Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post]
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] A place for both current homeschoolers/unschoolers and those who are considering homeschooling to find support.
A public forum. A read-only forum unless you join the corresponding usergroup here.

Please Note: Everyone can read this forum, and everyone is welcome to seek and offer homeschooling/unschooling support in this forum, but to post you must join the corresponding usergroup.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:57 AM   #1
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can't shop for two plus more weeks

and it's driving me crazy. I am planning to buy homeschooling items out of dh's August 15 bonus. ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH! This was not a good idea- I should have planned better.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says they are praying for Aerynne:
milkmommy (07-31-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can't shop for two plus more weeks

i forgot to budget so I’m figuring that out now

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (07-30-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 02:27 AM   #3
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!! A few of my resources aren't released until the end of August, stuff is going to be coming in very close to the start of school this year.
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 03:47 AM   #4
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know what I want to be shopping for

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 04:12 AM   #5
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

I feel your pain! I didn’t think about how our trip the second weekend in August would impact our school budget when I bumped it from the 4th to the 10th. We are go No to be stress cramming all the orders and shopping.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WanderingJuniper For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
kiloyd
Rose Garden

kiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Annoying, but it will be here soon.
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
kiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kiloyd For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 03:59 PM   #7
PrincessAnika
Rose Garden

dreaming of purple butterflies & bravehearted seahorsies :)

PrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond reputePrincessAnika has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't even planned my list yet. I do have some time for math at least, because we need to finish last years book first.
The rest....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Angel m/c 6/12/07 @39d, 4/19/16 @6dpo, 8/3/16 @37d
DD1 - K (peanut) 7/26/09
DD2 - M (monkey) 4/19/11
DS1 - C (squishy) 3/23/13
DS2 - J (rascal) 2/4/15
DS3 - A 6/16/17
11/9/7/5/3

::Q:: I add a little excitement, a little spice, to your lives, and all you do is complain. Where is your adventurous spirit, your imagination?

add me on FB
ISFj/p - depends on the day of the week. type 2. i think.

PrincessAnika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessAnika For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 06:59 PM   #8
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

My kids both use Acellus for their core schooling which was $19.95 a month for both but they recently raised the price to $25 each so it will now be $50.. Honestly its still a great buy but it still came as a shock.

I bought Margarets other subject stuff back in April or May so thankfully we have that.

Cecilia will likely use some of Khan academy for Computer Science classes..

Paid $1,000 for Margarets Ballet classes for the year. Something that isn't 100% a homeschool thing but it is part of her Music and PE plus she able to do a slightly more involved schedule because of the flex with HS.

Cecilia will take another art class through the college which luckily wont cost us more than a $5 "bus pass"

SHe is dropping piano or rather we are she says she likes it but honestly never practices so were not wasting the money anymore.
She been begging to learn sewing and I found someone to teach her (because my skills are limited to buttons and hems) so she'll take lessons for that...

General School supplies I tend to keep it simple Margaret gets
new Pencils Crayons Map colors MArkers glue sticks and Sissors
2 spiral notebooks (general notes and writing assignments) plus Journal
2 pocket folders
Age appropriate dictionary
modeling clay
construction paper
st\ketch pad
new set of math counters/unit cubes/manuplitives (cause the old ones have grown legs)

Cecilia
spiral for each subject
pen
pencils
good dictionary/therasus
index cards
caculator
graphing paper

Sure other stuff gets bought as needed and we have an arsenal of odds and ends stuff but overall its these things that are our every day things. What we tend to buy all shiny and new...

But it has been hard we recently emptied about $9,000 of our saving for some general debt pay outs and medical billing.. That hurt

Mortgage is increasing $45 a month come August

Were soon going to get hit with al DH surgery bills above the $9,000 we paid...

Fun fun times.....
Aerynne (07-31-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #9
kiloyd
Rose Garden

kiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get to order yet?

I just got my last books for ds2
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
Old 08-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #10
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

ha! I guess one benefit of living up north where school doesn't start till September. We're still in full summer vacation mode not even thinking about school!

Tho... maybe I should start soon....
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
kiloyd (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #11
kiloyd
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
ha! I guess one benefit of living up north where school doesn't start till September. We're still in full summer vacation mode not even thinking about school!

dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
Old 08-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #12
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

We're not starting until September, either. But I'm definitely in planning mode!

I moved some money around and ordered a little, but not most of it by any means yet. Still waiting.

married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
kiloyd (08-13-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #13
Aerynne
Rose Garden

And in a fun turn of events, the money didn’t come. It had better be in his next paycheck!

married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

The Following User Says they are praying for Aerynne:
tempus vernum (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #14
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post

Really? Wow! Here in WI, all of the Milwaukee public middle and high schools have early start and started aug 13 (yesterday!)

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #15
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not buying much. Just Spell to Read and Write and The Wise Guide that goes with it. Everything we used last use can be used again this year since none of it was finished!
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Quiteria (08-14-2018)