Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-08-2016, 03:20 AM   #1
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week 2

A new week! You will find the new points thread here http://gentlechristianmothers.com/co...d.php?t=520827

General question: is everybody ok with these threads being in the public homekeeping forum? I've been wondering about moving them to the picture forum for more privacy? But I also worry about excluding anyone who hasn't found the right options in their control panel yet.

My list for Saturday:
Get dressed
Return library books and buy vegan cheese
Help put the furniture back in the living room after the failed carpet fitting shenanigans
Pick up playroom
Hoover playroom and landing
Laundry- dark load and nappies

I think that's it today. I got a little over excited last week and burned myself out somewhat. This week I'm making an effort to slow down and stop being so perfectionist. I read a really interesting article that showed up in my FB feed last night about high functioning anxiety and the fear of 'not being good enough'. Listing everything out in these threads, and having DH home sick to validate how hard I actually work made me realise that the mental dialogue that goes on in my head after I 'clock out' for the day about what I didn't accomplish and how I fail at everything is unreasonable and unhealthy. With 3 disabled adults, a 9 year old, a 15month and 2 dogs at home all day and DH around at weekends, my house isn't going to look perfect, and it's ok if sometimes there is clutter on the window ledge and the toys don't get picked up at the end of the day. The truth is that no matter how much I do, there will always be something else to be done because that is the nature of having a family. I will NEVER get everything done because it isn't physically possible. I AM good enough. What I do is good enough.

Which is probably another thread on it's own but I shared it here incase anyone else is struggling with the same thing. My second habit is going to be 'clocking off' 30 minutes after I get the kids to bed no matter what 'still needs to be done' and working on my internal dialogue of self degradation and finding peace in just letting it be.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-11-2016), rdsmommy (10-10-2016), RiverRock (10-10-2016), Vicki_T (10-08-2016)
Old 10-08-2016, 08:36 AM   #2
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week 2

Thanks Isabel :Tu I'll check in properly later but I just wanted to say I'd prefer to be in a less public forum is possible, but if everyone else wants to stay here then that's fine too
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week 2

Ok, here's my to do list, though it's early evening now so I'm not going to be doing much more!

To do list - Saturday

- Laundry load
- Fold yesterday's laundry
- Put away yesterday's laundry

- 5 mins tidying
- 10 mins sorting emails
- Sweep dining room floor
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Quick clean of fridge
- Receive grocery shopping
- Buy cards for Dad and nieces
- Drop dd off at ballet and run errands in town

- Vacuum upstairs
- Quiet time
- 10 mins exercise
- music practice
- New habit 1 - use hand cream
- New habit 2 - lights off by 10:30

Hmm, it hasn't been a hugely productive day, but then weekends never are. I have to ferry dd1 to two classes, and today we stayed out in between them and ran a few errands but by the time we got home, it was time to start dinner. Tomorrow morning will be taken up with church and hopefully the afternoon will be quiet!

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-08-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #4
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday I got 3 things done of my list. Today I got very little done as we were out all day for my nieces bday.

My list for tomorrow:
* Start stage 2 of nappy laundry and start towel load
* Breakfast and meds
* Prep chicken noodle soup for lunch
* Life of Fred and Daily Grams
* Set BB up on reading eggs while I clean kitchen

* Colouring and science
* Get dressed and feed pets
* Set BB up to play with play doh for OT
* Clean bathroom (up)
* Atleast put Pram fabrics in a bag to go up the loft
* Dry nappies
* Shower
* Pack changing bag to go out for dinner with my family for nieces bday
unnecessary because we've had to cancel dinner due to various illnesses
* Wrap her present and write her card

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-10-2016 at 02:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-09-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 11:48 PM   #5
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

I didn't make a Sunday list because I just planned to keep things ticking over, but in fact I got 780 points just doing that and also making time for quiet time, bonding and new habits . Here's Monday's list :

- Laundry load

- 5 mins tidying
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Vacuum upstairs
- Sponsor child's Christmas card
- Email/admin time
- Quiet time
- 10 mins exercise
- music practice

Didn't do so well with my list today! I did end up having a pretty busy day, and was out of the house for longer than I expected. Tomorrow's list might need to be long!

