Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #421
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loralee View Post
I have one counter clean! And the shrunkj cleaned off the store. And the dishwasher is unloaded! Just don't don't look at the other counters or the floor. Or, heaven forbid, behind the fridge or stove.

And Anjani, come join us here: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...d.php?t=384331

We're Flylady dropouts.
that is one seriously excellent list.

if i can get my printer working, i will be printing that sucker out.

Welcoming all prayers for a sticky duckling this time

At the end of time, I will kiss you all over your face.
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to duckwithoneleg For This Useful Post:
Llee (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #422
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loralee View Post

We're Flylady dropouts.
I am SO a flylady drop out. I mostly only read the testimonials . The "clean the sink first" thing was totally prohibitive to me, esp w/o a dishwasher.
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamajane For This Useful Post:
Llee (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #423
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I like the concept of Flylady and yes, a shiny sink in the a.m. sounds great. But cleaning when there's no daylight is just. so. haaaaard.

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Llee For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (11-19-2010), SweetMelissa (11-19-2010)
Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #424
blessedmommy3

Happy to read this thread! I always kept a clean house...and then I had kids! With 3 under the age of 3 I'm just happy if I can see most of the floor, lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Peridot (01-27-2011), runningmama (04-01-2011)
Old 12-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #425
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmommy3 View Post
Happy to read this thread! I always kept a clean house...and then I had kids! With 3 under the age of 3 I'm just happy if I can see most of the floor, lol
Welcome!
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #426
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #427
Lin

Hey, everybody. I just started a Facebook group for people like us who attempt to homeschool. Please come give some tips here. It's brand new, so it'll take some time to get up a real following, but we can start it out. I'd be honored if y'all would join.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...05443776198867
Old 02-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #428
breezy88
Climbing Rose

breezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant future

Hello,
Did everybody suddenly become a reformed "messie"? I'm still messy and hoping people are still posting here.
Right now the laundry is overwhelming. I put the change table in the bathroom and that means the laundry hamper is in the living room. So the hamper is overflowing...dirty laundry is all over the floor...and clean laundry is all over the chair and couch.
I know that I'll somehow have to change once dd is mobile....or will I?

Ok, going to fold at least one load of towels right now (no more procrastinating)

Mommy to 4 little girls
Remembering 3 babes in heaven.

breezy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #429
graceandmercy
Rose Trellis

The best way to hold a child is in your heart!

graceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant futuregraceandmercy has a brilliant future

I wish I was a reformed messie! !

mamma to my many 's that are now with Jesus

embarking on our new surrogacy journey in 2012

SAHM, co-sleeping, non-vax, home learners/unschooling, learning to live with severe food allergies

While I know myself to be a creation of God, I am obligated to remember and realize that everything and everyone else is also God's creation.
graceandmercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:12 AM   #430
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

I've been posting in the Baby Steps threads

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 AM   #431
mipennsn
Rose Garden

mipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond repute

My house is a wreck, was before we were sick the whole last week. I think I have it a little cleaner than it was. We didn't get the trash out for trash day yesterday, so will be interesting since our can outside is not that big. I have a fair amount of laundry washed and dried, but not folded or put away.

My goal for today take it slow but get the kitchen and living room clean, ok able to be walked through without having to worry about stepping on something. Clean laundry folded and put away. Maybe the bathroom given a quick swish and swipe especially around the toilet.

I am nowhere near the reformed messy stage.
My GIRL H who is 7!

Full time mommy and breadwinner for my family

mipennsn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mipennsn For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (02-05-2011), duckwithoneleg (03-26-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #432
gardentender

Oh how I'd love to corral my messiness. The stack of 'stuff' on the computer desk in front of me is ridiculous...and it flows around my feet. I used to get the piles cleaned up in a large chunk of time where I could finally get focused. With a little one, I no longer have the large chunks of time to get into the project...I'm wondering when it will ever happen!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (03-26-2011)
Old 03-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #433
littlerainbow
Seedling Rose

littlerainbow has disabled reputation

Ooooh I think I have finally found the perfect thread for me!
littlerainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littlerainbow For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (03-26-2011), Benjaminswife (03-26-2011), duckwithoneleg (03-26-2011)
Old 03-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #434
Benjaminswife
Rose Garden

Benjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud of

I think I am finally getting somewhere with my house. I still have so much more organizing to do but the more I do, the easier it is to keep the house clean.

I am so jealous of those people that HAVE to have a clean house. It looks easy for them to clean.

~Julie~
Wife to Ben since 08/03/02,
Mama to Daniel~9, Drew~7 & Joshua~3
Blogging Through The Journey

Benjaminswife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benjaminswife For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (03-26-2011), duckwithoneleg (03-26-2011), Llee (03-26-2011), runningmama (04-01-2011)
Old 03-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #435
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

For anyone new to this thread who doesn't know, the Baby Steps home blessing challenge is a great way to start getting hold of stuff, there are daily stuff that gets posted every day, and specific challenges that change, but how much or little of the list you complete is up to you, there's no pressure to get it done, but I (mostly) find I get more done with it than without it

Unite!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annainprogress For This Useful Post:
Benjaminswife (03-26-2011), littlerainbow (04-04-2011), Llee (03-26-2011)