Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
kiloyd
Rose Garden

kiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Acupuncture

I have a consultation with an acupuncturist Thursday for my knee. I have never been but heard good things about it.

Was thrilled to find one in my city.

I cannot figure out what is wrong with my knee. The chiropractor adjusts it and it is better but not healing. It is just achy sometimes and I have fluid on my knee cap.

I walk every day but not as much as I want since it bothers my knee.

If you have had acupuncture done , what was it for and did it help?
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
kiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Hopetobe
Rose Garden

Hopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Acupuncture

I had acupuncture, and yes, I think it helped a lot. It was for HG. I had HG with DS and I wish I had known to try it then. Anyway, I tried it fairly early when I was pregnant with DD. Before I went, I felt very nauseous and was throwing up a lot, felt dehydrated, was really tired and worn out feeling, and I didn't want to eat or drink much at all. That was all with taking zofran. I had read that it might take a few sessions to work, but after the initial session, I actually stopped by a greek restaurant on the way home because I felt like eating a little bit! I also felt like I had more energy, which was awesome especially since I needed to take care of a toddler.

I definitely wasn't cured of HG - I still had to take zofran, felt nauseous and was throwing up, but I do think it had a significant impact.

I hope you get good results

ETA: Just a note - not all acupuncture practitioners are equal. I went to 3 different places that offered it and had different experiences. The first placed around 20-30 spots, the second around 12, and third was a chiro and did like only 4. I had the most results from the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrea INTP, DYT 4/1
Wife to B ~9yrs
Mom to
E 3yo & L 1yo
10/13/09

Last edited by Hopetobe; 12-09-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hopetobe For This Useful Post:
kiloyd (12-09-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
kiloyd
Rose Garden

kiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Acupuncture

Had the consultation. I have a bit of water on the knee. Not too bad, thankfully. Acupuncturist said she could help with the achiness, but not really fix it. Told me to do hot,cold, hot, cold and not to crawl or kneel on it (hard to do with a toddler) but I'll do the best I can.

She was fine that I keep walking. I'll stick to my 1-1.5 miles a day and not up it yet though.

I'll call her after New Years if I want to do a visit.
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
The Following User Says Thank You to kiloyd For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (12-11-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

If you're looking for something else to try, I highly recommend T-Tapp. I had a lot of injuries (including horrible knee pain) and fluid retention/lymph congestion and T-Tapp has been amazing. In fact, it is the only exercise I can do that actually helps my knees rather than making them worse. If you like to walk, you could do Step Away the Inches which is the T-Tapp walking workout (once you know it you can do it outside on your walks). You learn techniques to rehab your body instead of stressing it.

Regarding acupuncture, I went a few times and felt really relaxed but didn't have any other results. I think it is a good complement to other things but I don't know anybody that had amazing results from acupuncture alone. But, so much depends on what your actual issue is and the practitioner, I think.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
kiloyd (12-11-2014), ValiantJoy07 (12-11-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
kiloyd
Rose Garden

Thanks, I'll look up T-Tapp. I've heard the term but don't know what it is. Off to Google...

ETA: Found this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK7hs7Dvmzo

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I watched some more videos. Very cool. Can't hurt at all to try. Thanks!
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10

Last edited by kiloyd; 12-11-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're having significant pain and swelling TTAPP has a specific workout to help knee pain and help heal the issue http://store.t-tapp.com/t-tapp-more-...l#.VIoev4Qo574

I always have a little sticker shock when I look at the starter systems, but honestly it is like nothing else, and once you find it it impacts everything you do from there on out...at least it did for me. It really is a technique you will use in some way shape or form for the rest of your life. You're paying for a life time tool, not some workout that is like all the rest on the shelves.
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
kiloyd (12-11-2014), Soliloquy (12-15-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
kiloyd
Rose Garden

It is hard to get past the price for just one DVD!

I did a few of her Youtube samples though, very good!
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
Old 12-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
Punkie
Administrator

Punkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond reputePunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Another option I'd recommend for knee pain is a chiropractor who can do Active Release Technique. It did wonders for my knee, and took me from being unable to even drive a car without pain to being able to run a marathon, no problem.

Homeschooling mom to 4, certified herbalist, homesteader, and overly ambitious crafter
Punkie is offline   Reply With Quote