Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Cloth Diapering & EC *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* A public forum.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #16
Dana Joy
Deactivated

AKA "Mommy Piadosa" or on FB "PunkHippyMommy"

Dana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread

we had a seat adapter from big brother- you know the thing that goes on the big people toilet to make it smaller. what he likes about the baby bjorn is that it can be out in the family room next to his toys so we don't have to run off into the bathroom. i don't think that it is really any different then any other potty- just simple small and able to be moved from room to room.
Dana Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #17
olivegod2
Climbing Rose

olivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rough

I see. We are thinking About getting one of the toilet seat adapters for dd so she can get used to going potty on the big toilet. Like yesterday, we were at a friends house and she signed a few times that evening that she had to go potty so I put her on the toilet seat-and also I would ask her if she has to go potty. at home, we use a potty chair. Now while we are in public, I wait till she signs (which I know I should probably ask more) then I take her to the bathroom. But I hold her up over the toilet seat facing it. It is much more challenging to do. It is a hit or miss with that.

olivegod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #18
mamamachanteuse

I'm so glad this is a topic all to itself now. We started EC early on but I didn't do it regularly. We just started in earnest about a week ago and she is now signing potty several times a day. We caught 3 pps and 1poo poo today! Yea! She also liked to just go sit and have me read to her or let her throw tissue in the potty. She likes to tear it into little pieces and throw each one in. I'm trying to make a point of reading to/playing with her other than when she's on the potty too so she doesn't think she has to go potty just to get my undivided attention. Oh yeah she's 12 mo old.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #19
Ellyane

wow, there are people who EC here too?!?
We've been trying with my son since he was 6 months. Just recently we also started using cloth diapers part time. I think now he gets upset when he's wet (and in cloth) but I never think of that reason for his fussiness until after the fact. I really need to get more clued in to him!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #20
Amythestmama
Rose Garden

Amythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to start EC with dd 10 1/2 months. She likes to sit on her potty while she's wearing her diaper but not without it. She'll sit on the big toilet with me holding her but she won't go. Then when I take her off and lay her down to put the diaper back on, she goes. What do I do now? I suppose holding her longer on the pot, but she doesn't seem to get it yet. She loves to flush and pulls on the handle saying fwwsh
Old 06-29-2006, 08:01 AM   #21
Gentle Journey
Rose Garden

Gentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond repute

For those who sign, what sign do you use?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #22
olivegod2
Climbing Rose

olivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sara22
For those who sign, what sign do you use?
The one for toilet.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #23
Ellyane

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmama
I am trying to start EC with dd 10 1/2 months. She likes to sit on her potty while she's wearing her diaper but not without it. She'll sit on the big toilet with me holding her but she won't go. Then when I take her off and lay her down to put the diaper back on, she goes. What do I do now? I suppose holding her longer on the pot, but she doesn't seem to get it yet. She loves to flush and pulls on the handle saying fwwsh
Have you tried getting her to pee in her diaper while sitting on the toilet? Sometimes that's a good transitional step.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #24
Living My Dream
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

*Dream*Believe*Achieve*

Living My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond repute

As I am from UK the sign maybe different. I use the toilet sign which i was taught to put my indew finger right hand to the palm of left hand.

I recommend megansmama, laying a nappy in the bottom of the potty. That's what i read somewhere.

Living My Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #25
olivegod2
Climbing Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu
As I am from UK the sign maybe different. I use the toilet sign which i was taught to put my indew finger right hand to the palm of left hand.

Oh wow! I didn't even think the sign would be different.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #26
Living My Dream
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

*Dream*Believe*Achieve*

Living My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond reputeLiving My Dream has a reputation beyond repute

i never knew until i started teaching sign and realised that milk was completely different!

Old 07-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #27
olivegod2
Climbing Rose

I found this short little blurb on yahoo interesting about sign language world wide:

http://ask.yahoo.com/20040323.html

I guess that would make sense! So how long have you been teaching sign language?

Old 07-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #28
Living My Dream
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

*Dream*Believe*Achieve*

ooo gosh! Im not that talented. i have been teaching bits to my son since birth but realised i was teaching ASL not BSL lol

Old 07-30-2006, 09:09 AM   #29
Maggie
Deactivated

love

Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Luke is 12.5 months and I don't have a little potty, but I'm considering getting one and trying this out...maybe using a sign? Never really thought about ECing part-time until I read Kym's recent post. I wonder how this'll work!
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 PM   #30
JavaMama
Rose Garden

JavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see this thread here because I'm finally figuring out this EC thing, with my third babe being 10mo. She's waking up dry and peeing in the potty first thing in the morning (she squirms and crawls all over me, that's her signal LOL). I also got her to pee in the potty two other times today so we only used three diapers. I'm wondering if it will last though as she's madly crawling, cruising and wanting to walk really badly. And wanting to talk.

I'm waiting for the Joseph Garcia book to come in at the library, is there a website with baby signs?
Homebirthing mama and midwife

Always remembering my youngest brother JK, forever 14 months old
JavaMama is offline   Reply With Quote