Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-03-2021, 03:26 PM   #1
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Norwex

The thread on reducing waste reminded me that for several years I have been thinking about trying out Norwex products. Unfortunately I don't know anyone right now who is selling or hosting. So if you are or know of someone please let me know. Also if you use Norwex products what are your must haves. Does the Mop do a good job? I'm mostly thinking of bathroom cleaning. I use Clorox wipes to clean in there right now but they always irritate my hands and the smells of most spray cleaners give me headaches even some natural ones I've tried. I've been using a swifter with the wet pads for my floors for several years now but am open to switching if it really does a good job.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:35 PM   #2
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norwex

Not Norwex but I love my Shark steam mop. Washable pads. No residue left on floors.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #3
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of reviews on Amazon for Norwex products. I've seen plenty of customers comparing Norwex directly other less expensive products, like e-cloth. (The e-cloth, can hold its own.) People seem to really rave about the Norwex dusting mitt, though.

I use a Shark steam mop also. It works well. For anything super gunky or stuck (like waffle batter drips that dry before anyone notices ) I spritz first with vinegar/water spray, scrape up with a plastic pan scraper (like the ones that come with Pampered Chef stoneware), then mop.

Mr. Clean Magic erasers are fantastic, too, especially for grimy spots and crayon marks. There are no chemicals in the original ones, but they only last for one or two jobs before shredding.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
Llee (01-04-2021), rdsmommy (01-03-2021), Vicki_T (01-04-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 07:02 PM   #4
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute

A friend on my Facebook sells it if you would like the information I can try and connect you with her.

I love the wash cloths.... I use them in my car to clean my hands off with plain water while out doing errands. I feel better about germ control.....my husband can't use hand sanitizer.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maedchen For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 07:03 PM   #5
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have a shark steam mop years ago but I noticed that if I wiped the floor after mopping it was still dirty even though I washed the mopping pad after every use. It also felt like a hassle to use. I've had other washable MOPS as well but none of them clean as well as the stiffer that's why I'm hesitant to spend the money on the norwex mop. I've never heard of ecloths. I'll have to look them up.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:42 PM   #6
passthemanna
Rose Garden

"...to do justice,and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God..." Mi 6:8

passthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who sells Norwex. She also runs a housekeeping business that seems to be pretty successful, so I believe she probably knows good products. I just don't have the money to splurge on it at this time.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Photographer at Grace and Gratitude by TLC
https://www.facebook.com/GraceandGra...TLC/?ref=br_rs
passthemanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:03 PM   #7
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
There are a lot of reviews on Amazon for Norwex products. I've seen plenty of customers comparing Norwex directly other less expensive products, like e-cloth. (The e-cloth, can hold its own.) People seem to really rave about the Norwex dusting mitt, though.
I've found this to be true for every single MLM. You can find products of similar or better quality for a lower price.

I bought a microfiber dusting mitt off Amazon after seeing the Norwex one. It's been great and cost about half the price.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
I used to have a shark steam mop years ago but I noticed that if I wiped the floor after mopping it was still dirty even though I washed the mopping pad after every use. It also felt like a hassle to use. I've had other washable MOPS as well but none of them clean as well as the stiffer that's why I'm hesitant to spend the money on the norwex mop. I've never heard of ecloths. I'll have to look them up.
That's a bummer.

I rinse the pad for my steam mop really well in the sink after each use to remove any loose dirt. Then it goes into the laundry. I have the microfiber pads that also have the scrubby stripes. I go through two pads (both sides) each time I do my floors. I haven't had any issues with the floor still being dirty after.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (01-11-2021), rdsmommy (01-04-2021), Victorious (01-04-2021), ViolaMum (01-04-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 03:01 AM   #8
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

I use and love my Norwex

The dusting mitt was what sold me on it....I've tried lots of others and the Norwex one is amazing
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (01-10-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 09:30 AM   #9
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve used most norwex and been unimpressed. A few I returned. I’ve Used e cloths half of forever and someone finally convinced me to try. I asked for my money back and told them the products were no better than my other microfiber. . I kept the small facial cloths we used for stage make up removal cloths but no one wanted them replaced when they were stained behind recognition LOL

Love my sh mop and my steam mop (washable heads. We had 8 rooms w hardwood when I bought it so I have a dozen and had 2 mops at the time LOL)

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #10
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy2boys View Post
I use and love my Norwex

The dusting mitt was what sold me on it....I've tried lots of others and the Norwex one is amazing
Thank you. After reading comparisons between ecloth and norwex I think I'm going to go with ecloth for basic cleaning cloths but I might get the norwex dusting mitt. I am still undecided about the mop.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #11
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy2boys View Post
I use and love my Norwex

What do you think makes the Norwex mitt better than others?
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:04 PM   #12
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
I kept the small facial cloths we used for stage make up removal cloths but no one wanted them replaced when they were stained behind recognition LOL
I have Face Silks and they are amazing. I wash my face, whether I'm wearing makeup or not, with just water and a Face Silk.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:11 PM   #13
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
I’ve used most norwex and been unimpressed. A few I returned. I’ve Used e cloths half of forever and someone finally convinced me to try. I asked for my money back and told them the products were no better than my other microfiber. . I kept the small facial cloths we used for stage make up removal cloths but no one wanted them replaced when they were stained behind recognition LOL

Love my sh mop and my steam mop (washable heads. We had 8 rooms w hardwood when I bought it so I have a dozen and had 2 mops at the time LOL)
Just checking: you didn't like ecloth or norwex?? Or just norwex.

I hadn't ever heard of e cloth until this thread but the reviews seem positive.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM   #14
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. I did not like norwex . Except the facial cloths

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (01-10-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 07:50 PM   #15
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
What do you think makes the Norwex mitt better than others?
It picked up the dust soooo much better than the others and the dust stayed away longer. Usually when I dust (and I tried lots of other cloths etc) the dust was back very quickly, if not instantly.

Everybody will have their own opinion but my Norwex products are the best money I've ever spent and reduced my chemical use as well
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (01-11-2021), ViolaMum (01-13-2021)