Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #316
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by peridot View Post
Yay! I'm so glad it's working for you!

Oh, and I TOTALLY understand the whole- 'my entire wardrobe is out on the bed now what do I do' thing.
my reaction to "the whole- 'my entire wardrobe is out on the bed now what do I do' thing. " is give up. and sleep on it. i mean on my wardrobe. cause i know if i even put it on the floor the cats will come pee on it. and i know the right answer is to fold it and put it away... maybe i'm an enfp or something because mundane tasks like that make me react as though they are toxic.

Welcoming all prayers for a sticky duckling this time

At the end of time, I will kiss you all over your face.
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #317
Lin

Well, I don't know. I'm an ISTJ and still struggle with the mundane stuff.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #318
Peridot
Rose Garden

I stand before you, DeFrocked!!

Peridot has disabled reputation

No, it's just a HUGELY OVERWHELMING problem and we have no idea where to start so its paralyzing.

I pile mine on the rocking chair next to me bed.

My project today is to clean off that chair, but Minimus suddenly had a nap atack, and his crib is in our room, so that's out.

"A normal, imperfect, LUMPEN human being!!"

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. and yet, one day Love himself barged into the Temple with a bullwhip and declared enough was enough. I will testify to Love.

Peridot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (05-17-2010)
Old 05-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #319
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, it's just a HUGELY OVERWHELMING problem and we have no idea where to start so its paralyzing.
this.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #320
Peridot
Rose Garden

dude. that's like my whole stinkin' LIFE.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. and yet, one day Love himself barged into the Temple with a bullwhip and declared enough was enough. I will testify to Love.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #321
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Quote:
dude. that's like my whole stinkin' LIFE.
me too

The Following User Says Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
Peridot (05-18-2010)
Old 05-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #322
passionatemom
Rose Bouquet

I am a work in progress.

passionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nice

I LOVE this thread. This is where I belong!

Now, my current issue:
I have trouble getting rid of things that were gifts.

Especially DS's toys. And my mom gives him lots of toys. Fortunately they're usually from a resale store or her own basement, so at least they're cheap and not new. But it's even harder to get rid of them when it used to be one of MY favorite toys too!

I just found another box full that I had packed up when we were showing our house. And he's only 2.5, so he can't necessarily help me decide which are his favorites. The only thing I can do there is to box them and see if he asks for them later.

Help me be inspired to get rid of toys, even though they were gifts!

We homeschool, cosleep, and do "extended" breastfeeding

Wife to Dan since 6/04
Mama to Emmett 12/2007, ASD, SPD, just as passionate as his Mama!
And Jasper 5/2011, self-appointed "ball" boy (small ) Jasper is a mix of spunk and mellowness.

INTP - "I should infinitely prefer a book." - Pride and Prejudice
passionatemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #323
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the bottom of my dishpan yesterday!

('course, I haven't washed any dishes today, so it's gone, but at least I know it's there!)
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #324
Peridot
Rose Garden

We are leaving for vacation soon- like t-5 days.

I KNOW I have much more to do than I'm letting myself think about, but I'm trying to focus on cleaning the house. I am determined to come home to a clean house!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #325
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Location: The Pacific South-West. You know, north of the Pacific North-West
Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajane View Post
I saw the bottom of my dishpan yesterday!
Congrats! I just found the bottom of mine. Now if I can gather the few remaining dirty dishes in one pile, instead of a broad scatter, I might actually have a good bit of counter!

AND I emptied out a box today (you know, those stash-and-dash boxes...) that was living under the telephone counter in the kitchen!

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

passionatemom, how is the toy declutter going? Had any success?
Kiara.I is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiara.I For This Useful Post:
mamajane (06-03-2010)
Old 06-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #326
tofufoofoo
Rose Trellis

...and you shall nurse, you shall be carried upon her hip, and bounced upon her knees...

tofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to behold

I am not sure I am a full-blown messie. But I am so struggling keeping my house clean with a baby. Yes, just ONE baby My house looks like a bomb just went off. I just can't recharge every.single.night doing chores when I know I need to relax by going to bed early, coming on GCM, reading, etc. I do feel guilty that poor DH has to live in this messy house with me but I feel sooo overwhelmed by cleaning/cooking/mothering all day every day
and my snuggly
tiny teddy 4-2-11

now expecting a
baby bear 7-15-13

tofufoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #327
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofufoofoo View Post
I am not sure I am a full-blown messie. But I am so struggling keeping my house clean with a baby. Yes, just ONE baby My house looks like a bomb just went off. I just can't recharge every.single.night doing chores when I know I need to relax by going to bed early, coming on GCM, reading, etc. I do feel guilty that poor DH has to live in this messy house with me but I feel sooo overwhelmed by cleaning/cooking/mothering all day every day
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #328
tofufoofoo
Rose Trellis

...and you shall nurse, you shall be carried upon her hip, and bounced upon her knees...

tofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to beholdtofufoofoo is a splendid one to behold

Does new/special cleaning product make a chore seem easier for you to do? I splurged on some new super concentrated method detergent in a peony scent and natural dryer sheets and they make laundry a lot more "exciting" for me... as exciting as laundry can get anyway. Also I mixed up a new batch of wipe solution for DD and the tea tree smell alone makes me look forward to dirty dipes
and my snuggly
tiny teddy 4-2-11

now expecting a
baby bear 7-15-13

tofufoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tofufoofoo For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (06-03-2010)
Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #329
Peridot
Rose Garden

Quote:
Does new/special cleaning product make a chore seem easier for you to do? I splurged on some new super concentrated method detergent in a peony scent and natural dryer sheets and they make laundry a lot more "exciting" for me... as exciting as laundry can get anyway. Also I mixed up a new batch of wipe solution for DD and the tea tree smell alone makes me look forward to dirty dipes
They absolutely do for me.

so does shopping for stiorage containers, or curtains or rugs. It motivates me to make the rest of the room look nice, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Useful Post:
tofufoofoo (06-03-2010)
Old 06-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #330
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

Quote:
, i have NO babies , i only have a puppy! and i still struggle with keeping the house clean. struggle struggle struggle. my poor future kids.

The Following User Says Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
tofufoofoo (06-03-2010)