Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 07-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Dana Joy
Deactivated

AKA "Mommy Piadosa" or on FB "PunkHippyMommy"

Dana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Water?

What do you use as drinking water? I hate the feeling of excess of buying bottled water, esp since most of the world would kill for the clean water source we have. BUT I worry about what is in the tapwater too.

What do you use?
Dana Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water?

I hate doing it but we buy aquafina. It tastes the best. There is a filter that you can buy at home depot that filters your own tap water on a water cooler and it works really well. I bought one, but it doesn't fit on the cooler I got so I'm back to aquafina for the time being.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
HomeWithMyBabies
Rose Garden

HomeWithMyBabies has disabled reputation

Our fridge has a simple filter in it, so I fill up my water bottle there. Our town doesn't add any fluoride, etc to the water but after we move I will be looking for a high quality filter for drinking and cooking.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
Ali

I buy bottled for when we are going out of the house and I need to bring water along. When I am home, we have a Pur filter on the tap, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a reverse osmosis system under the sink - maybe some day!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
deena
Rose Garden

deena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond repute

We use a water cooler and love it. We can buy refills at Home Depot for only 5.99 (for five gallons) and on weeks that we run out of money I just buy a few gallons of water at the store and refill it myself for $2. I try not to do that tooooo much though to keep it really clean.

26, 23, 19, 15, 12, 8, 2, <1
deena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #6
BeasleyQ

We use this one
http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/ro-45-detail.htm
I have considered buying the filter for the shower too - I've heard stories about how we absorb so many toxins through our skin and our lungs during a shower.... Maybe for Christmas....
Old 07-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

Weezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond repute

Currently we order from Culligan and have it delivered- raunchy well water here.
New house has municipal water, so we'll be good there!
Beansie (8 yrs)
Trooper (toddling around)

The Boo and The Boy too
Daytime "second mother" to Cindy Lou Hoo and Petunia too
Currently DF and WF for trooper
Weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #8
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

We have an RO on the sink....my only complaint is that it isn't big enough....we run out of water... AND the filters are really expensive... By the time we replace filters twice..(supposed to be every 6 months..we haven't made it that far) you have paid for the unit...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #9
JellyBean
Rose Garden

JellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBean has a reputation beyond repute

I have the aquasana filter. http://www.aquasanastore.com/ We also have the shower filters too.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:50 AM   #10
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

We have an water ionizer and try not to drink water anywhere -- we bring our own It's alkaline water and supposed to be "the way God made water" to sum it up. We REALLY really REALLY love it. It was extremely expensive but I am happy to say it's helped Luke become alkaline (no other dietary changes) and helped with a few other things. It sounds unbelieveable but I actually had detox symptoms when I first started drinking it

We have this one http://shop.snyderhealth.com/product...filter-upgrade ANd the snyderhealth guy is really nice

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:53 AM   #11
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

We also have a shower filter but I am pretty sure I want to get a new one because we are getting rid of our RO system and we bought the shower filter there thinking that was the easiest way but now I never buy anything from that website.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:54 AM   #12
Yuliana
Rose Garden

Yuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant futureYuliana has a brilliant future

I drink tap water. I have done it since I was born and my kids too, so tap water for us.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #13
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

I want what sonshinemama has...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:56 AM   #14
Living My Dream
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

*Dream*Believe*Achieve*

Living My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond repute

how do you find out whats in your water?

Living My Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Living My Dream For This Useful Post:
Kaela Parakaleo (11-21-2014)
Old 07-15-2008, 08:01 AM   #15
Apple-Saucy
Deactivated

Apple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond reputeApple-Saucy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula
how do you find out whats in your water?
Your local township is supposed to periodically test the water. If you have a water processing plant you can call them too.

OR you can go to your local health department or hardware store and get a water testing kit
Apple-Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Apple-Saucy For This Useful Post:
shekinah (06-29-2010)