Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #421
Anne Ofalamo
Rose Blossom

~never lose your joy

Anne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

Another truck load (this time hubby's things from the carport and broken bikes) There are no shelves in the carport...just space..so happy! I poured bleach and scrubbed and sprayed it out...
smells so clean and fresh now!
I'm taking this week off to crochet and re-energize before jumping into kitchen next week!
Anne Ofalamo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anne Ofalamo For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (09-12-2015), RiverRock (09-08-2015)
Old 09-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #422
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

The garage sale is next weekend. My goal is to spend the week getting ready.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (09-12-2015)
Old 09-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #423
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

My house looks like a bomb went off!

I came home from a 7-week road trip with the girls, and our stuff is everywhere!

On top of that, I have 6 big bigs full of stuff for the consignment sale that is coming up. I had 2 days to get the data entry done, so all of that is exploded all over the homeschool room.

I CAN. NOT. WAIT. until I get this stuff tagged and up to the sale and get everything from our trip put away!

Anything that doesn't sell is being donated. It will be so good to get rid of this batch of things!

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #424
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

Hold me. . . My sentimental daughters are having their room painted and redecorated. They have so much stuff! I don't even want to move it back into their rooms but sorting it with them sounds like a recipe for hurt feelings all around. It was so much easier agent they were little and I could just make things vanish.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #425
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingJuniper View Post
Hold me. . . My sentimental daughters are having their room painted and redecorated. They have so much stuff! I don't even want to move it back into their rooms but sorting it with them sounds like a recipe for hurt feelings all around. It was so much easier agent they were little and I could just make things vanish.
Yes it will probably be horrid, but walking them through it will help them be able to get rid of things when they are on there own. You are teaching then a life skill.

You can do this and keep repeating 'You can't keep everything and have a nice room.'
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (09-12-2015), WanderingJuniper (09-14-2015)
Old 09-13-2015, 07:18 PM   #426
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

DH and I worked on the room that doubles as a library/office and a dressing room for the adults. (Our sleeping room is wall to wall beds, so clothes had to move elsewhere.) We got rid of SO much stuff. Probably 3 smallish boxes of books and several bags of paperwork for recycling, all gone. Then DH organized all the books (his deal, not mine, despite the fact that I love organizing and he doesn't.) For the first time since we moved in 5 years ago, the books are organized and on shelves. It looks great!

The Following User Says Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (09-13-2015)
Old 09-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #427
Anne Ofalamo
Rose Blossom

~never lose your joy

Anne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of light

my kitchen is on the agenda this week! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
Twinky Dinks(girls-identical twins) (16)
the Beast (10)
Whit (8)
Little man (7)
Bits of our LIfe Blog
Anne Ofalamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:03 PM   #428
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

Between sick kids, out of town husband and generally adjusting to the baby, it one step forward and three steps back. So my new plan is to pick one section of one room and only do that area for the day. (Or week if that is what it takes). I am hopeful that by the end of the year my kitchen and bedroom will be cleared out and organized.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
Blue-EyedLady (09-13-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #429
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
Yes it will probably be horrid, but walking them through it will help them be able to get rid of things when they are on there own. You are teaching then a life skill.

You can do this and keep repeating 'You can't keep everything and have a nice room.'
The one that really surprised me was my younger daughter she filled 2 trash bags! I held stuff up and she told me what to do with it. I was amazed by how much she was ready to toss so her room could feel comfy in the long run.

My oldest did well too. She had less that we thought but was hoarding last year's school notes in case she needed them again. I kindly reminded her we have books, and Google and library cards if she needs the info again.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WanderingJuniper For This Useful Post:
knitlove (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 05:18 PM   #430
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a lot of good work!
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
WanderingJuniper (09-15-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 07:46 PM   #431
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I decluttered my one little corner in the kitchen. And then I managed to get some things to take to Goodwill in the morning. I am doing that as soon as I drop off Ivy.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
WanderingJuniper (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #432
Leslie
Rose Garden

Genteel Princess Mollie

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I'm still doing the KonMari that I started a few months ago. I got side-tracked digitizing all my kids' drawings and schoolwork. That was a few-weeks process
And now photos are done. Seven boxes, which I culled and then scanned -- over 2,000 scanned photos. Then culled some more, saving hard copies of only those photos that I'd consider risking my life to go into a burning house to retrieve. Half of those are in two compact photo albums, and the rest are wrapped and ready to grab, and placed next to my favorite books (which includes the compact photo albums). If ever I have to leave in a hurry, all my favorite stuff is in one place, ready to throw in a box and go.

And if even that fails, my photo scans (and scans of the kids' cute drawings) live on a nano jump drive that I carry in my purse and a few CD's in a safe deposit box.

I feel like I've made a quick first pass through my house, and now that the biggest and most important job is done (culling, scanning, and saving papers and photos), I'm ready to take more time doing a second pass.
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leslie For This Useful Post:
Blue-EyedLady (09-15-2015), sunflowermom (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #433
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

What a great idea. Do you save the scans as PDFs?

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #434
Leslie
Rose Garden

Genteel Princess Mollie

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm saving them as jpg's.

Now that it's done, I feel lost, like I've been working on that so much and now it's done, I don't know what to do with myself.
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #435
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Garage sale this weekend, a d we made about $200. We took a bunch of the leftovers to the thrift store, and I'm working on selling individual items on Facebook. Anything I can't sell goes in my mom's garage sale next month, and then leftovers from that will be donated.

Hopefully all this work will be worth it. (The selling, not the decluttering . I know the decluttering is totally worth it.