Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Dessert *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
ncsweetpea
Deactivated

ncsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favorite gluten free cookie recipes wanted!

I need to make Christmas cookies...and I want to try something besides chocolate chip. Any ideas? Recipes that you have tried and found yummy?
ncsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favorite gluten free cookie recipes wanted!

Can you do peanut butter?

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
ncsweetpea
Deactivated

ncsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond reputencsweetpea has a reputation beyond repute

yes, ma'am I can!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Autumn
Deactivated

Autumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn has a reputation beyond repute

These may be out because they're kind of chocolate chip, but the taste is different because of the peanut butter - and they're SO easy with only 4 ingredients

PB Chocolate Chippers

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350

Combine peanut butter, brown sugar and egg with spoon until well blended

Add chips and mix well

Placce heaping tablespoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet

Dip fork in granulated sugar and press cross-cross to 1/2 inch thickness

Bake about 10 minutes

Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheets

Cool on wire racks

Makes about 2 dozen (freeze up to 3 months)

Edited to add: we don't use the extra sugar or cross them with the fork, we just spoon them out like chocolate chip cookies. But there are all sorts of things you could do to them I didn't think they would work when I first saw the recipe because it didn't seem like it would hold together with just the ingredients listed, but they do and we all really like them

Last edited by Autumn; 02-11-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Autumn For This Useful Post:
~yogamom~ (12-09-2009)
Old 12-02-2009, 06:20 AM   #5
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute

That's the peanut butter cookie recipe I was going to suggest You can do the same ingredients without the chocolate chips and it's the perfect peanut butter cookie.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Oh, I also have a really yummy, but very time-intensive Swiss cookie recipe with almond meal instead of flour. LMK if you'd like it -- they're called Cinnamon Stars and you roll and cut them out like sugar cookies.

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #6
WI Mama05
Rose Garden

God, you've got this!

WI Mama05 has disabled reputation

I haven't tried them yet, but plan on checking to see if there are recipes on the glutenfreegoddess blog/site. I her recipes. AWESOME stuff there! and for more favorites here!
WI Mama05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
ChristmasGirl
Rose Garden

love~joy~peace

ChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a sugar cookie recipe from Reneandbaby that totally rocks!

Quote:
1 cup shortening (Spectrum)

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla

3 cups flour blend (I use 1 1/2 cups rice flour, and then 1 1/2 of a bean flour blend like Bob's Red Mill)

1 1/2 tsp xantham gum

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

You cream the shortening and sugar together, then add the eggs and vanilla. In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients (the flour, xantham, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.) Add flour mix to liquid mix until you can form a ball. I then chill it a few hours in the fridge to make it stiff enough to be rolled and cut.

For the icing, I do 1/4 cup shortening, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla

Spectrum shortening is made out of palm oil and not soy, so you end up with a soy free, dairy free, gluten free cookie! If you are not worried about soy, you can also use Earth's Balance instead of shortening.

❀married to my sweetie for 26 years
❀mom to Lizzie 24 and Eli 20
ChristmasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasGirl For This Useful Post:
Autumn (10-18-2010), sweetpeasmommy (12-03-2009), Thankfulforgrace (12-02-2009), TraceMama (12-02-2009)
Old 12-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
OliveJuice
Deactivated

Lord, I want to feel with Your heart, See the world through Your eyes

OliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond repute

These are delicious GF PB Kiss cookies

1 cup natural PB
1/2 cup raw sugar (sometimes I use regular sugar and it comes out fine)
1/2 cup GF flour mix
1 egg
Hershey's kisses

Combine first 4 ingredients and roll into balls. Slightly flatten on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 12 mins. Take out of oven and place Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie pressing down GENTLY. Bake another 5 minutes. Let cool ON the cookie sheet. These cookies are delicate when warm.
OliveJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #9
Lily
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Lily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond repute

Russian Tea Cakes

2 cups almond flour or other gf flour
1 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons powdered sugar + 1/2 cup for rolling

Mix everything together, form balls and bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. When cookies are almost room temp, roll in powdered sugar.

You can use butter alternatives like earth balance if you prefer.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lily For This Useful Post:
ncsweetpea (12-10-2009)
Old 12-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
OliveJuice
Deactivated

OliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond reputeOliveJuice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Russian Tea Cakes

1 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix everything together, form balls and bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. When cookies are almost room temp, roll in powdered sugar.

YUM! We make these with regular flour and GF ds REALLY wanted some of these!!! I'll try it!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
Mamaka
Deactivated

Mamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond reputeMamaka has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't tried this yet, but here's a recipe for GF gingerbread: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/mig...e_for_all.html
Mamaka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mamaka For This Useful Post:
ncsweetpea (12-10-2009)
Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
ncsweetpea
Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceMama View Post
That's the peanut butter cookie recipe I was going to suggest You can do the same ingredients without the chocolate chips and it's the perfect peanut butter cookie.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Oh, I also have a really yummy, but very time-intensive Swiss cookie recipe with almond meal instead of flour. LMK if you'd like it -- they're called Cinnamon Stars and you roll and cut them out like sugar cookies.
How time intensive??? Could I mix the dough in the food processor??

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Russian Tea Cakes

1 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla

This looks great! This was what I was thinking of...these sound a bit like wedding cookies.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #13
OliveJuice
Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsweetpea View Post

This looks great! This was what I was thinking of...these sound a bit like wedding cookies.

Exactly! I made Mexican wedding cakes and this is about the same recipe except with GF flour
Old 12-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #14
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you could make cake balls with gluten free cake mix.

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #15
ncsweetpea
Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaVA View Post
I bet you could make cake balls with gluten free cake mix.
I tried that...and they came out really gummy...