Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Baby Wearing (Slings, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Baby Wearing (Slings, Etc.) *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #16
esperanza
Rose Garden

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: boba vs tula

Yep, that's what I mentioned a couple times.
It's new, and they just have a couple prints/colors. I'm not sure how hard it is to get, but if you don't need it until the fall, you should be able to get it before then.
The Following User Says Thank You to esperanza For This Useful Post:
sprout (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 06:31 PM   #17
melissa5317
Rose Bouquet

melissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud of
Default boba vs tula

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperanza View Post
To complicate matters, a lot of people also love kinderpaks. I think they are easier to get now than they were.

Here I am, to complicate matters! I LOVE my Kinderpack!! I still frequently wear my almost-4yo and it is CRAZY comfy. It's also big enough that I can chuck my 5.5yo in too if she's getting tired. The koolnit comes in very handy here in Oz too!

ETA - i realise that sounds like it's big enough to put both my almost-4 and my 5yo in at the same time. Just to clarify...no. One at a time. Lol

*ISTJ* with a little bit of aspie thrown in for good measure

Last edited by melissa5317; 05-06-2016 at 06:33 PM.
melissa5317 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melissa5317 For This Useful Post:
schmamy (02-13-2017), sprout (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #18
sprout
Rose Garden

sprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm..I will have to look into the kinderpack.

another kink in the decision is this...I would use the sling on a Disney trip. But, I live in the opposite climate all the other weeks of the year. So, a heavier sling would actually be beneficial.

and, they are too expensive for me to just buy this one and that one...especially when trying to fund a Disney trip.

thanks for all the suggestions, do keep me thinking =)
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #19
esperanza
Rose Garden

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I know people love their kinderpaks too! I thought about it when I got my Tula, but I liked the pocket better on the Tula. I don't think that any kind of mesh is going to be a make it or break it deal. I mean, you could go either way. It would make it a little cooler, but it also won't make the carrier cold in other climates, you know? Good luck- these kind of decisions took me forever to make when I was buying carriers!
sprout (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #20
sprout
Rose Garden

sprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond repute

kinderpack is sold out everywhere? and crazy expensive.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

you might also find this helpful

https://snuglilbug.com/2014/07/10/tu...ate-show-down/
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #21
esperanza
Rose Garden

I'm not super up on the KP craze, but I'm pretty sure they just stock once a week and you have to get them when they stock. They make small quantities at a time. But I think it's easier to get them now that it was. If you decide to get a KP, I'd look at buying one (new or used) from one of the FB babywearing groups. It's not like Tulas, where you can just order them from many retailers. You may only be able to buy them (retail) directly from KP.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to esperanza For This Useful Post:
Llee (05-07-2016), melissa5317 (05-06-2016), sprout (05-06-2016)
Old 05-07-2016, 09:56 AM   #22
elohcin
Rose Bouquet

elohcin has much to be proud ofelohcin has much to be proud ofelohcin has much to be proud ofelohcin has much to be proud ofelohcin has much to be proud ofelohcin has much to be proud ofelohcin has much to be proud ofelohcin has much to be proud ofelohcin has much to be proud ofelohcin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout View Post
I am thinking of a Disney trip.

We would wear a lot and it would be in the early fall where the heat could be hot but not overly intense.

I have a pouch and a ring sling, but I do not think they would be good for hours of wearing.
For Disney, I wore my 4th gen Beco. Of course, they are a little more difficult to get your hands on because they can really only be purchased used anymore, but it's the SSC carrierthat I've chosen over everything else (I've gone through Ergo, Beco, Tula, and one more....though I can't recall which one). Lighter weight, MUCH less bulk, floppier, and just more comfortable overall.
11 very loved babies in Heaven
elohcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #23
Sweet Life
Rose Garden

Sweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond repute

sprout...what did you end up purchasing? And pros and cons of it?
Old 02-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #24
Katigre
Rose Garden

Why thank you, it is naturally blue...

Katigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond repute

Why not the lillebaby with the mesh? That would be great for hot weather. I'm pretty sure there's a tula with mesh though too. I love our regular Tula.
Katigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:05 AM   #25
daina
Rosebud

daina is just really nicedaina is just really nicedaina is just really nicedaina is just really nice

Are you talking Disney Orlando, or Disney California? I've lived in FL all of one year, but this last summer walked miles a day wearing DS, who was about 28lbs at the time. I remember it really didn't start to get down to the 70s til October, but the weather's not toooo bad for babywearing. I never felt like I needed to have a mesh carrier. So that being said, a standard carrier is probably a good way to go-to no real need for the mesh or the sport carriers IMO.
daina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #26
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Boba from DS2 and we loved it - but I had nothing else to compare it to other than an Ergo. The Boba comes up higher but otherwise there wasn't a huge difference that I recall.

Subbing because I want to sell it--it's ugly --and get a pretty new SSC for baby girl...but I can't decide what to get. Tula? LilleBaby? I'm actually suuuuuper picky about prints and fabrics and colors and I don't really like much of what I've seen from Tula. Just NMS. Some are OK but none I really *love*.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #27
Katigre
Rose Garden

Why thank you, it is naturally blue...

Katigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmamy View Post

We have a Boba from DS2 and we loved it - but I had nothing else to compare it to other than an Ergo. The Boba comes up higher but otherwise there wasn't a huge difference that I recall.

Subbing because I want to sell it--it's ugly --and get a pretty new SSC for baby girl...but I can't decide what to get. Tula? LilleBaby? I'm actually suuuuuper picky about prints and fabrics and colors and I don't really like much of what I've seen from Tula. Just NMS. Some are OK but none I really *love*.
Lillebaby all the way! So many moms of babies I know love it, and it's versatility is really unrivaled. I love my Tula but I got it when DD2 was six months old, so I didn't need any of the infant adjustability.
Katigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #28
november
Rose Trellis

november has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond repute

Having worn and used both extensively, definitely the Tula. I loved the regular Tula so much I even bought a Toddler Tula! It's awesome.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by november View Post
Having worn and used both extensively, definitely the Tula. I loved the regular Tula so much I even bought a Toddler Tula! It's awesome.
The Tula was a GOD-SEND when we were at Disney, omgsh.

Married to the love of my life
Mama to (7) & (2)

Save
november is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:19 PM   #29
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
Lillebaby all the way! So many moms of babies I know love it, and it's versatility is really unrivaled. I love my Tula but I got it when DD2 was six months old, so I didn't need any of the infant adjustability.
Your raving about it on another thread was what made me consider it! That and I really like the charcoal/berry color

It looks complicated though I don't feel like I really need a lot of versatility though...I expect to use ring slings for the first couple of months and I also have a Kangapack that's smaller/more streamlined and works well for younger babies. So I feel like getting something that will work best for 4-6 months and up is just fine for our needs...
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #30
esperanza
Rose Garden

Do you have a local Babywearing International group? If so, I would definitely go to one of the meetings and try them on. What one person loves, another person doesn't. Just like jeans. They should have a demo doll that you can use to see what it is like too. I tried a lillebaby once and was not a fan at all. It had all these zippers and was too complicated. But I know so many people love it. I think it may have been the certain model I tried too. But really, if you can try on one, I'd do that. Or wait until baby is here and try on different carriers with your baby! There are actually tons of SSCs, beyond the big names we always hear, and some people really love those too!
schmamy (02-14-2017)