Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:01 PM   #1
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

ArmsOfLove has disabled reputation
Default Digital Home Notebook

Has anyone used Evernote to create one?

I'm about to and I'd love to have someone to bounce ideas off of and ask questions, etc.
ArmsOfLove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArmsOfLove For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (04-28-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #2
bec28
Rose Garden

bec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond reputebec28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Digital Home Notebook

I haven't. I actually just went back to a real notebook instead of only writing everything down in my phone. My dream notebook would be a notebook that would also save as a digital copy.

I'm curious to see what you come up with.
staying at home and loving it! learning to be a more grace filled, gentle mama
bec28 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bec28 For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (04-28-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

I found instructions for how to do it in a way that allows you to print as needed - I'm still reading the instructional booklet so I don't want to recommend it yet - if it stinks I don't want to have wasted anyone else's time If you would like to check it out I can post it but I'm hoping to have started creating it substantially by tomorrow night so I think I'll have a feel by then for how it's going to come together.

I'm really hoping this is the answer - I HATE having everything all mish-mashed in different files different places and I really hate having only a paper one because I FORGET IT!

I loved my notebook - but it had to be updated regularly and it was too stressful to do that with paper. I felt like I saved up too many things until I had forgotten what they were supposed to be
Soliloquy (04-28-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 11:30 PM   #4
righteous mama
Rose Garden

righteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond repute

My mom likes it, but I haven't looked into it, yet. I think I'd like to, though. Let us know what you think. I use Cozi for a calendar, but it doesn't quite do it for me completely.
mama to farmer girl (21) princess lionheart (16), and dandelion queen (11)

~infp~

Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
righteous mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:43 AM   #5
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

Subbing Bc I want to know what you keep in yours. I bought one but haven't put much in it yet.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:35 AM   #6
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Hannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond repute

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

Quote:
I bought one but haven't put much in it yet.
What did you buy?

So, to update, the e-book I got just . . . ended. Like on page 14 or something. No link to buy the whole book. No info anywhere about where the information is now.

And then I've been really busy and haven't done more But I do need to keep working on it so any resources or inspiration or ideas about how to go about it are welcome
Old 04-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #8
SillyMommy
Climbing Rose

SillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE Evernote for home schooling, never thought to use it like this - I'd love to hear how you go about it!

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

A quick google search got me some neat ideas! Thanks for starting this thread!

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lif...-evernote.html

http://orgjunkie.com/2011/06/organiz...-evernote.html
and Mommy to R1 (12) T3, R2 (8.6) T4, R3 (6.9) T1 and R4 (13m)
PaperbackSwap | Goodreads

SillyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SillyMommy For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (04-28-2015), Soliloquy (04-28-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

Thanks for the links!

And now I want to know how you use it for homeschooling!

I feel like it's this treasure that I don't know how to unlock the potential of And my normal T3 tendency is to jump in and cobble something together but I don't have a lot of time to waste so I kind of want to make sure I'm using it to the fullest potential and not wasting time at all (well, no more than setting up something like this involves regardless )

I just feel like if I could create the one master overarching resource that incorporates all of the areas of my life into one place I would be freed to go to the next level with all of it.

but that may just be wishful thinking

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Excellent first link - these were some of the things mentioned in the book I was trying to read - or at least chapter titles that had no content

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

and this might be a silly basic question, but Evernote has "notebooks" so would you just do one "notebook" or would you do multiple notebooks - one for each area? Is that just something that is YMMV? And, if so, can you share any thoughts on how you use it for homeschooling and why you divide it that way?
SillyMommy (04-28-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #10
ShangriLewis
Moderator in Vegetarianism & Veganism

Arrange whatever pieces come your way. ~VW~

ShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond repute

Look up evernote for homeschool or unschool on youtube. There is a mom from Australia I believe, and she has a nice overview of how she uses it.

I love evernote.

Heather
The Prophet 23yob, The Peacemaker 20yob, The Warrior 17, The Little Flower 11yog and The Surfer 9yob and our little birdie girl 4yo.

ShangriLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShangriLewis For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (04-28-2015), Soliloquy (04-28-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 04:36 PM   #11
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I need to do this. If y'all figure something out I can justify getting a kindle fire.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (04-28-2015), Hannah Elise (04-28-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #12
SillyMommy
Climbing Rose

SillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you (on the T3 also!). I have a notebook for each child and I make a note for each week - checkboxes next to assignments for each day. Each child logs on and does their work, checking it off as they go. I love it because I am now utilizing so many more online resources - 12yo watches 1-3 Ted Talks a day, the girls play a lot of learning games, etc.
and Mommy to R1 (12) T3, R2 (8.6) T4, R3 (6.9) T1 and R4 (13m)
PaperbackSwap | Goodreads

SillyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SillyMommy For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (04-28-2015), Hannah Elise (04-29-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 07:02 PM   #13
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMommy View Post
I'm with you (on the T3 also!). I have a notebook for each child and I make a note for each week - checkboxes next to assignments for each day. Each child logs on and does their work, checking it off as they go. I love it because I am now utilizing so many more online resources - 12yo watches 1-3 Ted Talks a day, the girls play a lot of learning games, etc.
Oh that's awesome

I could keep track of what my older children are doing
Old 04-29-2015, 05:52 AM   #14
sweetpeas
Rose Trellis

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

Evernote is my BRAIN!!!! I don't remember what all goes in a home management binder (I made several at various times, I loved making them, then never looked at them), but I would guess I have all those things in Evernote.

A couple years ago I reviewed an ebook called Paperless Home Organization, and it gave some good ideas about how to set things up. Here's my review: http://broadhorizonsschool.blogspot....ed-pantry.html

I don't still do everything she suggests. And I didn't like the to do list she suggested, I've tried various ones since then, currently using Wunderlist but I'm still horrible at remembering to actually LOOK at it regularly . . . But in Evernote I use her basic file organization structure, and I think the thing that I loved the most from her was to include the date in the Note name and do it in the format YEAR.MO.DY (so 2015.04.29 is today)that way everything automatically sorts by date accurately LOVE LOVE LOVE that!

Homeschool is definitely one of my favorite uses of Evernote. I do a weekly lesson plan that has all the things i think we should/could get done that week. It's linked to all sorts of things.

I have a "Curriculum" Notebook Stack with Notebooks for each subject and I save alot of my .pdf resources directly into Evernote (but that might be a Premium feature?) so if we're gong to use a .pdf I can link directly to the note that has the .pdf in it. We use SotW for history with lots of added in books and videos, and a few crafts but big girls are kind of aging out of that, and Lina's not quite there. So I have a Note that is "SOTW Vol 2" that lists teh chapters, and subchapters of SOTW (with track numbers, because we use the audiobook) and then inserts all the additional resources, with indication of whether it's a library book/video, something we own, something I'm considering buying (linked to where I'd buy it), or in the case of Youtube, links directly to the video. I keep a link to that Note in my lesson plan note, and then go through and put specifics for the week into the weekly lesson plan (working a couple weeks ahead to allow time for reserving lib books and ordering online items I do want to buy). For Bible we use Bible Road Trip, so I have a Bible Road Trip Notebook and save all the .pdfs into it. Then I make a "lesson plan" Note for each week that links to the notebooking page noes and also breaks out exactly what things we're going to do that week, and links to Bible Gateway for the specific Bible reading we do. Then my general Lesson Plan note for the week links to that lesson plan note.

I also use Evernote for Recipes. I have a Menu Plan Notebook Stack with Notebooks for Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Etc. But also a "Recipes to try" Notebook, when we're getting bored with meals we go browse that and look for fun new things (and anytime I come across an interesting recipe online, I clip it into that Notebook). Lexie's our "cook" so I've shared all the recipe notebooks with her (I set up her own Evernote account and put it on her tablet).

Oh and I also like the idea, from Paperless Organization, of having monthly tags. So I have a "tag" that is 2015.05 and anything that I want to remember/consider next month, is tagged. One of my "jobs" this week is to go through that tag and if there's stuff I want to incorporate into homeschool this month, I put it in the lesson plans. If it's season-specific and we're not going to use it this year I re-tag it for 2016.05. Since homeschool convention is in May, there are various notes tagged for May that relate to things I want to remember/consider for that, so I'm compiling all that into a "homeschool convention" note that I will reference from my phone throughout the convention. . .

I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but that's some of how i use Evernote.

Busy Homeschooling Mom to 3 Sweetpeas:
Lexie & Ashlyn 16 yr old twins
and
Lina, 9
Virtual Accountant and Bookkeeper in my "spare time"
sweetpeas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeas For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (04-29-2015), Llee (05-02-2015), SillyMommy (04-29-2015)
Old 04-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #15
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

Awesome

I'm going to be pouring through your post a few times to make sure I'm not missing anything