Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting marker off wooden blocks

We have a high quality and expensive set of wooden unit building blocks. When I wasn't looking Margaret colored all over some with dry erase markers. I've tried wipes soap cleaning spray baking soda magic eraser and an sos pad.. none have worked. Any other suggestions or are we out of luck?
Old 10-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting marker off wooden blocks

what finish do they have? Can you sand them?
Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmummy07 View Post
what finish do they have? Can you sand them?
They are these blocks http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1413657859638 I don't think they can be sanded without changing the integrity of them but I could be wrong?
Old 10-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

ThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe some linseed oil. It might affect the finish, but not necessarily in a way you won't like. Or even tung oil that is cut with some paint thinner.

And my kids were going to behave perfectly all the time and if they didn't, they'd be Dobsoned, but I was going to Dobson so perfectly that they'd know not to slip up but once or twice because I was going to be sooooooo consistent and awesome and wise.
ThreeKids is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThreeKids For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (10-18-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

It just says they're sanded, not oiled or anything, so I'd be tempted to try it in an inconspicuous spot
Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (10-18-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #6
Noelle

My 3 yr old colored on my friends kitchen cabinets with a permanent marker! It came right off with rubbing alcohol. However there was a finish on the cabinets. But you could try!
Old 10-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #7
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle View Post
My 3 yr old colored on my friends kitchen cabinets with a permanent marker! It came right off with rubbing alcohol. However there was a finish on the cabinets. But you could try!
tried it nope... The scribbles lightened not sure if I did get some layers off or the soap/ cleaners I used bleached it out or I'm just used to seeing them now but they do seem "better" they are obviously written on though. Thankfully it was just a few blocks. It was with Washable dry erase which you'd think would come off with ease....

Just kinda bummed because there are by far the most played with toys. Loved by the neighborhood kids and played just as much by Cecilia and her friends as Margaret and hers. They are true unit blocks so double as great homeschooling resources. These are the kinda sets that we will likely "never" part with and will save for the grandkids to play when they visit grandmas home I guess not they have a story to tell though.... Yes dear I know those are marked ask your mom..

Last edited by milkmommy; 10-19-2014 at 11:05 AM.
milkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to milkmommy For This Useful Post:
mamacat (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

My younger daughter wrote an S on walls and places all over hpuse as a toddler.Eventually most got painted over but now that she is a teen if find one it is endearing

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote