Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:24 PM   #106
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: December Dinners

Nutty Pumpkin Waffles (GF, egg free)
http://cmlmyrecipes.blogspot.com/201...n-waffles.html
Breakfast Sausage Patties
http://cmlmyrecipes.blogspot.com/201...-crumbles.html

We had big bowls of (leftover) homemade veggie beef soup http://cmlmyrecipes.blogspot.com/201...beef-soup.html and cornbread http://cmlmyrecipes.blogspot.com/201...x-copycat.html for lunch

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater

Last edited by LilacPhoenix; 12-30-2017 at 07:27 PM.
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #107
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Baked spaghetti squash with red meat sauce and fruit as a side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:42 AM   #108
Meadowlark
Newly Planted

Meadowlark is on a distinguished road

Riced cauliflower (Bird's Eye brand) steamed per directions on the package and then sautéed w/ grape seed oil over high heat until toasted w/ a little garlic powder, salt, and cumin with broiled until slightly charred sliced green bell peppers and chicken breast tenders. Is there any way to know if anyone else is doing Ideal Protein btw?
Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:08 PM   #109
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight will be dairy free clam chowder and chocolate fondue for dessert. If I get moving, we'll have bread to go with the soup.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:28 PM   #110
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
Riced cauliflower (Bird's Eye brand) steamed per directions on the package and then sautéed w/ grape seed oil over high heat until toasted w/ a little garlic powder, salt, and cumin with broiled until slightly charred sliced green bell peppers and chicken breast tenders. Is there any way to know if anyone else is doing Ideal Protein btw?
Hi, Meadowlark. Is Ideal Protein an eating plan? You can start a thread in this forum or maybe Natural Health and Nutrition and ask if anyone is doing it. Or maybe someone reading this thread is doing it. Would you like to post a brief introduction in We'd Love to Meet You so we can get to know you a little? I'm glad to see you posting!

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
Virginia (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 05:05 PM   #111
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Grilled chicken breasts, carrots and hummus, and dairy free peanut butter cookies for dessert
https://www.tasteslovely.com/dairy-f...utter-cookies/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #112
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight will be my traditional New Year's dinner - pork, cabbage, blackeye peas, and cake my

This year it'll be pork chops cooked on the indoor grill, cabbage casserole, blackeye peas, and yellow cake with chocolate glaze.

The cake is in memory of my grandmother. Her birthday was on January 1st. She would cook pork roast, cabbage, and blackeye peas, and my mom would make and bring her birthday cake. Happy memories

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (01-01-2018), Singingmom (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #113
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight meal
Bbq spare ribs
Black eyed peas with spinach
Sunflower seed and honey wheat bread with butter/gf toast option for margaret
Dessert yellow gfs cake with vanilla frosting
All gf/df except loaf of bread
Old 01-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #114
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the January thread? I made a yummy dinner

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmommy View Post
Tonight meal
Bbq spare ribs
Black eyed peas with spinach
Sunflower seed and honey wheat bread with butter/gf toast option for margaret
Dessert yellow gfs cake with vanilla frosting
All gf/df except loaf of bread
I could not find dried black-eyed peas at the grocery store. I was so bummed!

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:16 PM   #115
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post
Where's the January thread? I made a yummy dinner

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I could not find dried black-eyed peas at the grocery store. I was so bummed!
Bummer I actually didn't get some till this morning but thankfully they still had some.
bananacake (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 05:29 PM   #116
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I can never finder dried black eyed peas locally. I can ocasionaly find them caned but nor all the time.

We had black eyed peas, wilted greens (kale, chard and dandelion -because that is what I could find I would have preferred turnip) and make fish

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (01-01-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 05:03 PM   #117
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone post a January Thread please? Ty
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
LilacPhoenix (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 05:48 PM   #118
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

Join us for the January thread

http://gentlechristianmothers.com/co....php?p=6123271

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
charla (01-03-2018), Singingmom (01-02-2018)