Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #436
breezy88
Climbing Rose

breezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Please help a messy mama get ready for a home study! I have it in my head that they will probably make one "drop in" visit so I need to be ready at any time.
So far I've managed to keep the kitchen clean for one week and today I did the bathroom.
It is just freaking me out! I am not tidy. I clean 'dirty' stuff like garbage...dishes and spit up on the floor. I do one load of laundry a day. But I tend to leave stuff everywhere.

Mommy to 4 little girls
Remembering 3 babes in heaven.

breezy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #437
duckwithoneleg
Rose Garden

"Be just who you're made to be, Poppa is so mighty pleased with thee." -Danielsons

duckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond reputeduckwithoneleg has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so. Our washing machine broke.

I got moving on cleaning again yesterday for the first time in I don't even know how long and AAAAUUUUGH I filled up half a trash bag with dirt and pet hair and the dishes ... the sink hasn't been empty since Thanksgiving.

And EVERY.SINGLE. PIECE of fabric in our house (clothes, towels, bedding, fabric that I craft with...) needed to be washed.

6 industrial washing machines at the laundromat.

And WHAT IS IT about piles of laundry on the floor that makes a cat want to PEE ON IT

Honestly? I have tried cleaning schedules and flylady and disciplining myself to just do it every day (which ends the second there is a major holiday or the washing machine breaks) ... fail fail fail.

I think I shall never have a presentable house. Or even a ... sort of cleanish house that doesn't make people allergic to animals feel like they're dying.

Welcoming all prayers for a sticky duckling this time

At the end of time, I will kiss you all over your face.
duckwithoneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #438
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Location: The Pacific South-West. You know, north of the Pacific North-West
Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Breezy, it's all about habits. Build the habits. But you kind of need to build them one at a time, because my specialty is trying to change everything at once, and therefore changing nothing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kiara.I For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (03-28-2011), breezy88 (03-28-2011), Daria_Aleksandrovna (06-11-2012), duckwithoneleg (03-27-2011), Llee (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #439
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'll make progress then drop back, then catch back up, maybe make a little more progress then drop back

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Annainprogress For This Useful Post:
duckwithoneleg (03-28-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #440
tracierowe
Deactivated

tracierowe is a splendid one to beholdtracierowe is a splendid one to beholdtracierowe is a splendid one to beholdtracierowe is a splendid one to beholdtracierowe is a splendid one to beholdtracierowe is a splendid one to beholdtracierowe is a splendid one to beholdtracierowe is a splendid one to behold

Hi, My name is Tracie, and I am a "messie"
tracierowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tracierowe For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #441
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy88 View Post
Please help a messy mama get ready for a home study! I have it in my head that they will probably make one "drop in" visit so I need to be ready at any time.
So far I've managed to keep the kitchen clean for one week and today I did the bathroom.
It is just freaking me out! I am not tidy. I clean 'dirty' stuff like garbage...dishes and spit up on the floor. I do one load of laundry a day. But I tend to leave stuff everywhere.
one of the things we do in the Baby Steps thread is to have a TWO do list - so each day make yourself a list of just TWO things in addition to your usual stuff like dishes, laundry, etc. so maybe one day it might be 1) Declutter hallway for 20 mins - find places for things, throw out/donate anything unneeded, 2) vacuum living room. Then don't worry about the 101 other things you could do with doing, do the 2 you've decided on. If you finish them and still have time/energy you can make another list of two things, but the idea is you don't get overwhelmed looking at the big picture, you set yourself achievable goals.

Would that help you?

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Annainprogress For This Useful Post:
Llee (03-31-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #442
breezy88
Climbing Rose

breezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant futurebreezy88 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annainprogress View Post
one of the things we do in the Baby Steps thread is to have a TWO do list - so each day make yourself a list of just TWO things in addition to your usual stuff like dishes, laundry, etc. so maybe one day it might be 1) Declutter hallway for 20 mins - find places for things, throw out/donate anything unneeded, 2) vacuum living room. Then don't worry about the 101 other things you could do with doing, do the 2 you've decided on. If you finish them and still have time/energy you can make another list of two things, but the idea is you don't get overwhelmed looking at the big picture, you set yourself achievable goals.

