Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 06-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #226
JosiAtara
Rosebud

JosiAtara will become famous soon enoughJosiAtara will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My teeth are remineralizing.

Okay, there's now 15 pages here and I don't have time to search to see just what everyone is talking about, would someone be willing to fill me in? Y'all are mentioning a cavity-free book, what is this? And I saw something about avoiding nuts, what is the reason for that?
JosiAtara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #227
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosiAtara View Post
Okay, there's now 15 pages here and I don't have time to search to see just what everyone is talking about, would someone be willing to fill me in? Y'all are mentioning a cavity-free book, what is this? And I saw something about avoiding nuts, what is the reason for that?
Cure Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel. Has really helped some, not helped others.

Nuts (except for macadamia, cashew, and hazelnut) and vegetable oils (except coconut, palm and olive) are very high in polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). Excessive PUFA consumption causes inflammation. (Your body actually triggers a needed inflammation response by releasing a specific PUFA at the cellular level). blog post about nut issues http://katedeering.com/archives/1076

Last edited by Soliloquy; 06-01-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (06-01-2013), JosiAtara (06-03-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #228
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
Yes, weight management is an opt-in forum.

I'll start one in NH2 since there is interest.

Sent from my Droid Razr via Tapatalk 2 via Swype
I can't find it
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #229
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Weight Management or the new thread? (I haven't started the new thread, yet. I've been really busy.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
marigold (06-02-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #230
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigold View Post
No legumes, the soaking is beyond my time capabilities right now and until recently I was only allowing myself and the kids one piece of fruit a day at breakie in conjunction with eggs and bacon/sausage. Right now we are doing slightly more fruit but I try to keep it paired with protien like yogurt, cheese, nut butter, etc...

I just keep reading and researching on-line. I want to start adding the gluten free seeds like buck wheat and such back in as well. I will have to keep the grains eliminated though because my whole family (MIL, dh, kids) are celiac/gluten sensitive and we are seeing sensitivities to the non-traditionally gluten grains as well (ex. = corn and rice) and I've a nursing toddler and a babe on the way that I don't wish to cross contaminate
What about potatoes, sweet potatoes, and tapioca?

The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
marigold (06-02-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #231
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of

Quote:
What about potatoes, sweet potatoes, and tapioca?

We have been eating potatoes till they come out our whazoo, roasted, home oven fries, boiled, mashed, baked, occasionally alternating with Korean style sweet potatoes noodles and yams. Yum. Oh my SIL who lives in Angola sent us some dried cassava/manioc flakes. I have been mixing them with flax, hemp, chia, and pumpkin seeds the last few days and throwing it all into warm milk; when topped with some fresh banana and strawberry it makes a delicious porridge.
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
Old 06-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #232
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Quote:
It would've been weird to me, too, if I hadn't experienced something similar.

Die off and/or detox should only last a few days, a few weeks if you're in really bad shape. Then rebuilding and healing should be taking place simultaneously. Detox should continue in the background, pretty much unnoticed. If you're continuing to experience negative symptoms, something's not right, IMO, and you should try to figure that out ASAP. (I really wish that I had done that sooner, rather than religiously sticking to an idea.)
Oh im sorry I didnt mean to imply that it was weird that trying to heal ones cavities and having this happen was weird. I ment her symptoms were weird. And like you, something isnt right. Which was why I offered a few questions to help her figure out if there was anything she could think of that might be causing it.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #233
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I wasn't offended! It IS weird to me that a protocol that has helped some heal their teeth makes others worse.

Marigold- have you considered cutting back on seeds?

Old 06-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #234
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone used oregano oil? My irl friend sats her dentist complimented her on her improved oral health. She had stopped using toothpaste after her last dentist appt 8months ago and had been using one drop of oregano oil instead.
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stiina For This Useful Post:
me (06-06-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #235
marigold
Rose Trellis

I am just in the process of adding them back in, they went out with the whole soaking issue of Weston Price along with the grains and nuts for a while even. I have been managing to soak and re-dry our nuts - we don't eat that many. Now I'm doing some sunflower and pumpkin seed too. Flax, chia and hemp I haven't been soaking but I'm starting to eat them a bit more.
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
Old 06-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #236
JosiAtara
Rosebud

JosiAtara will become famous soon enoughJosiAtara will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiina View Post
Anyone used oregano oil? My irl friend sats her dentist complimented her on her improved oral health. She had stopped using toothpaste after her last dentist appt 8months ago and had been using one drop of oregano oil instead.
I haven't done this, but am curious what she's doing with it, brushing with the oil? Just taking the oil?

(I have bad teeth and was incredibly unimpressed with my last dentist appointment and don't want to spend money on toothpaste if I can help it)
JosiAtara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JosiAtara For This Useful Post:
Stiina (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #237
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

One drop on her toothbrush.
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stiina For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (06-04-2013), JosiAtara (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #238
marigold
Rose Trellis

I have been messing around with homemade toothpaste, trying to find something the kids will use. They have finally agreed to brush their teeth with a mix of birch xylitol, arrowroot (which contains calcium) and a little water. No grain, no glycerin. We are not steady xylitol users, but I don't mind tiny amounts like this.
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #239
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I love Earthpaste.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #240
Sundance
Rose Garden

Sundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigold View Post
I have been messing around with homemade toothpaste, trying to find something the kids will use. They have finally agreed to brush their teeth with a mix of birch xylitol, arrowroot (which contains calcium) and a little water. No grain, no glycerin. We are not steady xylitol users, but I don't mind tiny amounts like this.
Where do you find birch xylitol? The stuff I currently have is corn.

Wife to my Lumberjack,

Mom to DD1 (May 2007), DS (April 2009) &
DD2 (July 2011), DD3 (October 2013)
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote