Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Diagnosis my pain

At first in thought maybe I was getting a cavity. I've had a small hole in one for decades. It bothers me a bit if I'm sick or have bad allergies but nothing big. This wasn't going away and more intense. Then right when I'm ready to call a dentist the pain suddenly stops. However it's replaced with extreme inner ear pain. Much like when I've had swimmers ear in the past. I'm also getting headaches.The pain goes now back and forth between tooth and ear pain sometimes both. Each with varying degrees of a headache. Advil helps to various degrees but is obviously not addressing the issue. Any clue to what this could be?
Old 07-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #2
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diagnosis my pain

Sinuses....they would connect the teeth and the ears, so the pain is just surfacing at different places.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (07-02-2016), sweetpeasmommy (07-09-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
FlyingBlueKiwi
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

FlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I had something similar. It turned out to be a major dental/sinus infection. Go see the dentist.

Go Team Lioness!!!
FlyingBlueKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingBlueKiwi For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (07-02-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #4
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that it sounds like an infection. I would get it checked out asap.
milkmommy (07-02-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Sinus pain can present as tooth pain. Sounds crazy, huh. You could see if an antihistamine helps, but getting checked out is probably smart.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (07-03-2016), milkmommy (07-02-2016), sweetpeasmommy (07-09-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 07:52 PM   #6
ExLibrisMama
Seedling Rose

Always be humble & kind.

ExLibrisMama is a jewel in the roughExLibrisMama is a jewel in the roughExLibrisMama is a jewel in the roughExLibrisMama is a jewel in the rough

I had this exact thing while pregnant. Ended up being a bad tooth infection and abscess. I had to take antibiotics three times to stop it from spreading, as they didn't want to pull it (not always the case, just what I had in farthest back molar) while I was pregnant. Antibiotics helped literally within four or five hours for me. The pain went from excruciating to almost nothing.

I would absolutely get in to a dentist ASAP and find out
ExLibrisMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ExLibrisMama For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (07-06-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 10:29 PM   #7
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having trouble getting into seeing a dentist so I might need to do like an urgent care visit or something. Today was really bad zero tooth pain but the pain in my ear was horrible. Bad but I actually broke down and took a Vicatin (sp?) left over from a previous procedure from about a year ago.
Even that didn't truly help...
Pray I can get some help soon as were leaving for California Sunday.
graciousmomma (07-06-2016), Singingmom (07-07-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 10:58 PM   #8
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Are you flying to California? My dentist told me that sometimes the air pressure can do awful things to an abscessed tooth, and recommended that I get my infected tooth removed before a flight. My tooth had a history of decay and we had been watching it for over a year, knowing that removal would eventually be necessary.

I'll pray for relief and answers for you.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:43 PM   #9
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute

Are there emergency dental places where you live?
Old 07-07-2016, 01:40 AM   #10
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

No we are driving. No idea on the dental
Old 07-09-2016, 11:40 PM   #11
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I would go to urgent care if it hasn't resolved. With the ear pain, I don't feel like it's for sure a tooth thing at all. Tooth pain tends to stay put in teeth, BTDT. Ear, nose and throat are tricky and often send pain to any and all of those areas.

Sinuses could be involved too. A good test of if your sinuses are to blame is to try swishing water in your mouth for 5-10 min. It won't be obvious initially but after a while if feeling like you aren't getting enough oxygen because you aren't able to breathe through your mouth, your sinuses might be more clogged than you realize. I tend to have zero sinus symptoms until it's really bad and the neti pot can't even get through.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:04 AM   #12
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me for asking (tell me to delete if tmi on this forum) but is your heart defect at still an issue to be considered when u have health problems? We've been told oral infections can move quickly to the heart and when in doubt check it out! Dd is sooooo healthy but anything oral needs to be checked ASAP cuz the mouth/heart connection.

I agree w Amy about sinuses but I have a yellow light because of your cardiac history!!

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #13
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
Forgive me for asking (tell me to delete if tmi on this forum) but is your heart defect at still an issue to be considered when u have health problems? We've been told oral infections can move quickly to the heart and when in doubt check it out! Dd is sooooo healthy but anything oral needs to be checked ASAP cuz the mouth/heart connection.

I agree w Amy about sinuses but I have a yellow light because of your cardiac history!!
yes it is an issue and was a big concern. I got into urgent care they diagnoised a bacterial sinus infection. I was given antibiotics (partly because of any potential heart connection) and decongestants as well as pain killers. The antibiotics have worked wonders I'm not totally out of the woods but its like 4,000s better. Were leaving for CA this morning....
knitlove (07-10-2016), RiverRock (07-10-2016), Singingmom (07-10-2016), sweetpeasmommy (07-10-2016), tempus vernum (07-10-2016)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for milkmommy:
RiverRock (07-10-2016), tempus vernum (07-10-2016)