Would that help you?
Yes...it can all get very overwhelming...we have our date set for two weeks from today. Maybe I'll make a two do list for every day until then.

Mommy to 4 little girls
Remembering 3 babes in heaven.

breezy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #443
Zoesmama

I can so relate to this. Growing up I didn't have a mother that was neat or organized. Her parent's were typical kids of depression saving everything that they may need. So we grew up in clutter messes often. We were made to clean up but never really learned a routine till a lot later in life. I still struggle though I can be organized and neat. I dislike doing dishes so much and it is by far my most hated homekeeping chore. I use a dishwasher so you'd think it would be easier and less of a problem.

I have noticed a correlation between eating so far past satiated and then feeling too stuffed to do a nightly dish loading right after dinner. Then I say later but never get to it until morning and then its really the last thing you want to see when you go to make some breakfast.

Been trying to work back into a Fly routine so maybe I can get on a routine. I had a really good routine not long ago but ever since I've been unemployed its gotten way off track. I have a ton more time in my day yet get nothing done. Amazing eh?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #444
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Dirty dishes are the bane of my existence!
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamajane For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (04-01-2011), runningmama (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #445
runningmama
Rose Bouquet

runningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond reputerunningmama has a reputation beyond repute

Love this thread!

I struggle with dishes (no dishwasher) and laundry (the folding and putting away part). We have a tiny house that gets smaller with every winter week and it's so hard to keep clean in any way! I sometimes have a good few days or even a week, but then things start piling up because of a busy schedule and we are done for!
(11-07)

As an INFP please be assured that this post was probably deleted and rewritten 50 times before posting.

http://countitalljoy.blogspot.com/
runningmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to runningmama For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (04-01-2011), mamajane (04-01-2011)
Old 05-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #446
Michellecmf

Current Messie here! We had to move back in with my folks so even though a lot of our stuff is in storage, we still brought some stuff to add to their tons of stuff. Sometimes I think my stacks reflect my emotional state- scattered! Sigh....
Old 05-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #447
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellecmf View Post
Current Messie here! We had to move back in with my folks so even though a lot of our stuff is in storage, we still brought some stuff to add to their tons of stuff. Sometimes I think my stacks reflect my emotional state- scattered! Sigh....
Welcome!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #448
Benjaminswife
Rose Garden

Benjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud ofBenjaminswife has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellecmf View Post
*hugs*

So I have started putting a book on my ipod and then I listen to it when I clean. It is like a treat for me so it makes it a lot easier. Hope I can keep it up. I really do feel a lot better when the house is clean.

The boy's room is horrible. I really need to declutter toys. Going to work on that on Thurs.

~Julie~
Wife to Ben since 08/03/02,
Mama to Daniel~9, Drew~7 & Joshua~3
Blogging Through The Journey

Benjaminswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #449
ruhama
Deactivated

Jumping off the hot tin roof.

ruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond reputeruhama has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Messie!! I figure I should check in here since this is pretty much where I belong.

My landlady dropped by unannounced and asked me today if we "needed clothes hangers" and I resisted the urge to act all shocked and say "Why would we hang up our dirty clothes??" She was admiring Mount Laundry (which I'm glad was rather smaller than it is at its worst) and thankfully I'd been able to completely clear and wipe down my kitchen counters yesterday.

Anyways, glad to have some fellow messies to commiserate with.
ruhama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:08 AM   #450
mamajane
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhama View Post
I am a Messie!! I figure I should check in here since this is pretty much where I belong.

My landlady dropped by unannounced and asked me today if we "needed clothes hangers" and I resisted the urge to act all shocked and say "Why would we hang up our dirty clothes??" She was admiring Mount Laundry (which I'm glad was rather smaller than it is at its worst) and thankfully I'd been able to completely clear and wipe down my kitchen counters yesterday.

Anyways, glad to have some fellow messies to commiserate with.
Wow, a surprise visit! I hope she doesn't make a habit of them!

Welcome.