Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:04 AM   #1
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week ONE

Another thread for encouragement as we go about our duties: Post your to do lists here for encouragement as we tick things off. Or Set a timer for 5 minutes, see what you can accomplish and share it here! Before and after pictures are awesome too

My list for today is a catch up on what I haven't accomplished during the week:

* Weigh our new picture frame so I know which hooks to buy
*Back up everything on the laptop so it can go in for repair
* Phone tax credits to update DH's employment details
* Laundry - dark load

* Strip and wash our bed
* Playroom tidy up, floor cleaned, dusting
* Landing tidied and swept
* Library - return books, pick out new ones
* Charity shop - 2 bin bags of stuff to be sent off
* Go to the HFS for vegan cheese and gluten free bread flour
* Go to Home bargains for measuring spoons and paint
* Go to the pharmacy for infant paracetamol
* Buy birthday cards for 2 nephews
* Remember to take mechanical pencils and elderberry syrup when we go to my mom's for dinner tonight.
* Remake our bed
*Wash pram covers

* Put prams up loft

But first, I need to get me and 2 boys dressed and ready for the day

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-02-2016 at 03:13 AM.
Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
knitlove (10-01-2016), sunflowermom (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week ONE

My main to-do is start haloweene costumes.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:32 PM   #3
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week ONE

plan to be back soon with a list!

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:15 AM   #4
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

My list for today:

Go out and do something fun as a family
Laundry - wash, dry fold
Dry pram parts

Cook dinner
Still need to back up laptop and get the pram back up the loft.
Oh, and the nappy load needs washing

Trying to take it easy today

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-02-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #5
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday to-do list:
-print off HBC list and work on weeklies
-finish loads of laundry

-pick apples from the tree
-feed, water, and walk dog
-hem 7 curtains
-wash dd's new bedding
-help dd pack things and prep for her room to be painted (the painter is coming tomorrow at 8 am)
-work prep for the week and start to load kiln for firing
-go on a long relaxing walk or bike along the river...either alone (bike) or with a friend (walk).

It's a slow start to my list because I took advantage of an empty house to have a long soak in the tub.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.

Last edited by RiverRock; 10-02-2016 at 12:48 PM.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:57 PM   #6
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Only accomplished a few things on the list as spent 5hours in A&E with hubby with chest pains. Try again tomorrow

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Old 10-02-2016, 03:00 PM   #7
RiverRock

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Isabel, I'm sorry. I hope your dh is and will continue to be fine.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

He's ok, some kind of inflammation of the cartilage of his sternum that I can't pronounce or spell he's off work tomorrow, I'm not sure if that will help or hinder as far as getting stuff done.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (10-02-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 04:31 AM   #9
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

DH is home sick again which means our routine is a little off. So far today I have

Made breakfast, given every body their meds
Cleaned up the kitchen afterwards did the dishwasher, wiped down worktops and dishwasher
Dried the nappy load and washed a light load
Did school with the oldest
Cleaned the toilet and sink in our half bath
Organised everybody getting dressed.
Emptied the bins in the bathroom and playroom
Made soup and gf bread for lunch

And it's 12.30 now

Still to do;
Clean out guinea pigs
Have lunch
and clean up
Put baby down for nap and do afternoon school (wip)
Take down all the dirty dishes I found in the play room
Put the weeks meal plan on the board

STILL need to back up the laptop and put the pram up the loft. The pram will have to wait though as I need dh's help with the ladder.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-04-2016 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #10
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Today I want to...
Clean the master bath (it desperately needs it)
Do school with the kiddos and not loose my patience
Make lunch
Clean the microwave
Wash at least two loads of laundry
Sort through the homeschool cabinet
Clean up the pile of books beside my bed
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:42 AM   #11
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Adding clean old guinea pig cage and put in shed
Clean up disaster of a play room
Fold nappies and put away
Dry, fold and put away MIL's laundry for her

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
Today I want to...
Clean the master bath (it desperately needs it)
Do school with the kiddos and not loose my patience
Make lunch
Clean the microwave
Wash at least two loads of laundry
Sort through the homeschool cabinet
Clean up the pile of books beside my bed
That looks a good list, let us know how you get on

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Old 10-04-2016, 08:20 AM   #12
RiverRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
Sunday to-do list:
-print off HBC list and work on weeklies
-finish loads of laundry

-pick apples from the tree

-hem 7 curtains
-wash dd's new bedding
-help dd pack things and prep for her room to be painted (the painter is coming tomorrow at 8 am)

-go on a long relaxing walk or bike along the river...either alone (bike) or with a friend (walk).
Time to update my list:
-hem 7 curtains (measured, ironed and pinned-just need to set up the sewing machine now)
-spend a big chunk of the morning working on homework assignments for my psychology class
-make chicken veggie noodle soup and biscuits for dinner
-short hike between work and my ds's soccer game
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #13
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

I love the weekly thread! I'll start tomorrow. My to do list tonight consists of making popcorn and watching Gilmore Girls. Oh, and showering.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
prov31craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #14
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Former list completed. Just bathing the baby then putting him to bed so I can put away the 4 baskets of washing. Then kitchen tidy and then I'm clocking or for the day. I am so tired

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Old 10-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #15
RiverRock

I spent all morning pretty much learning APA citation. I have a history major so I only knew MLA. Arghhh! My to do list might need to be simplified to include only dinner and homework. I'm really tired with PMS, which isn't helping matters!
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.