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-10-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:33 AM   #6
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Well I woke up this morning with what I suspect is vertigo; every time I move my head the room spins. So I'm not sure how well I'll do today :/

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Old 10-10-2016, 06:06 AM   #7
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmummy07 View Post
Well I woke up this morning with what I suspect is vertigo; every time I move my head the room spins. So I'm not sure how well I'll do today :/
Oh no! I hope it doesn't last long
Old 10-10-2016, 01:44 PM   #8
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

It's already 3:40pm so I'm not sure how much I'll get done. We had a busy morning.
So far...
I took the kids to report day with co-op
Went to the park
Did school with the kids

I still want to...
Wash dishes
Dry the laundry from this morning and put it away
Wash another load
Make dinner
Empty the vacuum cleaner
Vacuum the living room rug
Sweep all the tile floors
Spend time with dh this evening
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #9
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Clocking out at 10.30

Tuesday's list;
Light laundry
Remake chicken noodle soup at request of BB
LOF, daily Grams, science,
creative writing, mathseeds
Lego challenge
Pick up, dust, Hoover and mop playroom
Pop to shop for herbs
Make dinner

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-11-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Vicki_T (10-11-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #10
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
It's already 3:40pm so I'm not sure how much I'll get done. We had a busy morning.
So far...
I took the kids to report day with co-op
Went to the park
Did school with the kids

I still want to...
Wash dishes
Dry the laundry from this morning and put it away
Wash another load
Make dinner
Empty the vacuum cleaner
Vacuum the living room rug
Sweep all the tile floors
Spend time with dh this evening
Dishes washed
Laundry dried
Second load washed
Floors swept
Vacuum cleaner emptied
Rug vacuumed
Laundry put away

Last edited by rdsmommy; 10-10-2016 at 05:58 PM.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
Earthmummy07 (10-11-2016), Vicki_T (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 01:43 AM   #11
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Tuesday's list:

- Laundry load

- Choose hotspots for tidying
- Tidy them!
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Vacuum upstairs and hallway
- Write sponsor child's Christmas card and DDad's birthday card

- Post cards!
- Quiet time

- Paper admin
- Email admin
- 10 minutes exercise
- music practice

Thanks Isabel for noticing that my list had gone wrong! I think it's sorted now. I do have to add something though - I can't post anything til I've bought stamps I should be able to get the stamps and post the letters when I drop the dds off at their evening activity though.

I'm off to bed in a few minutes... Got most things done! I'm doing ok at the day to day stuff that has to be done - cooking, loading and unloading the dishwasher, loads of laundry - and not so good at the weekly chores, especially the non-urgent ones. I'm wondering about planning to share chores throughout the week, or maybe focus on a particular room each day But then if we're out all day or get behind for some other reason, I wouldn't want to wait a whole week to get them done Does anyone have some kind of system for doing this?

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-11-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:43 AM   #12
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

It's 9.40 and I'm the laundry is in, the nappies I forgot about and left out on the line all night are in the dryer and the soup is simmering. just need a quick tidy up in the kitchen and we can start school.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-11-2016 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Because my phone thought I was making soap for lunch
Vicki_T (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 04:03 AM   #13
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

How are you feeling today Isabel? I'm glad you're not having soap for lunch
Old 10-11-2016, 06:14 AM   #14
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

I'm a little better today thankyou. 3/4 of us have come out in colds so I think the dizziness was the cold messing with my ears.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

That is a big list Vicki! You seem to have some things listed multiple times, though. If that intentional or a glitch?

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Vicki_T (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #15
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmummy07 View Post
I'm a little better today thankyou. 3/4 of us have come out in colds so I think the dizziness was the cold messing with my ears.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

That is a big list Vicki! You seem to have some things listed multiple times, though. If that intentional or a glitch?

Oops, a glitch! Not sure how that happened but I'll edit it now. And cross some things off - I've been relatively productive so far

Married to Pete
Mum to Rachel (15)
Elizabeth (12)
and Elijah (9)