Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #31
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread? Challenge? Accountability?

Week of Jan 15
1 my closets (1/17 closet 1 - done)
2 my dresser
(Extra hour in den)

Week of Jan 22
1 kitchen — area to right of sink
2 kitchen area to Left of sink and under sink
(Extra hour in den)

Week of Jan 29
Kitchen— coat cabinet cubbies and drawers (this is a bear so I need to probably have it as my only task)
(Extra hour in den)

I’m so happy I’m actually keeping up on my list

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
MegMarch (01-18-2018), RiverRock (01-17-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 07:18 AM   #32
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Since I’m goimg back to work sometimes after jan 29, I changed my schedule. To 3/week to finish before I leave. Dh is determined to finish the basement before I go back to work

Week of Jan 15
1 my closets (1/17 closet 1 - done, 1/18 closet 2 done)
2 my dresser
3 kitchen area to right of sink
(Extra hour in den)

Week of Jan 22
1 kitchen area to Left of sink and under sink
2 Kitchen— coat cabinet cubbies and drawers
3 finish den

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”

Last edited by tempus vernum; 01-18-2018 at 09:09 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
MegMarch (01-18-2018), Reva (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 03:34 PM   #33
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Week of Jan 15
2 my dresser 1/18 done
3 kitchen area to right of sink 1/18 done
(Extra hour in den)

Week of Jan 22
3 finish den

Old 01-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #34
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

I'm most definitely an INFJ. ;-)

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute

Well shoot.I decluttered about 5-10 lbs of organic rice (which WAS part of my pantry declutter) as well as the gorgeous jar it was in. Dropped it as I was returning it to the pantry after starting dinner. . So now I have to replace like all the other pantry cleaning recipes I had in mind.
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #35
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Packed up a bunch of clothes DD outgrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:28 PM   #36
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitPatientlyOnTheLord View Post
Well shoot.I decluttered about 5-10 lbs of organic rice (which WAS part of my pantry declutter) as well as the gorgeous jar it was in. Dropped it as I was returning it to the pantry after starting dinner. . So now I have to replace like all the other pantry cleaning recipes I had in mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #37
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that, WPOTL!

Jodi, you are doing great! Very impressive.

We are up to about 250 things on our new list, but I just don't feel like we are making any progress. It is mostly ju st littl e things. And the problem areas/hot spots are not getting any better.
I honestly just don't know what to do with things. And DH...bless his heart ...he is on board to get rid of things but it is so hard for him. His things are big and take up so much room.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (01-18-2018), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #38
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I really need to go though our books and get rid of some of the many many picture books we have, 12+ linear feet really is too much for one two little girls.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 05:48 AM   #39
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
Week of Jan 15
2 my dresser 1/18 done
3 kitchen area to right of sink 1/18 done
(Extra hour in den)

Week of Jan 22

3 finish den
I cannot seem to force myself to do our den it’s primarily HS stuff and I’m just having a hard time facing it . It’s the only thing I need to do.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #40
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I finished pretty much everything on my previous list! I'm still organizing my mud room. It is a really great space with tons of shelves off my kitchen and laundry room. I'd love to replace the store shelves with sturdier ones, but for now I'm trying to slowly buy some different storage baskets that will utilize the space better. We keep light bulbs, flashlights, batteries, ice cream maker, meat processing equipment, beach towels, pet supplies, dh's work clothes, some tools, and baskets for odds and ends in here. The shelves are 11 inches high and the baskets I have are only 4-5 inches high so I feel like there is a lot more space in there if I had deeper baskets.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
I cannot seem to force myself to do our den it’s primarily HS stuff and I’m just having a hard time facing it . It’s the only thing I need to do.
Can you do one tiny shelf or corner? Sometimes if I start really, really small, I'll get inspired to keep going.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
tempus vernum (01-26-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #41
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry about the rice. Wasting food is so hard.

I went through my drawer of random plastic food storage containers. It also has the lids for my glass storage containers, mason jar lids, and reusable picnic cutlery. Got rid of some things I never use.

I moved my juicer into the back of a storage closet. I'm not ready to sell it but we use it so rarely that it doesn't deserve space in the kitchen anymore.

Next up is the bathroom closet. Time to get rid of things we just don't use and reorganize what's left.

Jodi, if you can find a young homeschooling family who wants your old books and supplies, would that help? I don't like donating homeschool books to the thrift store because I think they'll just sit on the shelves. But if I bring them to coop someone usually takes them home.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #42
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Just replaced our front hall organizer drawers, the fabric kind. Each family member has one plus there's one extra. Got rid of lots of things.

The old fabric drawers are going into G's closet.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:40 PM   #43
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I put off doing homeschool stuff, too.
There are just so many decisions involved!!! And I always feel guilt.

I did make myself go through some math stuff today.

We cleared off two shelves worth of books (non homeschooling sorts)
today. It was a lot, but doesn't feel like much, if that makes sense.
Also, the Christmas trees are finally gone.

I have one shelf of my "young mom" parenting books.
I don't really need them, but I don't know what to do with them. They are stuff like natural pregnancy and birth stuff, family bed and non-cio sleep books, breastfeeding and stuff like that. Stuff that felt so novel when I had them 15-17 years ago, but that now are mainstream yet outdated. All that info is so accessible now, but I don't even know if young moms would ever actually read a paper book!?

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:54 PM   #44
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

A few years ago I unloaded all of my Mothering Magazines. I had several years worth. It was hard. They were cutting edge at the time I read them.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #45
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Cleaned out my car today! It can finally be vacuumed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote