Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #316
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummusDip
Do you give the 1/4 tsp of the hydrated clay to the baby straight off a spoon or in something? Off the spoon would be easier but I don't know if that's "ok".
just dont use metal. I have used a plastic spoon, a medicine bulb, a medicine syringe, a medicine measuring cup. whatever is easiest, just not metal. 
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #317
Blueberrybabies
Climbing Rose

Blueberrybabies has a spectacular aura aboutBlueberrybabies has a spectacular aura aboutBlueberrybabies has a spectacular aura about

Just got my clay today The directions say not to use tap water to hydrate for internal use. So do I need to go out and buy bottled water? Or would boiled filtered tap water be ok?
Old 05-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #318
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! This is a long thread and I didn't read the whole thing--how much should I use for a foot bath?
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #319
purstrength
Rose Garden

purstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud ofpurstrength has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM
Wow! This is a long thread and I didn't read the whole thing--how much should I use for a foot bath?
I *think* its a cup for a full bath, so I did a couple of heaping teaspoons for my first clay foot bath last week.

Remembering Mary
purstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #320
Lantern Light Mama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

A.K.A. joyinthspirit

Lantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't understand why you cant' mix clay with metal. There appears to not be a clear reason why. I don't get it.
Lantern Light Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #321
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyInTheSpirit
I still don't understand why you cant' mix clay with metal. There appears to not be a clear reason why. I don't get it.
the properties to clay as far as it absorbing/adsorbing, lend it to taking in things from the metal that you wouldnt want to ingest.
Here's an extreme example for clarity sake.
Lets say you purchased something from china that happened to have lead in it. If you were to take the object, stir it around in the clay, the clay will pull off some of the lead. then you take the clay and drink it, you are drinking the clay that still has some lead in it(thats why it is so effective as a metal detox, it can pull lead out of ones body, even if you are just sitting in a clay bath).
Old 05-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #322
Lantern Light Mama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

A.K.A. joyinthspirit

Lantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond repute

wow!
Lantern Light Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #323
kypovan

Can I tell you how excited I am to find this thread!! I just ordered 5lbs of Bentonite clay, and I can't wait to start using it. It's not the internal quality stuff, so it will all be for external/bath use. I will eventually buy some internal quality.

So, I have some questions.
Do you think the clay would work for toenail fungus? I've struggled with this ugly toe for over 10 years. I did the horrible medicine during a time I wasn't pregnant or nursing, but then we moved, and I couldn't get the second half of the meds. Now docs wont give me the meds. I want it gone so bad...it hurts!

I know I have to spend more money to get the quality internal clay. If I were to take it everyday, and give it to my boys every day (7, 5, 16mo), how much would I need? And how long would it last?

My boys suffer from chronic - LONG lasting - colds. They get about 5 colds every year, and when they get them, they last for weeks at a time. I'm hoping the clay would help this.

Thanks!
Wendy
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #324
MamaPepper
Rose Garden

MamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond reputeMamaPepper has a reputation beyond repute

Photographer & Designer

My PhotographyMy Webpage
MamaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #325
me
Rose Garden

The external clay will make a noticeable difference with your toe but it might keep popping back up until you detox internally.
And my kids are about the ages of yours and when we took it daily a small jar lasted us about 2 or 3 months if I remember it right, and I did have to use it topically a few times so I'm sure it would have lasted much much longer.

Your 5lbs is gonna last an eternity though...he-he..since it is such a large amount though and it is your first order be sure it comes odorless. Sometimes that large of an amount will absorb an odor if it should be left near something during shipping. Just in the very rare chance.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #326
kypovan

Well, I did order 5lbs, but it's to share with another family. I will check for odor. Thanks!

Yay! I hope it will help the toe. Soon I'll get some internal quality so that I can detox. Awesome!

Whoo-hoo! So excited! My clay showed up in the mail today. So, I immediately made some in a mason jar and then put it on my toe. I don't feel anything from it, so far. But, it is turning yellow in some places. Very interesting!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #327
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I have only read about the first 120 replies to this thread. But I got some BC a few days ago and it is AWESOME! I have been treating my poor dog for systemic yeast for about 6 months and we were sort of stuck where she should have been getting better but was not. BC has made a huge difference in a short time.

Also using it for the family but since we don't have huge problems it's not as obvious. It helped DS get through a food reaction. DH had hundreds of bug bites and it helped. I've just used for acne and facial mask so far. I went back to the HFS today and bought all they had.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #328
Sign Of The Fish Burger

Ok I just found this thread. I'm almost ready to buy some.

I want the clay and the bath powder.

I'm looking to improve my horrible, surgery recommended by my doctor hemorrhoids. I want to avoid surgery if at all possible and I'm willing to try ANYTHING.

Also my skin is terrible and I have Lupus disease.

Do you know anything about what I have listed and whether or not I could benefit from it?

Should I start out just with the baths and then add the clay? Or should I do both right from the get-go?
Old 09-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #329
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I cleaned out both Health Food stores that carry BC around here so I ordered from Earth's Living clay. Carol from ELC sent me an email just asking if I had any questions and of course I did, but I wouldn't have bothered emailing to ask.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #330
Blue Aurora
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Aurora has a reputation beyond repute

Does it help with yeast?

True obedience is a matter of love, which makes it voluntary, not compelled by fear or force. ~Dorothy Day

Blue Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote