Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #46
Dandelion
Rose Garden

Dandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome to My "Living Room" (aka, GCM ;)) ♥

B 8/99
O1 5/03
V 6/05
M 7/07
L 11/10
H 11/12
O2 11/15
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dandelion For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-02-2012)
Old 01-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #47
MTmomma
Rose Trellis

MTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond reputeMTmomma has a reputation beyond repute

You have no idea how much of a blessing...a haven....a life line GCM has been for me. Thank you for allowing God to move through you for the benefit of SO MANY others!
Little man A (5/08)
Crazy man P (4/10)
MTmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MTmomma For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #48
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

GCM has been such a defining part of my life and changed me in so many ways for the better.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #49
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

You're living room is so comfy. Thank you for having me.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #50
pastelsummer
Rose Garden

I am where I am only by the Grace of GOD

pastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond repute

I love this place and i am so grateful i found it. I cringe to think what my parenting choices would be without you ladies here to lean on when times get tough.
"Bubba" 3/09
"Princess" 9/11
read about *some content may be sensitive*
my life
My Poetry
I am not the princess in the tower, I have slayed my own dragons. I am the queen of my country leading the way.
If you want me you need to walk beside me not in front of me or behind me.
pastelsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pastelsummer For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #51
FebFaith
Rose Bouquet

FebFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFebFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFebFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFebFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFebFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFebFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you, Jeri! What a blessing to read about how GCM started. Thank you for letting us all in. I'm glad your living room is big enough for all of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to FebFaith For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #52
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Annainprogress For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-02-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #53
PlateauMama
Rose Trellis

PlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much Jeri. I really enjoyed reading the story of how this came to be. I have learned SO much on here that has helped me be a much better parent and person, living healthier and more confidently.

It's also very encouraging to me personally how you started this amazing thing, just by seeing a need and taking small steps to do something.
Havi (April '07)
My wild flower Zan (June '09)
My hon bun Loam Loam (Oct. '16)
PlateauMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlateauMama For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-04-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #54
thrillofhope
Deactivated

thrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond reputethrillofhope has a reputation beyond repute

I had a dream last night about all of us sitting in Jeri's GIANT living room chatting.
thrillofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thrillofhope For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (01-04-2012), blessedmamaofmany (01-04-2012), flowermama (01-04-2012), GentleMomof4 (01-03-2012), Hermana Linda (01-03-2012), PlateauMama (01-04-2012), shaslove (01-03-2012), Stiina (08-28-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #55
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! You opening your living room transformed me into someone I don't recognize. My family is better for it.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #56
MamaPepper
Rose Garden

MamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond repute

This was so heartwarming to read Thank you Thank you for welcoming and re-welcoming me into your living room

Photographer & Designer

My PhotographyMy Webpage
MamaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MamaPepper For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #57
MerryTex
Rosebud

MerryTex is a jewel in the roughMerryTex is a jewel in the roughMerryTex is a jewel in the roughMerryTex is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for what you started! I hope this isn't too repetitive -- I haven't read all the other responses yet but I really wanted to add my thanks.

I read the public forums for three years before just now becoming a member. I would not have found this information if it hadn't been on the Internet. The ideas I discovered (and God led me to) on GCM taught me about ways to parent that I truly never knew existed. I am thankful every day for the lessons I learn here and I use tools from this website many times a day. Having a living community like this to refer to as opposed to just a book has given me the courage and confidence to make choices for my family that are very different than what I knew before. The work that everyone has done to get this kind of information out to people has been a huge blessing for me and for my family.
flowermama (01-11-2012), GentleMomof4 (01-04-2012), Stiina (08-28-2012), Wonder Woman (01-05-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #58
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

I found this site when Googling some behavior issues with Ethan. It kept coming up as one of the first results no matter what behavior I Googled, or how long I went between searches. Guess Someone was trying to tell me something Took a couple years before I felt comfortable joining but I lurked off and on for quite a while!

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (01-05-2012), flowermama (01-11-2012), GentleMomof4 (01-04-2012), Stiina (08-28-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #59
blessedmamaofmany
Deactivated

I love my life.

blessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond reputeblessedmamaofmany has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I'd have known about GCM when I first started having babies. So much.
But I'm thankful for you now...and thankful for the lesson that grace is for momma's too. And it's never too late to change.
blessedmamaofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blessedmamaofmany For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-11-2012), GentleMomof4 (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #60
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Jeri, I am a totally different person because of your living room. I'm so grateful God led me here. Your living room feels like home to me. You all are amazing women!
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
flowermama (01-11-2012)