Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #406
Peridot
Rose Garden

I stand before you, DeFrocked!!

Peridot has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara.I View Post
So who's up for a "pick one thing" challenge? I could start a spinoff...
You could come visit us over at the Baby Steps Home challenge thread. It's not really a contest- we don't keep scores- but it's nice.

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...d.php?t=383528

Ducky- that blog post had me laughing out loud! It is so me! 'How does this happen??!!!!'

a big turning point for me was when I cleaned the playroom one day while Maximus napped. When he came in he gasped in happiness and said, "Oh MAMMA! It's like a Whole New ROOM!!!!"

I have set for myself what seems at time to be a very small challenge. But slowly I have improved the general messiness.

"A normal, imperfect, LUMPEN human being!!"

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. and yet, one day Love himself barged into the Temple with a bullwhip and declared enough was enough. I will testify to Love.

Peridot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peridot For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (11-12-2010), Llee (11-12-2010)
Old 11-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #407
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Location: The Pacific South-West. You know, north of the Pacific North-West
Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I did my one thing today. I decided that I really needed to deal with food and wiping down the table and cleaning the pots from dinner right after dinner. (Duh!) I always, always think "Oh, I'll do it later," and then we chill for a while and I get the kids in bed and then nothing happens. So later becomes the next day (or not) and the kitchen is almost always a total disaster, and I have to say that doesn't make cooking very inspiring either.

So today I got up from dinner, put my dishes in the dishwasher, cleaned off the table, and finished up (most) of the dishes, including wiping down the counters. There are still some dishes, but I washed way more than I used today, so the overall situation is improved.

Feel free to make sure I do this again tomorrow.

Anyone else try one thing today?
Kiara.I is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiara.I For This Useful Post:
Llee (11-13-2010)
Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #408
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute

i've been taking my dog for two walks so he's not as crazy... does that count? even if it's not cleaning?

Welcoming all prayers for a sticky duckling this time

At the end of time, I will kiss you all over your face.
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #409
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

So after spending yesterday evening and this morning grinning at my clean counters (and then when they got stuff put on them) I cleaned up after dinner again. Not right after dinner, more like after kids were in bed. But still, I have clean counters again.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #410
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara.I View Post
So after spending yesterday evening and this morning grinning at my clean counters (and then when they got stuff put on them) I cleaned up after dinner again. Not right after dinner, more like after kids were in bed. But still, I have clean counters again.
Good for you!
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #411
SweetMelissa
Rose Trellis

Formerly MelissaAndFinn+1

SweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond repute

I was forced to clean my kitchen counter because I dropped a mug, which broke a fishbowl full of water (no live fish, though). Does that count?

Missing my three angels in heaven.

And my daddy 10/09/1955-02/07/2009
SweetMelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #412
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Yes! Wanna keep it clean with me? I missed yesterday (had small group in the evening, stayed late) but did it again tonight.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #413
SweetMelissa
Rose Trellis

SweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweetMelissa has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I say I cleaned it, but what I mean is I took everything off of it and wiped all of the water off of it and then put everything back. So it's still cluttered. But yes, I am going to run the dishwasher tonight and unload/reload it first chance I get tomorrow. AndI will do my best to keep my counters clean.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #414
Peridot
Rose Garden

I stand before you, DeFrocked!!

Peridot has disabled reputation

I took the drawer out of the bottom of my oven....

and cleaned the floor.

"A normal, imperfect, LUMPEN human being!!"

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. and yet, one day Love himself barged into the Temple with a bullwhip and declared enough was enough. I will testify to Love.

Peridot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #415
passionatemom
Rose Bouquet

I am a work in progress.

passionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nicepassionatemom is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by peridot View Post
I took the drawer out of the bottom of my oven....

and cleaned the floor.
Is that how you are supposed to do it? I didn't even know that.

