Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #451
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

It is easier now. I thought it would never be easier.

What happened, you ask?

We moved.

A bathroom floor that doesn't have linoleum tiles ripping up from it and a floor rotting out underneath.

A dishwasher. (melodramatic much? maybe ... but now dishes take 10 mins instead of a whole day. )

A back door that doesn't fly open when the wind blows too hard.

A refrigerator that doesn't stop working randomly and leak ... fridge juice

*happysigh*

Now we just need a washing machine and we'll be all set

Welcoming all prayers for a sticky duckling this time

At the end of time, I will kiss you all over your face.
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (06-04-2011), Benjaminswife (06-10-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #452
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckwithoneleg View Post
It is easier now. I thought it would never be easier.

What happened, you ask?

We moved.

A bathroom floor that doesn't have linoleum tiles ripping up from it and a floor rotting out underneath.

A dishwasher. (melodramatic much? maybe ... but now dishes take 10 mins instead of a whole day. )

A back door that doesn't fly open when the wind blows too hard.

A refrigerator that doesn't stop working randomly and leak ... fridge juice

*happysigh*

Now we just need a washing machine and we'll be all set
Congratulations!!! esp on the (re-bolded, enlarged and colored for more emphasis) dishwasher part
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamajane For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (06-04-2011), duckwithoneleg (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #453
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajane View Post
Congratulations!!! esp on the (re-bolded, enlarged and colored for more emphasis) dishwasher part

YES.

I told dh I would happily have rented a puddle of MUD if it came with a dishwasher

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (06-04-2011), Dovenoir (06-01-2011), mamajane (06-01-2011)
Old 06-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #454
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was looking so much better. But then we went away and despite my best intentions I ended up packing after-last-minute so didn't leave the house clean and tidy to come back to. But I did manage to do all the dishes which I haven't always....

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annainprogress For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (06-04-2011), mamajane (06-05-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #455
Benjaminswife
Rose Garden

Benjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud of

I am hoping when we move I can enter a new realm of keeping my house clean...lol Our house in Germany was brand new and it was a lot easier to clean than this 1966 house.

~Julie~
Wife to Ben since 08/03/02,
Mama to Daniel~9, Drew~7 & Joshua~3
Blogging Through The Journey

Benjaminswife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benjaminswife For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (06-10-2011), mamajane (06-10-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 06:36 AM   #456
JustMandy
Deactivated

Location: Among the tall straight pines of the coastal plain.
JustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond repute

Jumping in.
JustMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JustMandy For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (06-17-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #457
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMandy View Post
Jumping in.
Hi!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #458
Tandem mama
Rose Garden

In my world everyone's a pony

Tandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond repute

I struggle terribly keeping my house clean. It stresses me out when it's dirty but I never seem to be able to complete a job. One of my difficulties is dd2 and her penchant for eating small things she fins on the ground.

I do the following daily (try to) pick up the living room, vacuum, scoop the cat liter. I then spend the rest of the day following dd2 or nursing her. She hates nursing anywhere but bed. Or maybe it's me who doesn't care for the distractible nursing that occurs anywhere but here.

It is overwhelming to keep my home clean. I'm definitely a messy!

Married since 2007 to my Apple-geeky artist Don (INTJ)
Mommy to Lydia (1/08) "Nature is really dirty"
Charlotte (7/10) "me am not chawlotte me are batman"
Introducing Nolan January 11, 2014

Tandem mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:36 AM   #459
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

When my children were the ages of your 2 i was really really struggling, you'll get there eventually (maybe not always clean & tidy, but better yk?)

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Annainprogress For This Useful Post:
Tandem mama (07-14-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #460
Tandem mama
Rose Garden

In my world everyone's a pony

Tandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annainprogress View Post
When my children were the ages of your 2 i was really really struggling, you'll get there eventually (maybe not always clean & tidy, but better yk?)
We've had ups and downs with housekeeping for sure. I just started flylady's baby steps.

Married since 2007 to my Apple-geeky artist Don (INTJ)
Mommy to Lydia (1/08) "Nature is really dirty"
Charlotte (7/10) "me am not chawlotte me are batman"
Introducing Nolan January 11, 2014

Tandem mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #461
passionatemom
Rose Bouquet

I am a work in progress.

passionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nice

My Mom (also a messy!) sent me this email. Thought it might be encouraging

(Not sure why it's coming out Bold, but I don't have time to figure it out )

Dirty dishes prove I feed my kids, full trashcans prove I change my baby's diapers, messy floors prove that I let my kids have fun, piles of clothes prove I keep my kids in clean clothes, a messy bathroom proves that I bathe my children! So next time you walk into my house and see a mess, think twice before you judge!!

We homeschool, cosleep, and do "extended" breastfeeding

Wife to Dan since 6/04
Mama to Emmett 12/2007, ASD, SPD, just as passionate as his Mama!
And Jasper 5/2011, self-appointed "ball" boy (small ) Jasper is a mix of spunk and mellowness.

INTP - "I should infinitely prefer a book." - Pride and Prejudice
passionatemom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to passionatemom For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (09-27-2011), hey mommy (11-30-2011), IslandHome (10-18-2011), mamajane (09-23-2011), mipennsn (09-28-2011), Peridot (10-25-2011)
Old 10-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #462
blessedagain

I need to join this thread! I am really messy, my whole family is. Chaotic mess though I am not so bad with the 'dirty' mess. My kids are also very messy-- can trash a room in about 5 minutes.
Things have been better since using Motivated Moms (app) but still prone to a relapse.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #463
mamajane
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedagain View Post
I need to join this thread! I am really messy, my whole family is. Chaotic mess though I am not so bad with the 'dirty' mess. My kids are also very messy-- can trash a room in about 5 minutes.
Things have been better since using Motivated Moms (app) but still prone to a relapse.
Welcome!
Old 11-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #464
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Our washing machine is broken for the 3rd time. Our vacuum cleaner is "great for linoleum and hardwood floors but useless for carpets and/or pet hair" (We have a 120 lb great dane/black lab who JUST went through shedding season.)

We can't afford to do much about either (except dh will fix the washer, but it's anxiety producing for me in the meantime) and it is STRESSING ME OUT.

No matter what I do, we will still have dirty clothes and hair everywhere.

It makes me unmotivated to clean ANYTHING.

Someone tell me that doing dishes and organizing will make a difference?

The Following User Says they are praying for duckwithoneleg:
Annainprogress (11-25-2011)
Old 11-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #465
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Location: The Pacific South-West. You know, north of the Pacific North-West
Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Doing dishes and organizing will make a difference!!!!!

Okay, I can help with the shedding hair. This thing will take the pet hair off the carpet. It's harder work than vacuuming, obviously, but it does work. It works on all the corners along where the carpet meets the wall that the vacuum doesn't reach, too.

If you prefer, there's a broom version, although I don't know if it will exert as much pressure as you'll need.