Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #91
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Back when we lived in an apartment I had a 3 ring binder. I typed out a schedule and a page for each room with a list of tasks. It worked really well for me because I had something right there in writing and I could check it off. I need to do it for this house too but I can't quite figure out something workable yet.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:34 PM   #92
herbalwriter

If ds had not broken my printer - which is on the floor because there is *no* level surface left in the house - then maybe I could do that.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #93
NayneeNoo
Rose Garden

NayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious how everyone was doing. It's been a very long time since anyone posted. I know with the holidays coming up quickly, I want my house to be in tip top shape. I'm thinking I'll start doing the little challenge where you get rid of x amount of things every week (I can't remember the amount?)....we really need to get rid of some stuff in order to help keep the "messies" down. I'm thinking I can get some of my living room done today whie Hope naps. I hate being a messie!
Connor, held for a short time (2-2-07)
Aubrey (6-30-09)
Luke (4-18-11)
Jackson (4-24-15)
Parker (4-24-15)
NayneeNoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #94
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I actually got buried again but have been coming out of it since middle of the week.
And, I actually went through a pile of clothes that had been blocking a closet and sorted them by size. They are still in piles, as I have more to go through, but I was able to get into the closet.
I also went through the children's socks and took out the newborn socks and seperated the socks that fit them into A's and N's (they had all been in the same drawer) and put them in seperate drawers and now each has their own sock drawer.
This is a big accomplishment for me, even though it seems like nothing, LOL.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #95
NayneeNoo
Rose Garden

NayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond repute

To us messies, every little thing is a big accomplishment because it means that we've actually buckled down and DONE something that is not "normal" for us. Good job mama!
Connor, held for a short time (2-2-07)
Aubrey (6-30-09)
Luke (4-18-11)
Jackson (4-24-15)
Parker (4-24-15)
NayneeNoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:53 PM   #96
Jillian

Yeah, you can count me in - that's me, messy and late!

I grew up in a super clean house. Like my mom had issues clean. So I don't know how to balance a clean, but lived in, yet comfortable house. I either go super crazy and CLEAN everything, but then can't maintain that. So then I go to the opposite extreme and it's a mess again.

I've come up with a schedule that should work, yet can't get caught up enough to follow it. Right now, my sister and her family of 4 are staying with us. They should be leaving within the next couple weeks and that will help, I'm sure. I wish I had a full week of childcare and meals set up so I could just focus on cleaning house! Declutter, organize and scrub every surface. THEN I could keep up!

Looking forward to the motivation from you guys!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #97
Maggie
Deactivated

love

Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'm so excited to see this thread! I only read the first post, so there might be something I'm not commenting on. I really struggle in this area. I'm overwhelmed at all of our clutter and it's hard to know where to start. I really *want* to be organized, but it's so hard for me. I hardly ever clean, only when something is really bad. What I would really like to do is spend several hours on the house one weekend and really get it straightened up (which we may do soon since family is coming next weekend) and then - and this is the important part and the hard part - do DAILY upkeep. I really need the inspiration and encouragement of this thread! Thanks for starting it!
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #98
kwisie
Rose Garden

kwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond repute

You mean I'm not the only one who isn't gifted in the housekeeping area? It's nice to not be alone. I need to read some more of this thread to get some ideas on keeping things clean.

Wielder of the Sparkly Pencil of Sneak-Attack Silliness.
Flowery Sunshine Power Woman
kwisie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #99
herbalwriter

I can't tell you how to keep things clean, but I can tell you how to become comfortable in your own personal pigsty.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:30 PM   #100
Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
I can't tell you how to keep things clean, but I can tell you how to become comfortable in your own personal pigsty.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #101
Maggie
Deactivated

love

Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #102
ChristianMother27

one of the biggest things i've found that helps me is first, get it clean. then to maintain, i always make sure i do my cleaning first thing in the morning. if i get comfy on the computer, or reading, or watching tv or something, then i'm less motivated to actually get up off my butt and do the work... and then before i know it i have a weeks worth of daily cleaning to catch up on and it takes like 5 times longer than it would have... not to mention how unmotivating it is to do it *then*

plus if i get the bulk of my work done in the morning it's more reason to relax and play the rest of the day
Old 10-28-2006, 07:41 PM   #103
kwisie
Rose Garden

kwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm already at that point. I guess I jusy feel like I should be better.

Wielder of the Sparkly Pencil of Sneak-Attack Silliness.
Flowery Sunshine Power Woman
kwisie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #104
AdrienneQW
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

AdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond repute

The good news is I've kept my dining room, family room, and kitchen clean since I first posted September 15th. The bad news is, I haven't made much more progress. The terrifying news - Thanksgiving is at MY HOUSE this year. <dumbfounded stare> My MIL is the ultimate hostess - impeccable home, best cook ever, incredibly gracious. All family functions have always been at her house. My FIL passed away this summer and Mom just isn't up to having the holidays at her house, so she asked me (her only DD/DIL) to step in. Of course I said yes - not only is it the right thing to do, but my MIL is the most wonderful person I've ever known and I would do *anything* for her.

So Thanksgiving is at my house this year. <cringe>

I need to take some "before" photos and start making myself accountable on this thread. I've got less than four weeks before my home gets invaded by 35-40 relatives. And since our house used to belong to my DH's great aunt until she passed away and we bought it two years ago, many of the family members have not seen the improvements we made... so everybody is going to be alllllllll over the house, checking out every nook and cranny.

Oy.
Proud mama of Dexter (Feb 2002) and Celeste (April 2005)
Always loving Thomas William (03/04)
AdrienneQW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:22 AM   #105
Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrienneQW
The good news is I've kept my dining room, family room, and kitchen clean since I first posted September 15th. The bad news is, I haven't made much more progress. The terrifying news - Thanksgiving is at MY HOUSE this year. <dumbfounded stare> My MIL is the ultimate hostess - impeccable home, best cook ever, incredibly gracious. All family functions have always been at her house. My FIL passed away this summer and Mom just isn't up to having the holidays at her house, so she asked me (her only DD/DIL) to step in. Of course I said yes - not only is it the right thing to do, but my MIL is the most wonderful person I've ever known and I would do *anything* for her.

So Thanksgiving is at my house this year. <cringe>

I need to take some "before" photos and start making myself accountable on this thread. I've got less than four weeks before my home gets invaded by 35-40 relatives. And since our house used to belong to my DH's great aunt until she passed away and we bought it two years ago, many of the family members have not seen the improvements we made... so everybody is going to be alllllllll over the house, checking out every nook and cranny.

Oy.
Oh. My. That made my heart stop! I will pray for you. And I look forward to the "accountability" photos!