Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:42 PM   #106
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May Dinners

My deep freeze went out today! I moved everything I could to the kitchen freezer. All my frozen pizzas were thawed, so we ate that tonight along with Caesar salad.

I've got at least 50lbs of venison and pork in my deep freeze with 2 blocks of dry ice. Everything re-froze (just a few things on the top actually thawed out) so I'm assuming it's working, but it still has a warning message. We can't tell if it was left open or not working. It's new so under warranty, and I'm not sure if it's just super quiet or what. I haven't paid that much attention! And I think today was our hottest day of the year so far! And freezer is in the garage. I'm praying the warning message is gone in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
charla (05-23-2019), Singingmom (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 04:51 AM   #107
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

The kids will have left over veggie fried rice and I think there may be left over orange chicken to go with it for ds.
eta: dh and I will eat out for our 16th anniversary.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #108
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
Those blackened fish tacos were really, really yummy. Remember this is a girl who really doesn't care for fish. I'm going to make this often, I think. It's pretty easy. The fish did fall apart in the skillet when I tried to turn it over, but I guess it was fine since we were eating it as tacos. I did add a little lemon to the fish because it makes it more palatable for me.
My children love fish and so often want it not dressed or seasoned. I on the other hand like to add things to my fish. It is a battle. I Rey think early bird would eat white fish or salmon baked with salt and lemon every day if if would feed it to her.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

For lunch today we are having artichokes because they were on sail and they are a favorite of early bird, lunch because Dh really doesn't care for them.

How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
charla (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #109
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
My children love fish and so often want it not dressed or seasoned. I on the other hand like to add things to my fish. It is a battle. I Rey think early bird would eat white fish or salmon baked with salt and lemon every day if if would feed it to her.

My kids, too, would eat fish every single day if I would make it. I'm the one that balks at it.

Tonight we are having chili in the crockpot! Last after ballet meal for this season!
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #110
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
The kids will have left over veggie fried rice and I think there may be left over orange chicken to go with it for ds.
eta: dh and I will eat out for our 16th anniversary.
Happy anniversary!

I don't have a plan yet tonight, but I'm envious of you whose kids will eat fish!!!

twoplustwo (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 12:04 PM   #111
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
Happy anniversary!

I don't have a plan yet tonight, but I'm envious of you whose kids will eat fish!!!

Thank you. Dd loves fish, ds will eat it but always pick something else if offered. I have to admit I have very good eaters. Ds used to be pretty picky but he has improved leaps and bounds as he has gotten older.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:44 PM   #112
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
Thank you. Dd loves fish, ds will eat it but always pick something else if offered. I have to admit I have very good eaters. Ds used to be pretty picky but he has improved leaps and bounds as he has gotten older.
I guess mine will eat fish. It's just not generally appreciated or requested! They are all decent eaters. I have one like your ds who has improved immensely from super picky to generally tolerant.

twoplustwo (05-28-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 10:15 PM   #113
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday was crockpot roast dinner - roast beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans with bacon, gravy, grapes, and leftover blueberry muffins from breakfast.

Today we had burgers and hotdogs on the grill with baked beans, corn on the cob and watermelon.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (05-28-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 10:36 PM   #114
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight we had french toast because early y has been asking for it and there is no way I can get it done for breakfast.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:55 AM   #115
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

We had King Ranch chicken last night. I'm glad I made 2 pans because the first one was totally gone. I now have a ton of leftovers but everyone likes this dish so it'll definitely get eaten.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:36 PM   #116
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight I served spaghetti with meat sauce and the broccoli salad I forgot to serve with last night's meal, which was cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, watermelon, and chips (welcome, summer! but please slow down, 95 degrees 10 days in a row is quite a start).

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #117
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

We had pepper steak with roasted peppers/onions, brown rice, and roasted green beans.
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:53 PM   #118
knitlove
Rose Garden

Chicken curry salid that I could preaped aheadof time and have ready when we walked in from park day

The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (05-28-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #119
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

The boys are making red beans & rice, refried beans and tortillas while I'm at violin with dd2.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
knitlove (05-29-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #120
charla
Administrator

Chiles rellenos, rice, zucchini saute with almonds

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save