Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #16
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week 2

Jumping in with trip to the store.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
prov31craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #17
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week 2

Today seems to be one of our first fresh days this fall, so I may drop everything and spend the day at the park. I'm am going to make a list anyway so hopefully I will get a few things done before and after.

Tuesday's To Dos...
Vacuum my bedroom
Mop the Kitchen, dining, and hallway
Make and pack a picnic lunch
Put away last laundry load from yesterday
Clean Guest bath
Do school with kids (unless we spend the day at the park)
Make dinner
Dust
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #18
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

Dropped off three bags of toys to a donation place
went to the post office (yay for new bank cards!!!)
Went to the grocery store
Went to Burger King and grabbed dinner (Hubby has been gone for over a week, and still has a few more days before he comes home...and I slipped on a wet grassy hill while chasing my toddler, and hurt my lower back...so this was all I could muster up for dinner. )
Got the big kids to struggle through some school (one math paper and one coloring sheet took over an HOUR!)
Got all three kids to bed (took TWO hours!!! Seriously? I about lost my mind!)
Watched a couple episodes of Gilmore Girls (I deserved the break!)
Washed the dishes, counters, stove and table.
Picked up jackets of the floor

And now I'm in bed for the night!

I would totally be here with wine....if I had any in the house.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
The Following User Says Thank You to prov31craftymom For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #19
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

You totally deserve some wine for accomplishing that much while solo parenting. Infact I'm going to add that to the extenuating circumstances list. Take a 50 point head start

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_T View Post
I'm off to bed in a few minutes... Got most things done! I'm doing ok at the day to day stuff that has to be done - cooking, loading and unloading the dishwasher, loads of laundry - and not so good at the weekly chores, especially the non-urgent ones. I'm wondering about planning to share chores throughout the week, or maybe focus on a particular room each day But then if we're out all day or get behind for some other reason, I wouldn't want to wait a whole week to get them done Does anyone have some kind of system for doing this?
I have no answers, its still a work in progress here too. I'm playing around with my cleaning shedule, shuffling things about a tiny bit each week until I find a way that flows best for each thing.

If you often have different commitments that interrupt your routine, perhaps it might work to have a master list of weekly chores, and then sit down each weekend and assign those chores to wherever they fit best around that weeks schedule?

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Waaa I wrote a whole big thing, left handed on my phone because of sleeping baby and the internet ate it

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Short version; was in bed before 9.45 tonight but only because I am Xbox widow. Early morning tomorrow for apt so have as much prep done to make the morning run easier. I misplaced my print out so can't tally up my points from today, but think I did ok.

List for Wednesday;
* Breakfast and meds (banana slices and dry cereal for quickness)
* Everybody dressed and presentable (outfits already lashes out and changing bag packed)
* After appt- school; life of Fred, daily Grams, colouring, reading eggs
* Apple printing, letting 1yo loose with paint for the first time; probably in the garden
* 2 loads of laundry
and fold + put away the dry washing from the airer
* Meal plan
* Make dinner (cowboy hotpot, nice and easy)

If I have time and energy id like to sort out my wardrobe and pack up my summer stuff, and also sort out the landing that functions as our entry way. I sold the unit we had there but haven't got round to buying the furniture I want to go in it, so need to make a temporary set up with what I already have.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-12-2016 at 04:42 AM.
Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-12-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 05:03 PM   #20
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
Today seems to be one of our first fresh days this fall, so I may drop everything and spend the day at the park. I'm am going to make a list anyway so hopefully I will get a few things done before and after.

Tuesday's To Dos...
Vacuum my bedroom
Mop the Kitchen, dining, and hallway
Make and pack a picnic lunch
Put away last laundry load from yesterday
Clean Guest bath
Do school with kids (unless we spend the day at the park)
Make dinner
Dust
Well we did end up at the park but I still got a few things done.
Mopped kitchen and hallway
Did school
Packed our picnic
Put away laundry
Made dinner
The Following User Says Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-12-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 09:04 PM   #21
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I like seeing this thread. Reminds me to do something, anything.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Earthmummy07 (10-12-2016), rdsmommy (10-12-2016), RiverRock (10-13-2016), Vicki_T (10-12-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 10:54 PM   #22
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

Oh, thanks.

Today I need to be busy busy! I'm going to set a 10 minute timer and work in every room of my house, and see how much I can get done. I also need to do school with the big kids. But first, breakfast....I'll be back later.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Vicki_T (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 01:31 AM   #23
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

We're all fed
trash and recycle taken out
laundry going
kitchen cleaned
dining room cleaned
living room cleaned
I have swept all the floors in those rooms (and they already need to be swept again )
Also doing school with the big kids

(reading and math for DS and writing and drawing for DD)

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Old 10-12-2016, 03:55 AM   #24
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

Living room done
landing done
boys' room done
lunch made
kids fed
Toddler napped
More school ( writing and science for DS Science and math for DD)
Dishes

Still to do:
School for DD (history, reading, spelling and grammar
DD's room
My room
Bathrooms
Sweeping
mopping

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Vicki_T (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 04:19 AM   #25
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

A master list that's assigned weekly could work Isabel - thanks for the suggestion

My tablet needed charging this morning so I didn't make a list first thing. So far, apart from school, I have prepped dinner (it's in the slow cooker) and done a bit of laundry. Still to do:

More laundry
Put away laundry
Wipe down kitchen sink
Wipe down bathroom sink
Sweep dining room floor
Send some emails
Quiet time

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-12-2016 at 06:56 AM.
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:04 AM   #26
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Wednesday's to do list...
Mop dining room
Dust
Clean guest bath
Oil change for my car
Menu plan
Grocery shopping
Pay water bill
Do school with kids
Make Dinner
Old 10-12-2016, 08:44 AM   #27
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm done with my original list bar making dinner and putting away the baby's laundry. I got half way through sorting my entry but had to stop to nurse the grumpy child.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Old 10-12-2016, 09:52 PM   #28
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
Wednesday's to do list...
Mop dining room
Dust
Clean guest bath
Oil change for my car
Menu plan
Grocery shopping
Pay water bill
Do school with kids
Make Dinner
Done...
Oil change
Menu planning
Grocery shopping
School

Then dh came home early and had other plans. So I guess I'll finish tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 12:48 AM   #29
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still trying to fight off this cold - I jay feel really slow and tired. Anyway, today's list:

- more laundry!
- put away yesterday's laundry
- exercise

- email admin
- sweep dining room floor
- empty bathroom bin
- wipe down bathroom sink
- clean toilet

- tidying - focus in hotspots
- quiet time
- music practice

I have a feeling I've forgotten something so may need to come and add it!

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-13-2016 at 06:20 AM.
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:10 AM   #30
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Rough night last night with the baby so this morning is off to a slow start. 9.07 and I'm just getting out of bed

Breakfast and meds
Feed pets
Wasn't enough light washing to make a load so ran the nappies instead
LOF, daily Grams,
colouring
Clean up kitchen/computer learning
Get everybody ready for the day

Hang nappies to dry
Lunch
French class
Grocery shopping

Trampolining class
Swish ans swipe toilets- one done
Sweep playroom

Think that's it

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-13-2016 at 08:08 AM.