On the bright side, I have washed the dishes several times this week. (I will never be able to keep up with it everyday, not til my kids can go to sleep on their own anyway. ) And I was able to tell DH at bedtime last night that the clean laundry he needed for the morning would be ready for him in the dryer! Bless his heart, he was pleased with that, not disappointed!

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

And congrats to those who have cleaned their counters lately!

We homeschool, cosleep, and do "extended" breastfeeding

Wife to Dan since 6/04
Mama to Emmett 12/2007, ASD, SPD, just as passionate as his Mama!
And Jasper 5/2011, self-appointed "ball" boy (small ) Jasper is a mix of spunk and mellowness.

INTP - "I should infinitely prefer a book." - Pride and Prejudice
passionatemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #416
hey mommy
Rose Garden

I am so hopelessly in love..

hey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot about this thread.. One day, when the baby isn't so, um, insane, I'll be able to work on organizing and cleaning my messy house. But the living room has been picked up and I've been doing dishes most nights. So nice to wake up to a clean sink.

Janice (ISFP), single-mommy to Cias(11) Samuel( 4) and 2 babies in heaven

Scully: You know, there is life on this planet.
Mulder: I've seen the life on this planet, Scully, that's why I'm looking elsewhere.

A

Check out my NEW facebook page.
I am now a Plexus Ambassador.
hey mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #417
SweetMelissa
Rose Trellis

OK, well, my counters are still cluttered with non-dishwasher-safe items and random junk, but I've been a bit better about unloading and reloading the dishwasher in a timely manner and keeping as many dishes off the counters/out of the sink as possible. Today I need to wash some pots and pans and wine glasses that have been sitting out for several days, clear out the drying rack, and scrub some rust spots on the back of my sink from some tin cans that sat there too long and got water under them.

Yesterday, I cleaned off my dining room table and scrubbed the stuck-on junk off of it and wiped it down with a TTO and lavender vinegar solution. It felt so good to actually eat dinner on a clean table! I didn't get it wiped down again last night, but I'm going to do it this morning.

The day before yesterday, dh and I (mostly dh, while I was dealing with the kiddos) cleaned our room and set up the toddler bed for P. The dresser is de-cluttered, the floor is picked up, the clothes are (somewhat) organized, the bedside table is cleared off. We still have some folded clothes that need to be put away, but this is a VAST improvement over it's usual state.

We have bunches of laundry that we need to catch up on.
That's all. I'm stopping right there, lest I get overwhelmed.
I'll be back to update.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #418
Ajani
Rose Trellis

Learning what I'm called to believe

Ajani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I'll join. My mother is a perfectionist and didn't teach us how to maintain a tidy home in a sane manner. She cleans thoroughly. Every day. To the point where she cannot do things spontaneously most times because there is always some kind of housework to be done. So I seem to have gone the opposite way and I don't have any kind of routine. Add to that some mild depression that keeps me feeling easily overwhelmed by it all and our house isn't terribly tidy unless someone is coming over. Even then, there's usually a pile on the bed that's hidden behind a closed door.

So hi, I'm Ajani and I'm a messie. Oh, and FlyLady's simplest steps freak me out and cause me to shut down. She's just too overwhelming.

Come share food with me.

~ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." ~

Ajani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ajani For This Useful Post:
Llee (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #419
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaAndFinn+1 View Post
OK, well, my counters are still cluttered with non-dishwasher-safe items and random junk, but I've been a bit better about unloading and reloading the dishwasher in a timely manner and keeping as many dishes off the counters/out of the sink as possible. Today I need to wash some pots and pans and wine glasses that have been sitting out for several days,
Thanks for sharing. I don't feel so alone now.
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamajane For This Useful Post:
SweetMelissa (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #420
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute

I have one counter clean! And the shrunkj cleaned off the store. And the dishwasher is unloaded! Just don't don't look at the other counters or the floor. Or, heaven forbid, behind the fridge or stove.

And Anjani, come join us here: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...d.php?t=384331

We're Flylady dropouts.

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Llee For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (11-19-2010)