Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #271
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama
I emailed her and have yet to hear about clay and breastfeeding but I noticed that another mom on the board talked about using it internally ????

Anyone have info ?
She said it was safe for nursing in the e-mail she sent to me.
I had heard it was not safe to do a detox with it while nursing.
i take while nursing and when i dont dd shows instant signs of me needing to continue with it i dont do detoxes with it like i would if i wasnt nursing but i do use it to detoxify if that makes sense.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #272
me
Rose Garden

Here's something i have never had happen or read about happening.
Dh's neck was irritated with his new burts bees after shave. As soon as he got home from work he put a paste of clay on it. His neck started itching like crazy and turned super red. He washed off the clay and noticed that the edges that didnt have clay were super red and the area with clay was just red.
He has used clay on his neck tons of times before when he ran out of after shave and had great results, which is why he came home and put some on all by himself (which is rare for him to use clay all on his own unless something is really bothering him)
He threw out the after shave and his neck is fine now.

Lesson:if you are applying clay to an irritated area from something you havent used before be sure you wash that area first then apply the clay :/
Something i will keep in mind for myself as well. Lots of times i have moisturizer or makeup on my face and i dont bother taking it off at night, i just do a mask and let the clay get it off. Ive never had any problems but then everything i use is pretty much allergy free for me and its rare for me to buy a new product. The kids and I couldnt use Burts Bees either at the height of our allergies.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #273
purstrength
Rose Garden

purstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud of

I haven't had that problem with clay...yet but I've had it happen with lots of other "natural products" Most recently it was coconut oil after I had used a lotion.

Remembering Mary
purstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:35 AM   #274
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by purstrength
I haven't had that problem with clay...yet but I've had it happen with lots of other "natural products" Most recently it was coconut oil after I had used a lotion.
really? now that you mention it, my worst reactions have been to natural products. maybe cause the actual ingredients arent as watered down interesting.....
Old 03-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #275
purstrength
Rose Garden

purstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud of

Same here. Once I had a really bad reaction to vitamin e oil. My eye swelled up and turned red and splotchy all around.

This last time, I had used some Jason's lotion on my body and then went to put coconut oil on my face. I didn't wash my hands in between and my hands got real hot...felt like what I would imagine a slight chemical burn to feel like.

Remembering Mary
purstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #276
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

Weezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond repute

When detoxing internally (I guess as well as externally?) does the "illness" get better before it gets worse? I'm trying bentonite clay for eczema, 1/2t - 1t internally per day as well as putting in on the patches. They look worse. I'm on day 2 of the detox. Is this normal? I'd put it in my water to take a bath, but I think we've figured out I'm allergic to the chlorine on the municipal water at our new house- the breakouts have been here since we moved. We just bought a shower filter thingy and we will see if it's better.
Beansie (8 yrs)
Trooper (toddling around)

The Boo and The Boy too
Daytime "second mother" to Cindy Lou Hoo and Petunia too
Currently DF and WF for trooper
Weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #277
me
Rose Garden

I hope others will offer their experience so you can get different insights/suggestions.

The kind of bentonite we use didn't have that effect on us though I have heard of things getting aggravated before it starts getting better. We have had that happen but with other remedies just not clay.

I'm sure your not using tap water since you said it irritates you. Only other thing I can think of us maybe not let it dry on your skin when you apply it topically. And when you take it internally add it to something with fiber so you can eliminate what it is pulling faster. Then maybe not to much toxins will release through your skin.

Oh, maybe making your clay fresh each time and making sure its done only in a glass jar with a plastic spoon. Keep the powder in its originally container. If you have to premix, try it in a wine bottle instead or something glass like that. And when premixing, only use distilled water.

If you aren't being to bothered right now you can stay with the amount you take. Or you could decrease it. Or you could stop for a week. Up to you really.

I hope you feel better soon.

My son had the worst eczema of us all and the clay got rid of it but we all didn't take the same amount or do the exact same thing. I tailored it to our individual bodies. He needed the actual clay baths for the same progress and the rest of us.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #278
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

Weezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond repute

The clay I have came from the HFS and it's powdered. I was deperate yesterday to try it. How do I make a paste? Caly and what? Water? I cannot use any oil of anykind- break out in hives.
Beansie (8 yrs)

The Boo and The Boy too
Old 03-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #279
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

yes just water and clay..and it doesn't take much water.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #280
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

I shall try tomorrow. Thank you. Hope for the best.
Beansie (8 yrs)

The Boo and The Boy too
Old 03-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #281
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so I just re-read all 19 pages of this thread looking for internal dosage for children and I can't find it I obviously missed something

I did see me gave her dd 1 t for a urinary tract infection.

I'd like to dosages again -- I know I had them before because I was trying to get them to take it internally for awhile (unsuccessfully ). I am ready to try again and be a bit more tricky this time - guacamole, smoothies, brownies, etc

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:56 AM   #282
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

Brownies! Jody what a wonderful idea! I'm going to have to try that! I've tried to take it myself in orange julius and a milk shake. Brownies may work well!!
Beansie (8 yrs)

The Boo and The Boy too
Old 03-17-2009, 04:00 AM   #283
BlessedBlue
Rose Garden

Have you ever heard a fly roar? Listen carefully!

BlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Basic dosages please! A starting point would be nice.

sister to Blue-EyedLady since forever
wife to Trooper (Wounded Warrior) 3-98
Graphics designing sapphiremama to EBug 2-04, ABoo 2-06, and Goggle 8-09
BlessedBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:32 AM   #284
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezie
Brownies! Jody what a wonderful idea! I'm going to have to try that! I've tried to take it myself in orange julius and a milk shake. Brownies may work well!!
How much are you putting in the brownies I was pondering putting it into bean burritos. . . just a sprinkle on top of the beans. My kiddos LOVE them and they are so pasty I should be able to hide it easily. but I don't know how much to do

And my library doesn't have any decent clay books

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #285
me
Rose Garden

http://www.aboutclay.com/info/Uses/recipes.htm#BROWNIES
when i made this recipe, for me, it came out sort of cakey. they arent fudgy if thats what you are use to.

and its been so long since i first started clay with the kids, I dont remember the exact amounts, i might have posted it somewhere last year or sent it to someone  i do remember that you need to start very small. keep a journal so you  know how much and on what date you did it. so if they have detox symptoms you know it is to much and to go back down in amount.
1/4 t of hydrated clay in the porportion for internal use is safe to start with for all. my 7 month old takes that amount.  let me see if i can find the amounts for the ages that carol gave me when i first started.

i cant stress enough how important and useful it can be to buy clay from a distributor that uses it themselves and will give doses. I  Carol at earthslivingclay!

let me see if my book has doses for kids. i dont think it does but ill look just in case.
(ok it says under diarrhea that for infants 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon)

bbl
oh! and if you put it in some warm cocoa, there is no way kids will be able to tell.

eta:found a past post, 1/2oz for small children....ill keep looking...
etaa:found where i said my then 6 and 4 yr old took the same amount but not the 2 year old.......