Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #61
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Household notebooks

Here is the cover of my book.

It has 8 dividers in it, which I may end up changing once I'm used to what is working for me.
TrinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #62
Mama Calidad

I'm incredibly jealous now. Mine is so ugly...and I have not a crafty bone in my body.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #63
Katydid
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Katydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond repute

So pretty!
TrinMama (01-04-2010)
Old 01-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #64
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Calidad View Post
I'm incredibly jealous now. Mine is so ugly...and I have not a crafty bone in my body.
Well, it's pretty because it's from Target. I only added the ribbon and flower. I knew I had to have something pretty to look at, so that's why I hunted one out at Target. They have a lot, actually.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrinMama For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #65
Mama Calidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinMama View Post
Well, it's pretty because it's from Target. I only added the ribbon and flower. I knew I had to have something pretty to look at, so that's why I hunted one out at Target. They have a lot, actually.
Ohhh, "buy something at Target" is totally within my skill level.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #66
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is pretty simple but it works.

I have a pencil pouch with extra pens in it (lots of them, i keep losing them!) and my checkbook (otherwise i lose it)

The first page after that is our Emergency Contant Info. It says YOU ARE HERE at the top and then it has the basic info for all of us (just in case hubby needs it)

Address, housephone
my name and cell
hubby's name and workphone

Poison control and then a list of emergency contacts (which desperately needs to be updated) it has the grandparents because they're who we would call in an emergency.

When you turn that page, on the left side are some quotes that i like about blessing the home

the next page is my Emergency Quick Clean. Its for when the house is out of control and i just need a good starting point to get my routines started (because i fall away from them often) or for when i have guests coming over and i just don't know where to start with cleaning. This is it: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...d.php?t=216646

then when you turn the page on the left side is my morning routine, my afterlunch routine on the right.

the next page has my before bed routine (i rarely get around to it though ) and my weekly schedule(ish). which is in need of an update.

*sigh* I really want to update this binder BUT i don't have a printer and it just doesn't look pretty when i write it in by hand

After that is a detailed cleaning list (i picked it up from flylady) NO i don't get to getting everything done, but its good to see a list of things i CAN do in that room for that week because i seriously am a BAD housekeeper and i forget a LOT of things.

Then the rest of my book is for weekly recipe/shopping lists. I write out a menu for the week and all the things i have to buy to make that happen (including the stuff i already have) I write that all out and then i go to my cabinets and see what i already have, and cross those off the list. I'm left with a shopping list for the week

I have 4 menus/shopping lists right now. After that is a binder with paper in it for making my shopping lists and planning menus for other weeks

all our medical things are in a separate binder (bright red so its easy to spot) so they don't clutter up my HOUSEkeeping binder.

I keep a big calendar on the wall for appointments and use it daily. I get those BIG ones with huge daily areas and no monthly pictures. I use it to write down appointments, milestones, silly things DS says, and if i am feeling creative i get some pictures printed or use some of DS's artwork he made at school and use it as a sort of scrapbook for the year. When i feel up to it, i try to do 15 minutes of "zone work" in each designated area. http://flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Zones.asp
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadybugSam For This Useful Post:
monkeylicious (01-05-2010), TrinMama (01-04-2010)
Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #67
mipennsn
Rose Garden

mipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this thread... subbing since I don't have time tonight to read this and gather ideas. Too much to do to get ready for the in-laws tomorrow.
My GIRL H who is 7!

Full time mommy and breadwinner for my family

mipennsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #68
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

Thank you for sharing Sam! Great ideas! Could you go to the library and print the sheets you need to get your binder updated?

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #69
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

ArmsOfLove has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceMama View Post
Crystal, would you mind sharing how you organized homekeeping with 5 children as a right-brained person? I'd love to hear about it.

I've read "Organizing for the Creative Mind" and the things I'm going to try and incorporate this year are the To-Do list based on priority, a global overview of the month and upcoming months, and I'm going to experiment with organizing my day like the chronotebook (i.e. a clock at the center of the page and that's it).
part of it is accepting when the organized people I know insist I am organized and not continuing to focus on everything that remains undone that, I have decided, is just life

I keep a calendar in my purse--and I put everything in there as soon as it comes up. And it has the month at a glance and week at a glance so I can put the overview on the month aag and then the details on the appropriate page of the week aag. So the month might say "Dr. Cruz" and then on the date in the weekly pages I have the address and the reason for the appt, and whether it's for me or dh because we both see her

I learned a very key trick on the Christmas Notebook email list I joined years ago. When I put something on the calendar I figure out what is involved in it. Then I figure out how much time is needed to do it and what supplies I might need (from as simple as a full tank of gas for a drive to the groceries to make a special meal or a cake for a birthday, etc.). And I put those things on the calendar where they fit.

So, for instance, a birthday party means a menu which produces a grocery list and I figure out what day I can do the grocery shopping and then put THAT on the calendar so that it gets done--and nothing else is given that time slot. It also requires invites so I note when they need to be sent and how--and put that on the calendar. It requires gifts so I note when I can get them and figure out how much we can afford to spend.

I try to work backwards as much as possible.
ArmsOfLove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmsOfLove For This Useful Post:
CJNeeley (07-15-2012), TraceMama (01-05-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #70
LadybugSam
Deactivated

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codi View Post
Thank you for sharing Sam! Great ideas! Could you go to the library and print the sheets you need to get your binder updated?
Actually this thread really got me motivated and i asked my MIL if i could bring my zip drive over and print out some sheets on her computer so this week i'm going to be working on the word files and then i'll have it done by this weekend
Old 01-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #71
Forsynthianicki
Climbing Rose

Forsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of light

I'm this thread. My homekeeping journal has not been updated since 2003- 2004, when we were foster parents of 5-6. As ds gets older, we get busier, and I prepare to go back to school/work in the next year I have been thinking about it again. I am loving the scrapbook style home planner.

Here we go, the challenge: Stop researching, stop looking and planning, and do it...anyone other perpetual planners with me? My goal: Post a picture of what I have by Friday...even if it is still in the ugly binder.
Mom to:
J Bug dd, born at 21 weeks (2003) from our arms to God's
J Bean ds, "boundless energy" (2006)
Forsynthianicki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forsynthianicki For This Useful Post:
Codi (01-05-2010), TrinMama (01-05-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #72
LadybugSam
Deactivated

I'm with you Forsynthianicki! I'm GREAT at orginizing, but terrible at putting it into practice/keeping things orginized. That's exactly the kind of challenge i need.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #73
Codi
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugSam View Post
Actually this thread really got me motivated and i asked my MIL if i could bring my zip drive over and print out some sheets on her computer so this week i'm going to be working on the word files and then i'll have it done by this weekend
Awesome! Cant wait to see what you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsynthianicki View Post
I'm this thread. My homekeeping journal has not been updated since 2003- 2004, when we were foster parents of 5-6. As ds gets older, we get busier, and I prepare to go back to school/work in the next year I have been thinking about it again. I am loving the scrapbook style home planner.

Here we go, the challenge: Stop researching, stop looking and planning, and do it...anyone other perpetual planners with me? My goal: Post a picture of what I have by Friday...even if it is still in the ugly binder.

Challenge accepted!

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Old 01-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #74
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsynthianicki View Post

Can't wait to see it!!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #75
Codi
Rose Garden

Right now, I am using this link http://delightinreallife.com/pages/printables.htm and going through and typing up my own pages. I'd much rather have the info typed and printed than hand written in.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Ok actually, only the first 2 pages were things I want to use in my book. So off to find other ideas.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8