Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:58 AM   #31
arelyn
Rose Trellis

Soli deo Gloria

arelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home Blessing challenge Revival Week One

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
I almost put that as my habit. I really do need to cook more often.
I think I might use this idea since I'm still stumped about habit #2. Thanks!

arelyn
World traveling mama to my star my sunshine and the monsoon baby
Wife to my crazy ethnomusicologist

This road that we travel, may it be the straight and narrow. God give us peace and grace from you all the day through.
arelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #32
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

I want to join in on this. I remember doing it years ago and finding it fun and helpful...I could definitely use some accountability/motivation. (Isn't it funny how motivating it is to accumulate meaningless "points"?)

If I follow through, my challenge will be getting a gallery wall hung. I've been meaning to do it for YEARS and have most of the frames and photos ready to go--just need to order a couple more prints, figure out the layout and get them on the wall. It's ridiculous how long that's taken me and how long the frames have been sitting in piles in my room or the dining room
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (04-15-2015), prov31craftymom (04-15-2015), rdsmommy (04-18-2015), RiverRock (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #33
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the meaningless points motivate me too!

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
prov31craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:46 AM   #34
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I meaningless points.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:40 AM   #35
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Does declutter mean only going through stuff and getting rid of some? Or does it mean cleaning up a space that has gotten out of hand messy even if there is nothing to throw away, it just needs put away neatly? Or maybe it's a hotspot although it isn't regularly messy, just messy this week?

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 04-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #36
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

The stuff does not have to leave your home.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prov31craftymom For This Useful Post:
charla (04-15-2015), MaybeGracie (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #37
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
Does declutter mean only going through stuff and getting rid of some? Or does it mean cleaning up a space that has gotten out of hand messy even if there is nothing to throw away, it just needs put away neatly? Or maybe it's a hotspot although it isn't regularly messy, just messy this week?
I think that all of that is "decluttering". In my house, which has no extra storage and very little closet space, we tend to have piles everywhere of just about everything because putting things away is such an ordeal. So, when places get "out of hand messy", we can clean up those spaces by putting things away and will likely find things we no longer need as we go. Especially as we get further down in the pile! I am not counting my labeled "hotspots" as decluttering, though.
I used to follow a blog "a slob comes clean" and she considered tackling the out of hand mess piles "decluttering".

I am another that is having a hard time figuring my laundry points. I can't get on to do the 5 minute challenges before I tackle laundry, but my laundry system does not include putting things away the same day. Yet, we do a lot of laundry in this house! I am thinking maybe total laundry loads over the course of the week might be a good way to count points for the next time we do this. What do y'all think?

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
charla (04-16-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #38
charla
Administrator

I'm so silly. That mess on the floor in the dining room because most of the school books fell out of the school armoire along with a large cup of crayon spilled on the floor took me only five minutes to clean up. And I've been walking over it for days. Crazy!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (04-15-2015), prov31craftymom (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #39
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLifeMama View Post
I think that all of that is "decluttering". In my house, which has no extra storage and very little closet space, we tend to have piles everywhere of just about everything because putting things away is such an ordeal. So, when places get "out of hand messy", we can clean up those spaces by putting things away and will likely find things we no longer need as we go. Especially as we get further down in the pile! I am not counting my labeled "hotspots" as decluttering, though.
I used to follow a blog "a slob comes clean" and she considered tackling the out of hand mess piles "decluttering".

I am another that is having a hard time figuring my laundry points. I can't get on to do the 5 minute challenges before I tackle laundry, but my laundry system does not include putting things away the same day. Yet, we do a lot of laundry in this house! I am thinking maybe total laundry loads over the course of the week might be a good way to count points for the next time we do this. What do y'all think?
We can do that. If you have a system and it works then take the full points. Even if you put clothes away on a different day. I have no system and it's crazy, so I'm trying to fix that for me.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Old 04-16-2015, 04:06 AM   #40
arelyn
Rose Trellis

Soli deo Gloria

arelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond repute

What does bonding time cover? DH time, individual kid time or whole family doing something together time?

arelyn
World traveling mama to my star my sunshine and the monsoon baby
Wife to my crazy ethnomusicologist

This road that we travel, may it be the straight and narrow. God give us peace and grace from you all the day through.
arelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:36 AM   #41
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

We are packing for a road trip so yesterday was a light day for cleaning. Total for wednesday: 310

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
prov31craftymom (04-16-2015)
Old 04-16-2015, 07:15 AM   #42
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

I take bonding time points for spending special time with my kids. Reading a book (not school related) doing a project, kicking around the soccer ball, etc.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Old 04-16-2015, 07:33 AM   #43
charla
Administrator

So do I understand correctly that the week is Monday - Friday for this challenge?

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 04-16-2015, 07:37 AM   #44
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
So do I understand correctly that the week is Monday - Friday for this challenge?
That was my original thought. What does everyone prefer.

Monday-Friday or Monday through Saturday/Sunday (Using whichever day you choose for Sabbath)

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Old 04-16-2015, 08:28 AM   #45
charla
Administrator

I like Monday - Friday.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
prov31craftymom (04-16-2015)