Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
Cherish
Rose Trellis

Words are Worlds

Cherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please give me drugs!

She's being so unfriendly to us...
The backstory might come into play? she had a daughter the same age as my son and we did meet up with them at the park one time to play with them. Her little girl had a rare brain tumor sort of thing and died over a year ago. We only barely knew them (our pediatric dentist shares the office across the hall, and she came out to play with my son while we were waiting one day. I'm wondering if her loss is somehow cropping up into this. I only knew the little girl had passed because someone at the pedi dentist told us. That's the only other interaction I've ever had with her, though... and it was all positive. I am sure she's very sad about that loss, it's soul-crushing. I'm trying to assign positive intent to her esp. for that reason, but she's really being kind of rude and hateful about it. We can't figure out why it took so long to do the first part of the root canal and why she did not finish it. My ds had one done on the same tooth and it took a fraction of the time.
Oh well. hopefully i can get in and out and recover fast. I have a speaking engagement friday night and right now i cannot open my mouth without howling in pain.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

so vicodin is every 6 hours. (taking benedryl with that, it helps me not get sick). Advil is every 4-6. Valium is unnecessary imo, so I am not taking that. She wants me to take it before I come in for the next appt. I keep trying to tell her that I'm a peaceful, non-anxious person. I'm not anxious at all and I don't want two drugs that make me sleepy (3 if you count the benedryl). Making myself a chart and setting alarms (thanks Allison for that idea. That will help esp. if I fall asleep!)
So appreciate you ladies. Honestly I am not a pain wimp, I've given birth sans meds more than once. I'd RATHER give birth than put up with this amount of pain, though!
Cherish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I had a root canal that was done in a few appointments a few years back. The reason was because my dentist was extra thorough, and he had to special order the crown, so we had to wait for that. I wonder if you have some infection in the tooth that is causing more pain than normal? I know my dentist was pretty adamant about taking care of infection so there would be no other problems.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #18
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

agree that it took 2 visits fr rot canal and then crown to be put on but didnt have the RC done in 2 parts - is the woman you are talking about the actual dentist or the rceptionist I would be tempted to go to another office after the experience there........

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #19
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

just checking in to see what happened today

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
Cherish
Rose Trellis

Words are Worlds

Cherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond reputeCherish has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to go to a different dentist to get a more permanent crown put on. The endodontist took 2 visits to get the root canal done. She was very defensive on the phone with us, and really, it made no sense. (we were as polite as possible). I think she might have hurt a nerve or something? Yesterday and last night there were times when it would suddenly shoot up to really high pain level and I screamed a few times. (I didn't even yell giving birth, or when I've broken bones, etc.) At one point I was begging my husband to take me to the ER and I'm so not a 'go to the hospital' person. She saw us first thing this morning (she moved all her patients to get me in because I was that desperate).
My husband was really clear with her (I couldn't talk much, even opening my jaw was agony) and told her 1) put me on antibiotics for possible infection, 2) examine roots to see if anything was fractured or damaged, 3) I'm not an anxious person and not to tell me to calm down at any point, 4) kindly finish this up and have extra novacaine handy.
I love having a very proactive husband for those days when I can't communicate well for myself.
She was super polite after that, and super apologetic. She did the work, but had to re-novacaine me 2 times. She seemed shocked that I could feel (and hurt badly) with what she was doing. She said I must burn through drugs much faster than a normal person. She also changed my dosage and time intervals on the painkillers. I am to take vicodin every 4 hours around the clock, and valium at bedtime and mid day. (Not going to do the valium). She also upped my advil intervals to 1000mg every 4 hours for the next two days.

I know she must not be very good at her job, though... she finished the work then took an x-ray and decided she had to drill through the temp. crown again and refill it some more! (She had said I was done, then decided to double check. Man, was I not happy about her having to redrill!) She wants me to come back to do an upper tooth where I lost a small amount of my filling. There's no way in hades that's gonna happen. I will have the regular dentist just refill it since it's causing me no trouble.

