) and have been using BumGenius 4.0 AIOs (we got them all on clearance) and they have been wonderful so far. Right now we use them more than the BG pocket diapers with the snaps, mostly because they fit her better. I figure we will probably have to replace the velcro at some point, but I really like them so far
Old 12-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #43
princesspoet
Rose Trellis

Soft kitty/ warm kitty/little ball of fur/happy kitty/sleepy kitty / purr purr purr :-)

princesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond reputeprincesspoet has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What are your favourite cloth diapers -2011 edition

Hello New to GCM and I have a passion for cloth! I'm from the UK ! Our daytime stash is made up of Tinynippers (cheapie pockets), Totsbots v2 in all prints except flower power and cosmic, I've got 1 bumgenius. night time we use motherease all in one or Little lamb with 1 microfibre, 1 bamboo and a fleece soaker.

This christmas, I bought my baby a weenotions nappy for his christmas pressie!
princesspoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #44
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

So since this thread, I have purchases some diapers....bg 4.0, fuzzibunz, bitti tutto, and a few others and I my cloth diapering days have been changed. My prefolds are the VERY LAST thing I reach for now. I also got some of the GMD workhouse and use those on laundry day. I have a ton of tabs open after re-reading this thread on more bands I am going to try.

What bout WAHM diapers? Faves on etsy?

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #45
MiriamRose
Rose Garden

Growing is hard work

MiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond reputeMiriamRose has a reputation beyond repute

I am working on converting my GMD prefolds to fitteds right now. I'm thinking of going to just Thirsties and wool for covers. So tired of my other covers.

Wife to my Submariner for 5 years!
MiriamRose is offline   Reply With Quote