Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #301
Dandelion
Rose Garden

Dandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

I may have asked this before, but, is there any concern over using clay in the bath with the metal fixures?
B 8/99
O1 5/03
V 6/05
M 7/07
L 11/10
H 11/12
O2 11/15
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:16 AM   #302
Radosny Matka
Rose Garden

I am so blessed!

Radosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definately going to order some. How much will 1 lb last tho? I'm thinking it might be better to bite the bullet and order the 4 lb package. There will be 3 of us (4 if I can convince dh) detoxing.

Remembering our babies: 12/98 9/99 12/09 1/17
Radosny Matka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:28 AM   #303
Radosny Matka
Rose Garden

I am so blessed!

Radosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
even just enough to turn the water where you cant see the bottom would be enough.
you could put the older kids in but i would only do a very light bath for anyone younger than 2yrs

because im taking medication i dont take it internally right now but baths and masks externally still help my eczema so i would think baths alone would still benefit you
Also, what kinds of medication should you not take clay with?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #304
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radosny Matka
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
even just enough to turn the water where you cant see the bottom would be enough.
you could put the older kids in but i would only do a very light bath for anyone younger than 2yrs

because im taking medication i dont take it internally right now but baths and masks externally still help my eczema so i would think baths alone would still benefit you
Also, what kinds of medication should you not take clay with?
something that is time released. but it depends on what medication you are taking. Like allergy meds can be done so you take them in the morning and then clay at night. just depends.

1lb is a good amount if you are just drinking it. its dirt, so what you are getting wont be like a pound of flour. the container will be smaller than expected, but remember, you hydrate it 1:10, so a little goes a really long way when you are taking it internally.

Nicole-
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
when i first started using clay i did use a plastic lid to cover the drain and stop the water
no, the metal isnt an issue in the tub. Unless someone starts drinking the tub water.

Just to be clear since it has been asked quite a bit. When we first started taking clay internally this is what i did but isnt necessarily the only way:
Take your clay and distilled water. Mix 1 parts clay to 10 parts water.
Then take 1/4tsp daily. This amount I have used for 7months to adults.
My 7 month old doesnt take any more than that.
The rest of the family worked up to their individual doses.
The kids stopped at about 1/2tsp-1Tb(when needed for something specific)
Dh and I take 1Tb normally, 2Tb for detoxing or for something specific other than just maintenance or preventative if that makes sense.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Stiina (02-15-2011)
Old 04-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #305
Radosny Matka
Rose Garden

I am so blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by me

Just to be clear since it has been asked quite a bit. When we first started taking clay internally this is what i did but isnt necessarily the only way:
Take your clay and distilled water. Mix 1 parts clay to 10 parts water.
Then take 1/4tsp daily. This amount I have used for 7months to adults.
My 7 month old doesnt take any more than that.
The rest of the family worked up to their individual doses.
The kids stopped at about 1/2tsp-1Tb(when needed for something specific)
Dh and I take 1Tb normally, 2Tb for detoxing or for something specific other than just maintenance or preventative if that makes sense.

Okay, so you are taking 1/4 tsp of the MIXED amount, not 1/4 tsp of unmixed clay???

Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #306
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think that is dry and you mix it in water.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #307
me
Rose Garden

Yikeeeees! Dont give a baby 1/4tsp of dry!

No no. Take a 1/4tsp of the liquid clay that you have premixed.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #308
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

oops...now I am confused... isn't there going to be more "clay" in the mixed clay than in the powder

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
Old 04-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #309
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
oops...now I am confused... isn't there going to be more "clay" in the mixed clay than in the powder
Think of it this way. If i tell you take 1/4tsp of powdered clay. Then you can take the tsp and dump it into a liquid. You will be consuming the entire 1/4tsp of clay.
But lets say you have some hydrated clay in a bottle. You made it by taking 1/4tsp of clay then adding 10-1/4tsp of water (remember 1:10 ratio). Then I tell you to take a 1/4tsp of your hydrated clay and drink that. You arent drinking all 10-1/4tsp's. You are only taking 1/4tsp out of the 10-1/4tsp. Whenever a dose of hydrated clay for internal use is suggested, it is given that the person has already hydrated some clay at the 1:10 ratio, doesnt matter how much they used just that it is 1 to 10. The dose is referring to pouring out the liquid into a measurement. Not measuring out actual dry clay, just the liquid.
did i make things more confusing?
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Stiina (02-15-2011)
Old 04-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #310
BlessedBlue
Rose Garden

Have you ever heard a fly roar? Listen carefully!

BlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond repute

1/4 tsp hydrated clay = 1/40 tsp dry powder clay

sister to Blue-EyedLady since forever
wife to Trooper (Wounded Warrior) 3-98
Graphics designing sapphiremama to EBug 2-04, ABoo 2-06, and Goggle 8-09
BlessedBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #311
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedBlue

1/4 tsp hydrated clay = 1/40 tsp dry powder clay
Old 04-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #312
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

ok got it..I was thinking hydrated would be like clay clay like you would put on her face...clumpy...LOL

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #313
newday
Deactivated

newday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond repute

marking this to come back to...often, I suppose!
newday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #314
newday
Deactivated

newday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for all the information.
So far I have been using the clay for facials and after the first one my skin felt great!
I am also treating my husband's eczema. Right now we have only been using it externally, but he is taking allergy meds evening and morning (otc, but twice the dosage recommendation!) so it is going to be tricky to get the clay internally for him. Right now he is taking a bath with a couple of tablespoons of clay and has a mask on his head (where the eczema is the worst) and on his face.
I am going to take a tiny amount internally, I don't want to mess with my body too much as I am having lots of early labor stuff (I always do) and could literally have the baby any day (but it will probably be another month! ) I am a little nervous about side effects affecting me. KWIM?
I have added clay to my dds bath a couple of times, but only a couple of tablespoons.
I am really thankful for all the great input and advice!!
newday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #315
HummusDip

Do you give the 1/4 tsp of the hydrated clay to the baby straight off a spoon or in something? Off the spoon would be easier but I don't know if that's "ok".

I used some on my face (the 1:3 ratio) and I love it. I've done it here and there but I made up a big batch and plan to use it 2x a week. It makes my face feel so soft and tightened! I also made up a batch of the internal (1:8 ratio according to the aboutclay or something like that website) and I plan for us all to start taking it daily. Hopefully we'll see results soon.

I'd like to get some of the bath type clay because we can't afford to use this stuff in the bath.

oh and i plan to start using this on my moles and hope to get some of them off. I'd like to use it on my stretch marks but I doubt it could help. If I can, I want to put it all over my fat booty too and see if he reduces my cellulite.