I managed to sleep almost all day today!!! I really needed it!
Thanks for the prayers and advice and hugs, I took ALL of the collected wisdom of you lovely women yesterday.
Cherish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cherish For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (07-19-2012)
The Following User Says they are praying for Cherish:
graciousmomma (07-19-2012)
Old 11-24-2017, 07:14 PM   #21
GlacierLily
Rose Garden

“Overcoming what frightens you the most strengthens you the most.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo

GlacierLily has disabled reputation

Wow I was looking wondering if I should get a root canal or extraction and I realize this post is years old but I wondered if your tooth ever got better and I'm SO SO sorry you went through that!!
GlacierLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:28 PM   #22
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I opted to have mine pulled instead of a root canal. I'll bbl with my reasons.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (11-24-2017), GlacierLily (11-24-2017), mommychem (11-25-2017), The Tickle Momster (11-25-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #23
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I opted to have mine pulled instead of a root canal. I'll bbl with my reasons.
I will NEVER get a root canal again.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (11-25-2017), mommychem (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 AM   #24
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Curious about your reasons.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #25
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of holistic doctors who believe W. A. Price's research about root canals and chronic health issues and have seen it in patients. In a nut shell, the tooth is dead but they fill up the nerve cavity with something and seal it off with a crown. But there are tiny spaces in there where bacteria flourish, often anaerobic bacteria. Dr. Price had so many patients with chronic health problems and root canals. He removed the tooth and surgically implanted it into a rabbit. The rabbit developed the same health issue that the person had, every single time. Removing the tooth and scraping out the nerve cavity improved the person's health.

So, there's that.

Secondly, it's just a scam. When I had a tooth that "needed" a root canal, I said I didn't want one. The dental assistant assumed I was afraid of the procedure and went on to tell me how nice and gentle their endo was when she had a root canal done. Her exact words, "I got three more years out of that tooth before it started hurting again and I needed to have it pulled." . She was very surprised when I told her that was very helpful, pull the tooth.

Teeth with a root canal all need to be pulled eventually, they start hurting again. A root canal is thousands of dollars. Having a tooth pulled is a couple hundred.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Beth1231 (11-25-2017), ECingMama (11-25-2017), GlacierLily (11-25-2017), mommychem (11-25-2017), Quiteria (11-25-2017), Reva (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 12:53 PM   #26
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

My tooth extraction was $60. Regular dentist.

I had a terrible infection for weeks. It was tooth. Didn't know til end that it was tooth.

Get tooth pulled in luteal phaseif you go that route.

My teeth do not seem to have shifted.
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #27
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually IIRC the rabbit in Weston Price’s experiment died but the person the root canal was removed from recovered. https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...canal-dangers/

I had my root canal teeth pulled. They were ruining my health. I developed strep throat for the first and only time in my life the very next day. 92% of root canals are found to harbor strep. I no longer have arthritis symptoms since having them pulled 6 years ago. Never having a root canal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (11-25-2017), GlacierLily (11-25-2017), mommychem (11-25-2017), Quiteria (11-25-2017), Soliloquy (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #28
ECingMama
Rose Garden

I also tested positive for strep when mine was removed.

Day after extraction.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (11-26-2017), mommychem (11-25-2017), Quiteria (11-25-2017), sweetpeasmommy (11-25-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 07:48 AM   #29
GlacierLily
Rose Garden

“Overcoming what frightens you the most strengthens you the most.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo

GlacierLily has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECingMama View Post
My tooth extraction was $60. Regular dentist.

I had a terrible infection for weeks. It was tooth. Didn't know til end that it was tooth.

Get tooth pulled in luteal phaseif you go that route.

My teeth do not seem to have shifted.

I think I'm just having it pulled. Why the Can you explain to me about the luteal phase?

Mama to our medical munchkin -3 (ASD,CHD, GDD medically complex & cognitively age 1 ) and super siblings !
GlacierLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #30
ECingMama
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierLily View Post
I think I'm just having it pulled. Why the Can you explain to me about the luteal phase?
I am prone to dry socket. It's more common when you have more estrogen in body, so pulling tooth after ovulation minimizes the risk as progesterone more dominate then. Dry socket is awful. No words.
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (11-26-2017)