Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #106
passthemanna
Rose Garden

"...to do justice,and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God..." Mi 6:8

passthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you eating in November?

That stew sounds super interesting! I got 14 lbs of brisket for $37! I cooked it overnight and didn't completely botch it so we have a bunch of cooked meat in the freezer now. Split pea soup tonight

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Photographer at Grace and Gratitude by TLC
https://www.facebook.com/GraceandGra...TLC/?ref=br_rs
passthemanna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passthemanna For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (11-18-2020), Singingmom (11-19-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 11:58 AM   #107
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
Do you buy the canned green chilis? Just a thought - my grocery store has been shelving thing differently since the shortages started from the pandemic in order to keep the shelves looking full, I think. Normally, I'd buy the canned green chilis in the Mexican foods aisle next to the Ro-Tel tomatoes and the salsa. I noticed last week that they also have another section of chipotles in adobo and canned green chilis in between the dried beans and the Brazilian/Portuguese/S American brands. It's two aisles over.

(Also, I've used fresh jalapenos in cornbread and last night used dh's dried peppers from our garden. They were all good.)
Yes the canned. I do buy them in the Mexican Food area. I will check out the bean area next time. Its either the same aisle but the opposite end or one aisle over. Thanks for the tip.

I do have some fresh jalapenos from a friends garden that I was going to add as well.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:33 PM   #108
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to try the taquitos that have been mentioned so many times, but I noticed this variation https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slo...cken-taquitos/ and decided to do those instead. Yum! I cut back a little on the chipotle sauce and did 3 tablespoons and they weren't spicy at all.

Tomorrow we are trying this beef stew. https://pinchofyum.com/instant-pot-beef-stew
hollybells (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 05:31 AM   #109
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

No green chili's at the Kroger either in the Mexican food section nor by the dried beans nor by the canned beans nor by the salsa. Totally sold out.

I did have 3 cans of green chilis in the pantry, I think we bought extra last time they were on sale and if dh cooks he makes mostly Mexican based foods, in the pantry at home so I used 2 (1 meat, 1 vegetarian) now I have 1.

Tonight is LEFTOVERS.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16

Last edited by twoplustwo; 11-19-2020 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #110
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
No green chili's at the Kroger either in the Mexican food section nor by the dried beans nor by the canned beans nor by the salsa. Totally sold out.

I did have 3 cans of green chilis in the pantry, I think we bought extra last time they were on sale and if dh cooks he makes mostly Mexican based foods, in the pantry at home so I used 2 (1 meat, 1 vegetarian) now I have 1.

Tonight is LEFTOVERS.
Well, that stinks that they were out! Glad you had some in the pantry, though. It's odd what the stores are low on. My grocery store has been out of Ro-tel tomatoes for the past 3 weeks or so. I buy some type of tomatoes every week; I've always kept a can or two of Muir Glen or Hunt's fire-roasted tomatoes, the large cans of Cento crushed tomatoes, and a couple Pomi boxed tomatoes in the pantry. Since this pandemic started I've often only been able to get one of those three in a given week.

I have Guinness Beef Stew in the slow cooker for tonight. (Except we are out of Guinness Draught so dh is going to pick some up for me when he's out and about today. He says he'll be back by 3, and if so, it should be fine. If he's much later, though, we will just be eating Beef Stew.)
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #111
hollybells
Deactivated

hollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond repute

We made the now famous slow cooker cream cheese chicken taquitos on Tuesday (for the second time) and had the leftovers last night. Youngest asked when we can have them again. Because it's just the 3 of us now (dd went back to her apartment at university late last week and we didn't invite ds1 ) so I even have two left for my lunch today.

Tonight is breakfast dinner: waffles, bacon, hashbrowns, fruit and either a crockpot spinach and cheese omelette or, if I'm a bit too lazy to get it in, scrambled eggs. I had my shoulder worked on yesterday so not entirely laziness - some legit pain interfering with being fully functional today - but I also started a new book last night so if I pick it up again soon, well, yeah.
hollybells is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hollybells For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 08:16 PM   #112
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post

Tonight is LEFTOVERS.
My dh's favorite green chili's to use are in the freezer section of the grocery store. I had no idea you could get them frozen, but I guess you can!
twoplustwo (11-20-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #113
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Mustard tilapia, wild rice pilaf, broccoli
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #114
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Taco bar

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:04 PM   #115
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Acorn squash, millit and apple sauages

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:39 AM   #116
twoplustwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciousmomma View Post
My dh's favorite green chili's to use are in the freezer section of the grocery store. I had no idea you could get them frozen, but I guess you can!
I had no idea either.
Though I have a lot more pantry space than freezer space. But worth looking into. Next time Im at the store Ill investigate.

Tonight is Pad Thai. I didn't pre-cook the chicken last night like I planned. But ah well.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
The Following User Says Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (11-20-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 08:09 AM   #117
twoplustwo

Last night was Calzones and the kids made them instead of me.

Today is lasagna. Ill make 2* and that will be tomorrow night too.
Tuesday will be Chili and Ill make a double batch* of that as well and freeze whatever we don't eat for another easy meal.

One with meat and one vegetarian as usual.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Old 11-22-2020, 02:36 PM   #118
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Last night was sweet & sour chicken.

Tonight dd19 is making Thai soup with glass noodles.

I have a plan for the week! I'll share soon.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #119
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

last night was bean soup - so that I could make extra cornbread

tonight was biscuts and sauge grave - so that I could make extra biscuts

I think I have a plan for next week.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
hollybells (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 06:47 AM   #120
hollybells
Deactivated

hollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond repute

I *had* a plan for last night but dh got it in his head on the way home from church (as it was SNOWING!!!) that he wanted to make chili - his speciality. Well twist my arm ... it was delicious.
hollybells is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollybells For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (11-23-2020), The Tickle Momster (11-23-2020)