Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Cherish
Rose Trellis

Words are Worlds

Cherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please give me drugs!

Or, help! I need pain relief and I need it yesteday!
I had a root canal yesterday (or half of one, the other half is scheduled to be done next week!) I'm in so much pain that I'm considering ripping the dadgum tooth right out of my head. I don't need it, really!
They gave me tylenol 3 and it doesn't help at all. I'm taking advil (too much and too often, I'm sure!) and still, I'm ready to curl up in a ball and just cry. It's excruciating. This can't be right, right? What do I tell the endondtist? Between my pain-fogged brain and her non-native english, I need the right words!

Can I use orajel? Is there some herb or natural thing I could try? Will one of you please come over here and hit me with a frying pan ala Tangled and knock me out? Does God still love me?
Cherish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for Cherish:
graciousmomma (07-18-2012), PrincessAnika (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Batesfamily5

Default Re: Please give me drugs!

Dental pain is the worse. I've heard oral gel or clove oil can help pain.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Cherish (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Barefoot Bookworm
Rose Garden

Barefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond repute

Clove oil.
Lamb (12),
Miss Mousie (11),
Billy Goat (9),
Wren and Hedgehog (5)!
Barefoot Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barefoot Bookworm For This Useful Post:
Cherish (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Cherish
Rose Trellis

Words are Worlds

Cherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond repute

clove oil, is that something you make or you buy?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
Barefoot Bookworm
Rose Garden

Barefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to find it at any health food store.
Lamb (12),
Miss Mousie (11),
Billy Goat (9),
Wren and Hedgehog (5)!
Barefoot Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barefoot Bookworm For This Useful Post:
Cherish (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Cherish
Rose Trellis

Words are Worlds

I called the doc (this quiet lil sweet lady who is auditioning for a part in the next Saw movie, I swear) and she thinks i'm anxious. lol, there's a big difference between anxiety and "Please God make it stop!" lol she wants me to take valium along with the codeine. Told her no, the codeine did not help at all. So now we're going with vicodin, which makes me hurl, so I will be getting benedryl with it. I guess I will wake up sometime next week? I'm so not taking the valium! Thanks for the hugs. Pray I don't go endondtist hunting in my sleep.

lol, sending non-crunchy husband to "hippi-fied health food store" (his words, not mine!), will be fun to see what he comes back with. Hopefully the actual clove oil!

Last edited by Cherish; 07-18-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

Piggy back the.maximum dose of advil for your weight with the tylenol with codine alternating by taking the dosages if the T3 is q4 hours, then two hours after taking it, you'd take your first dose of advil. Set reminders! Pain coverage is very time sensitive. For the first 3 dsys, take the meds at the shortest interval allowed by the dosing schedule.

Take nice hot baths. It will draw the.bloodflow from your head into your body. Ice your jaw while you bathe. Use epsom salts to help keep your muscular stress response low so that your pain threshold will be higher. Wear warm socks when you get out, for the same reason.

Pineapple and papaya are anti-inflammatory, so smoothies with them are helpful.

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
Cherish (07-18-2012), ECingMama (11-24-2017), GlacierLily (11-24-2017)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
Cherish
Rose Trellis

Words are Worlds

Thank you, Allison. I think I love you. It might be the drugs talking, but tears sprang up when I read your post. I'm gonna go take a warm epsom bath right now and have my dd blend up a papaya smoothie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cherish For This Useful Post:
milkdud (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Was also going to recommend an epsom salt bath.I have not heard of a 1/2 root canal before sounds like the worst kind of tortutre.can you call back and ask to get in there right away for othert1/2 or see someone else? IME wih root canals if the pain is that intense right after there is something wrong but since they didnt finish the root canal it is hard to say.I had 2 and had some discomfort after but didnt even use Ibuprofen because was pregnant at the time - with 3rd one had that kind of pain right after that you are describing that came and went for 2 yrs following.Went back to dentist so many times finally saw an endodontist who determined root had cracked during procedure.Might ask to have root examined miroscopically before you proceed with other 1/2 because would need an extraction then

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C

Last edited by mamacat; 07-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
Cherish (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

Yo can get clove oil at regular drug stores. It's in the tooth pain section and it's usually called Eugenol. It tastes BAD. So don't get it on your tongue!
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
Cherish (07-18-2012)
Old 11-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #11
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually IIRC the rabbit in Weston Price’s experiment died but the person the root canal was removed from recovered. https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...canal-dangers/

I had my root canal teeth pulled. They were ruining my health. I developed strep throat for the first and only time in my life the very next day. 92% of root canals are found to harbor strep. I no longer have arthritis symptoms since having them pulled 6 years ago. Never having a root canal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (11-25-2017), GlacierLily (11-25-2017), mommychem (11-25-2017), Quiteria (11-25-2017), Soliloquy (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #12
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I also tested positive for strep when mine was removed.

Day after extraction.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (11-26-2017), mommychem (11-25-2017), Quiteria (11-25-2017), sweetpeasmommy (11-25-2017)