Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #466
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckwithoneleg View Post

Someone tell me that doing dishes and organizing will make a difference?

For the first time in my life, I am keeping up with dishes and the counter! It was amazing how actually getting to the bottom of the sink, and cleaning it too, motivated me to keep it empty. Clean attracts clean. Just hoping to motivate you!

I hope your washer stress ends soon! Vacuums are pretty easy to come by at thrift stores, maybe you can find a good one if you look around.
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamajane For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (11-24-2011)
Old 11-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #467
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajane View Post

For the first time in my life, I am keeping up with dishes and the counter! It was amazing how actually getting to the bottom of the sink, and cleaning it too, motivated me to keep it empty. Clean attracts clean. Just hoping to motivate you!

I hope your washer stress ends soon! Vacuums are pretty easy to come by at thrift stores, maybe you can find a good one if you look around.
Thank you

... I'm just so ultra frustrated about the vacuum because dh and I bought it, oh... almost a year ago, I suppose. And we bought it new (which... we don't generally buy stuff new), because I really wanted it to WORK. It's a canister - a kenmore. It's a good vacuum! And it was expensive (by my standards ) ... BUT we didn't read the consumer reviews before we bought it (lesson learned). If we had spent like $5 more and gotten the tangerine one instead of the blue one, we would have wound up with the "great on carpet and pet hair!!!" one.

I am just so annoyed that we bought the wrong one all that time ago and never knew it. I thought ALL vacuum cleaners just didn't.. work. And that was just life.

Welcoming all prayers for a sticky duckling this time

At the end of time, I will kiss you all over your face.
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #468
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckwithoneleg View Post
Thank you

... I'm just so ultra frustrated about the vacuum because dh and I bought it, oh... almost a year ago, I suppose. And we bought it new (which... we don't generally buy stuff new), because I really wanted it to WORK. It's a canister - a kenmore. It's a good vacuum! And it was expensive (by my standards ) ... BUT we didn't read the consumer reviews before we bought it (lesson learned). If we had spent like $5 more and gotten the tangerine one instead of the blue one, we would have wound up with the "great on carpet and pet hair!!!" one.

I am just so annoyed that we bought the wrong one all that time ago and never knew it. I thought ALL vacuum cleaners just didn't.. work. And that was just life.
I totally understand! Ughh!
The Following User Says Thank You to mamajane For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (11-24-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #469
Mamalu

I need this thread! Really need help in this area.
Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
mamajane (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #470
mamajane
Rose Garden

Quote:

For the first time in my life, I am keeping up with dishes and the counter!
So, why is it when I announce something like this, I immediately slide in this area? What is that, some law of contraries or something? My sink is still better than usually, but not empty and my counter's not wiped. I hope to catch up today!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamajane For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (11-30-2011), Llee (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #471
trish101

Love this thread! I was just thinking about posting on FB today asking for cleaning advice because I feel like I am always behind.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
mamajane (11-30-2011)
Old 02-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #472
FinnGarianMama

I need this thread! My problem this week is that we are all recovering from influenza and I'm still exhausted!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #473
mamajane
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnGarianMama View Post
I need this thread! My problem this week is that we are all recovering from influenza and I'm still exhausted!
I hope you can keep resting!

This thread has been pretty slow lately, but there are other baby-step housekeeping threads (which I haven't looked at because I'm not in the mood to follow through anyway)
Old 05-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #474
Prism
Rose Trellis

Prism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond repute

Super case ofthe messies here! Im thinking about workinb on it through the night tonight just to try to catch up for tomorrow.

is 9!

I am a CRAZY Wrap girl!

Feel free to add me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/stacy.r.baron
Prism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #475
mamajane
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpiller View Post
Super case ofthe messies here! Im thinking about workinb on it through the night tonight just to try to catch up for tomorrow.
Now that's commitment!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #476
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

My house is pretty good (for me...) atm because a friend helped me catch up in advance of a tenancy inspection. Now my challenge is to not only maintain but try to finally sort through the clutter....

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Annainprogress For This Useful Post:
mamajane (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #477
hey mommy
Rose Garden

I am so hopelessly in love..

hey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond repute

If my toddler would nap, or even just leave me alone, I could get a lot done. He's exhausting.

Janice (ISFP), single-mommy to Cias(11) Samuel( 4) and 2 babies in heaven

Scully: You know, there is life on this planet.
Mulder: I've seen the life on this planet, Scully, that's why I'm looking elsewhere.

A

Check out my NEW facebook page.
I am now a Plexus Ambassador.
hey mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #478
JustMandy
Deactivated

Location: Among the tall straight pines of the coastal plain.
JustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been keeping my house pretty clean for the 8 months it's been on the market. It's exhausting. The minute we have a contract on it, I'm going to pile papers on all the flat surfaces and leave them there for principle's sake.
JustMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustMandy For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (05-11-2012), Daria_Aleksandrovna (06-11-2012), Llee (05-11-2012), mamajane (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #479
Prism
Rose Trellis

Prism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond reputePrism has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now that's commitment!
I totally didn't commit! I am tonight though.... starting in about five minutes.

is 9!

I am a CRAZY Wrap girl!

Feel free to add me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/stacy.r.baron
Prism is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prism For This Useful Post:
mamajane (05-12-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #480
2_sweet_boys

I have the opposite of this problem and need help with that. Sounds silly but the more kids I have the more I have a need for a clean, perfect house. I HAVE to let go. I just cant seem too, it's getting worse. Maybe it's the only order I have in a chaotic home with a 2 and a half yr old, 3 month old, and two dogs. I have real trouble with my priorities these days, the cleaning has to come first or I can't even think straight. Anybody with me? Help??