Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #16
JPeriod
Climbing Rose

JPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to all
Default Re: Any keto mamas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticJourney View Post
The diet dr page said they THINK it has something to do with chemcials released at keto stage being excreted through sweat. For me it was bad under my arms and around my bra line. Is still have some dry patches from the damage done, but finally not so raw it hurts to use deoderant.
Yeah, don't think it's that at all for me. We've been very natural/organic for 8 years. I can literally turn the rash on and off with the amount of carbs within a day or two. I get it on the back of my neck so my hair covers it well, but the itching! Once it starts traveling around the front of my neck and people wonder if I have measles, I know it's time to turn it off.
& E. - The Spirited Spawn's Spirited Sister (DD 10/2010 My healing HBAC & forever grateful )
JPeriod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #17
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

I think the reaction to the rash/itching made it last so much longer etc.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #18
Taedareth
Rose Garden

The Doctor: If there's one thing I can't stand it's an unpunctual alien attack!

Taedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond repute

Does it help if you take a toxin-absorbing supplement like food-grade calcium bentonite? Or even just drinking a lot more water?

Soapmaker. Sourdough baker. Seed sower. Duck grower. Hungarian speaker. Torah seeker.

Keep within me / a stillness / deeper and sweeter / than a forest's / in mid of winter. ~Hebridean Altars
Taedareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #19
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedareth View Post
Does it help if you take a toxin-absorbing supplement like food-grade calcium bentonite? Or even just drinking a lot more water?
Didn't know to try the supplement. Don't know that I coud have taken in more water - I couldn't get enough at that point.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #20
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedareth View Post
Here's an interesting article about kids on keto. Did you know that the metabolism of a breastfed baby is naturally in a state of ketosis?

https://www.ketovangelist.com/is-keto-safe-for-kids/
So now I am confused. If babies are in keto and they are supposed to be tripling their weight in a year, why is this a good diet for adults?

I'm really not up for dieting until 2018, but I follow all these threads about the various diets. So interesting.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
bananacake (06-16-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #21
Taedareth
Rose Garden

The Doctor: If there's one thing I can't stand it's an unpunctual alien attack!

Taedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond repute

Ketosis is a state in which your body uses dietary fats for energy. Breastmilk is very high in fat, so a young baby who is exclusively breastfed is using dietary fats for fuel. They do put on some chub, but much of a baby's weight gain is from building bones, muscle, and brain tissue. So they're really not "gaining weight" in the same way that adults do (by packing excess fat tissue on our hips).

Soapmaker. Sourdough baker. Seed sower. Duck grower. Hungarian speaker. Torah seeker.

Keep within me / a stillness / deeper and sweeter / than a forest's / in mid of winter. ~Hebridean Altars
Taedareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #22
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

There are several formulas for figuring out how much protein to have. They generally put the protein pretty low. I aim for about 25 g per meal, and that's actually quite high. One formula I read in Mercola's new book had me at like 47 g of protein a day! I don't know how that's really feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I was answering this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody's mother View Post
So, between this thread and a person on fb selling some sort of keto product, I've begun to wonder if we might have been doing it wrong....we only tracked carbs - not proteins or fats. My book just says "higher fat, moderate protein" with no definitions. Would anyone care to share what levels worked for them and what that looked like in food terms? I really feel like it *ought* to work, like it *wanted* to....it just never quite got there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Keto Clarity is at my library, though both copies are unavailable.

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote