Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #106
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

Whenever DH doesn't know where to put things away, he just makes terrible, horrible buckets of mess. I just got halfway through a random bin. It's basically 1 of everything we own. So. much. sorting.

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
backtobasicsmum (10-11-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #107
blondie
Rose Garden

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

Cleared the top of the piano and I'm going to put pretty fall things there.

Went through the rest of the shoes in the house. I still need to organize the bins that I keep for the girls to grow into.

Lilla Rose Stylist
Old 10-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #108
Ravenzmama
Seedling Rose

"The words you speak become the house you live in." Hafiz

Ravenzmama will become famous soon enough

I just bagged up some of my son's clothes for charity, donated three outfits of my own, and went through the bathroom and tossed several lotions (it isn't a problem because its lotion, hahaha).

Tomorrow I am supposed to go through the craft shelves and get rid of a few things that are in bad shape, too old to be useful, or just never used.
Ravenzmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #109
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

I need to get my head back in the game here. The last two months have been killer for me. But i need to figure out how to get rid of even more stuff, and organize what we have, because the clutter is stealing my sanity.

I brought home a used desk today with the intention of making it a school work space, where i can put the printer and laminator, and just, ya know, our schooly stuffs, so that i can have my kitchen counters back. But the problem is, i have no idea where to put the desk itself. . I wanted it in the dining room but there's not really a good space. So, now I'm really frustrated, and we almost doubled the size of our house and we're still puzzling the furniture together. Granted we added my mil and all her stuff, but still. I just want us to fit into our house for once!

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:23 PM   #110
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

I totally need to get back in the game here..... Freeze warning tonite so I put pots/dirt in the shed......and removed 2 old bikes and a metal aquarium stand to be set by the road with a FREE sign...
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #111
blondie
Rose Garden

If you need motivation, I can cheer you on!

I haven't gotten far, but I've purged about 8 big bags of stuff + some small furniture. It feels SO good.

I shoot for 10 things per day and I count trash. Even tossing a few magazines, a broken toy, old makeup- easy, small steps feel SO GOOD!

Lilla Rose Stylist
Lady TS (10-12-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #112
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

I got the desk in the dining room! Everything is still a disorganized disaster though. Smh

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

The Following User Says Thank You to Chaos Coordinator For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (10-18-2014)
Old 10-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #113
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

I've got stuff I've been holding onto, wanting to get some money from it. I've been holding onto it for years....maybe it's time just to let it go and move on...

We have a beat up old player piano that has been living in the living room way before we moved in over 10 years ago. No antique stores want it, and the metal guy Dh asked about taking it was interested but doesn't have the manpower to get it out of here. The thing weighs a couple tons, no joke. It has a lot of lead in it. It will take like 5 guys to move it. We are actually concerned that it may take out our deck if we take it out the front door. So, that leaves completely dismantling it and taking it to the pit in the back 40. As a musician, I hate to do it, but no one wants it and I want it out!
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #114
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

Just sent my husband away with a whole truckload of stuff to donate and several boxes/bags in the dumpster. Feels awesome! Reclaiming this space! Buh bye clutter!

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

The Following User Says Thank You to Chaos Coordinator For This Useful Post:
sunflowermom (10-13-2014)
Old 10-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #115
mommychem
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Butterfly on my face :)

mommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond repute

Peeking in. The lady who gave us most of DS's clothes from 0-12 months is pregnant again (even though she declared she was done ). So I filled a disposable diaper box with those clothes and gave them back to her. DS is newly 1 but wears 18-24 month clothes anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to mommychem For This Useful Post:
sunflowermom (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #116
blondie
Rose Garden

Minimalist achievement unlocked : tossed DVD cases.

We did it with our CDs a few years ago- put them in big cases and ditched the jewel cases. Haven't regretted it, so we did it with all of our DVDs, except Star Wars, of coarse.

That alone was a huge trashbag of stuff going OUT! And it cleared up a whole shelf of our media bookcases.

Lilla Rose Stylist
Chaos Coordinator (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 08:09 AM   #117
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

DH won't let me get rid of the DVD cases. They're in a box in the closet.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #118
blondie
Rose Garden

Got started on the hall closet. It's such a mess. Filled half a trash bag with random garbagey junk and made a bin to get organized downstairs later.

Lilla Rose Stylist
Old 10-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #119
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

I boxed up several boxes full of things to go to the storage shed. They're marked with dates to get rid of them by if we don't use them by then. I decided that's my compromise between my desire to purge and my desire to keep things in case we need them.

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowermom For This Useful Post:
Lady TS (10-16-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 04:45 AM   #120
silverlining
Deactivated

silverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant future

I need to get back to this. We had guests come to stay for several days, which made me glad I had gotten rid of some stuff, but it also led to to shoving everything else in the closets and storage room--so the house looks better overall, but there's still a long way to go in terms of really getting rid of things.
silverlining is offline   Reply With Quote