Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #451
Kirkie
Rose Bouquet

Kirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to all
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

Last edited by Kirkie; 01-20-2016 at 09:52 PM.
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kirkie For This Useful Post:
Blue-EyedLady (01-04-2016), KarenBoo (01-06-2016), knitlove (01-05-2016), rjy9343 (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #452
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I cleaned out my van and threw out a bag full of trash and vacuumed up that much more food and assorted trash. I couldn't believe how much was in that van in just a month.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #453
FlyingBlueKiwi
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

FlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Cleaned a ton of paper out of my study. Have a bunch more to scan, shred and recycle but the room is 1000x better!

Go Team Lioness!!!
FlyingBlueKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingBlueKiwi For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (01-05-2016), sunflowermom (01-06-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 06:48 PM   #454
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing how much of a mess paper makes. One sheet here or there and the next thing you know, you look like a paper mill loading dock.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
BestLaidPlans (01-11-2016), Blue-EyedLady (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 06:53 PM   #455
Kirkie
Rose Bouquet

Kirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to all

Last edited by Kirkie; 01-20-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #456
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkie View Post
I have a huge stack of DD1's artwork that has been sitting around waiting for scanning for...well, some of it might have been there a couple of years now, so long that I don't even remember how old she was when she did most of it. She doesn't like me to write, even on the back, the date or anything.
I coil bind my kids artwork. Of course they are big on drawing using printer paper, so I don't have tons of weird sizes.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #457
rjy9343
Rose Garden

I cleared out and organized the pantry. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Next for the cabinets.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #458
rjy9343
Rose Garden

I finally cleared out the cabinets. It wasn't as bad as I was thought it would be. A lot of it was just putting things where they made more sense. I did toss enough to fill a bag and almost filled a box of things to go. Next is the counters. Those probably are going to be a lot worse because there is so much that is just there that we don't see. But once I get that under control, it's going to stay clear.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #459
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I started tackling the art supplies today. Crayons and construction paper and all that stuff. Not to be confused with craft stuff which is all my sewing, scrapbooking supplies, etc. Gonna recognize after I get the baby to bed.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #460
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I very much wanted to procrastinate working on the art supplies last night, but since I had posted about the project, I felt obligated to follow through. Didn't throw much away, but the art supplies are organized and accessible, which should help keep them from turning into a disaster again.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #461
rjy9343
Rose Garden

I finished the kitchen!!!! The cabinets, the pantry, the counters and refrigerator are finally clean and clear. I didn't think I would ever get it done! I am going to start my bedroom after diner tonight.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
Blue-EyedLady (01-16-2016), ECingMama (01-17-2016), KarenBoo (01-17-2016), RiverRock (01-19-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 01:50 PM   #462
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Wow! The whole kitchen! Nice job!

Old 01-16-2016, 02:18 PM   #463
rjy9343
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-EyedLady View Post
Wow! The whole kitchen! Nice job!

It took me a little over a week to get it all done. But it is done. If I didn't have the baby, I could have done it while Ivy was in school. But babies need to be held, fed and entertained. So I had to do it during the evenings when James is home to hold Jacob and I only have so much left in me.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:29 AM   #464
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is doing so well with their de cluttering!!

I am hoping to get into cleaning stuff out when the kids go back to school next week. There is lots to go through so I think I will do one room per week, that way I can give it the attention it deserves
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:38 PM   #465
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

I tackled the coat closet. It was stuffed. How many coats does one person need? I was able to part with two and a puffy vest that I've had for too long and hardly wear. Now the coats have room to breathe.

Next is the hall closet which goes from orderly to a hot mess in just a few months.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says they are praying for Singingmom:
Maleldil's daughter (03-06-2016)