Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:58 AM   #16
HomeyT
Rose Trellis

HomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vitamix

Mmm my cheesecake turned out awesome!

When I added up the $$$ ive spent on blenders I've bought in the last 2 years I knew this would be a worthwhile investment. And it does all my demands with ease!
ArmsOfLove (07-16-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #17
chelsea
Rose Garden

chelsea is a glorious beacon of lightchelsea is a glorious beacon of lightchelsea is a glorious beacon of lightchelsea is a glorious beacon of lightchelsea is a glorious beacon of lightchelsea is a glorious beacon of light

I love my Vitamix, as in YES I would marry it! I use it mostly for smoothies. It blends things SO well you wouldn't believe it! You can put literally anything in there and you'll never get any unappetizing chuncks because it's all thoroughly blended in (if you want it to be). There was a recipe that came with it for one of the fruit smoothies that had bell peppers in it and I thought "Ewe nasty" and it was delicious! The 3-year-old boy I was babysitting chugged his down and wanted more, haha! I've been kind of lazy lately... going to get back to using it today!
My only problem is paranoia because it was so expensive (even though it was a gift) so I probably don't take it as far as it could go because I'm afraid I'll make a mistake and wreck something.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #18
Contented in FL
Rose Blossom

Contented in FL is a jewel in the roughContented in FL is a jewel in the roughContented in FL is a jewel in the roughContented in FL is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone have a recommendation of where I might have my motor repaired? (Take note of the instructions on *how* to blend ice, i.w., which order to add it....)

Sent from my YP-GI1 using Tapatalk 2
Contented in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #19
ctab
Rose Bouquet

ctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contented in FL View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation of where I might have my motor repaired? (Take note of the instructions on *how* to blend ice, i.w., which order to add it....)

Sent from my YP-GI1 using Tapatalk 2
Is it still under warranty? If so, I think Vitamix will fix it.
baby #4 due June 2015
ctab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #20
sprout
Rose Garden

sprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond repute

I have a vitamix. There isn't anything I don't like about it at all. It is our most used and most awesome kitchen gadget for sure.
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #21
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping for cold weather season:
My new favorite and dangerously addictive VM use: hot chocolate!
Milk, semisweet chocolate, espresso powder and vanilla. High for 4 minutes. So easy and yummy! Way easier and faster than on the stove. (you can not use the espresso, but I like it.)

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

Last edited by RealLifeMama; 10-25-2014 at 10:45 AM.
RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
Johns_Gal (10-26-2014), Kiara.I (10-25-2014), Lady TS (10-27-2014)
Old 10-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #22
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

My new vm addiction is bulletproof coffee

Coffee
Vanilla
Coconut oil
Butter
Sweetener

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Lady TS (10-27-2014)
Old 10-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #23
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
My new vm addiction is bulletproof coffee

Coffee
Vanilla
Coconut oil
Butter
Sweetener
Spinning
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...40#post5842140

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (10-29-2014)
Old 11-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #24
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this to share that I made potato soup in the vitamix tonight and it was not the gluey mess I expected.

I had leftover veggie soup comprised of peppers, mushrooms, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, and garlic. Not much, maybe 1.5 cups. That, chicken broth, three tennis ball sized baked russets (skinned), a piece of leftover bacon, and a handful of nutritional yeast. Kids loved it, I like it too but think it needs cayenne and more garlic.

Didn't blend it for near the time their website suggests for their potato soup though. Maybe two minutes on high.
Johns_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johns_Gal For This Useful Post:
Lady TS (11-07-2014), tempus vernum (11-07-2014)
Old 11-07-2014, 06:51 AM   #25
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_Gal View Post
Bumping this to share that I made potato soup in the vitamix tonight and it was not the gluey mess I expected.

I had leftover veggie soup comprised of peppers, mushrooms, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, and garlic. Not much, maybe 1.5 cups. That, chicken broth, three tennis ball sized baked russets (skinned), a piece of leftover bacon, and a handful of nutritional yeast. Kids loved it, I like it too but think it needs cayenne and more garlic.

Didn't blend it for near the time their website suggests for their potato soup though. Maybe two minutes on high.
Soups are so awesome in the vitamix

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #26
Saoirse
Rose Garden

Coming out into the Light!

Saoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond repute

I had a vitamix and lent it to BarefootBetsy. Since I had a tiny kitchen, I just told her to keep it since I really didn't have room for it.

Well, I was ready to get another one but heard great things about the Ninja. So I got a Ninja at Costco (it had the blender, food processor, and 3 single serve cups with the blade).

I've decided when DD moves out someday, I'm giving her the Ninja and buying another Vitamix.

I miss my Vitamix. I'm not at all happy with the blender of the Ninja. It just doesn't obliterate things like the Vitamix does.

"A victim lives in fear. A Survivor endures. A victim is weak and powerless, paying for what was not her doing.
A Survivor has grown strong because she knows the price is not hers to pay, the sin is not hers to atone." - unknown

Alis volat propriis

SingleFabulousMamas unite!
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote